Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

I only use the EAS shakes, have never used the IP so don't know how they compare taste wise and all, but I am loosing slowly, I'm good with that though.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I only use the EAS shakes, have never used the IP so don't know how they compare taste wise and all, but I am loosing slowly, I'm good with that though.
That's awesome. I just got some Jay Robb protein powder. It has really good flavor. It's not filling like IP because it doesn't thicken up AT ALL like the IP drinks or puddings, but I don't get hungry for quite awhile after drinking it. I have tried the Pin Colada, Orange Dreamsicle, Chocolate and Strawberry in individual packets. Today I am going to go get the bulk bag of vanilla ( I can add extracts to that to change the flavor and it's really good just as vanilla).

I think I will get some EAS AvantEdge (?) drinks to have already made, too. It's good to hear that you are losing without IP
stacerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #198  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Stopping IP

It has been months since I've been on the forum and I'm glad to see so many familiar names!
Anyhow, I need some advice on stopping the program. I started on January 11th and have done very well losing over 50 lbs. I find myself cheating now and I know it's time for me to get off of it before I just totally lose control. My plan is to join some friends at Weight Watchers to lose or at least keep the weight off thru the summer and perhaps do IP again in the fall. Ideally I'll continue to lose on Weight Watchers! My coaches have said I have to do at least two weeks of Phase 2 and then two weeks of Phase 3 before I can move into maintenance. I believe them and so far they've been right, but I so desperately just want to be done! I also don't want to do anything to compromise my progress thus far! I'm wondering if I can move it along faster myself. I have a number of packets left and am willing to try other brands so that I can do it at my own pace. Any thoughts or suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks!
ritiki19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Do you have 3 EAS shakes a day? When did you start and what's your average weekly loss? I have been using lindora products and found out the only ones I like are the one's with aspartame and I'm not willing to buy those. Even those are still kinda gross to me. I'm having a hard time with the texture of everything. I did lose 15 lbs the first 2 weeks using the packets w/o aspartame. But now on the 3rd wk, using products with aspartame I haven't lost any so I'm beginning to think it might be the aspartame.
I got some EAS shakes and liked them so now I'm considering switching to only those shakes. I'm glad to find someone on here who is using only EAS. Are you doing any kind of exercise also? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get as much info as I can before buying any more stuff.
penguin0199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
It has been months since I've been on the forum and I'm glad to see so many familiar names!
Anyhow, I need some advice on stopping the program. I started on January 11th and have done very well losing over 50 lbs. I find myself cheating now and I know it's time for me to get off of it before I just totally lose control. My plan is to join some friends at Weight Watchers to lose or at least keep the weight off thru the summer and perhaps do IP again in the fall. Ideally I'll continue to lose on Weight Watchers! My coaches have said I have to do at least two weeks of Phase 2 and then two weeks of Phase 3 before I can move into maintenance. I believe them and so far they've been right, but I so desperately just want to be done! I also don't want to do anything to compromise my progress thus far! I'm wondering if I can move it along faster myself. I have a number of packets left and am willing to try other brands so that I can do it at my own pace. Any thoughts or suggestions that anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks!
I am in the same place as you--having been on IP since Janurary and I have been told the same thing that it is imparative that you do phase 2 and 3. They are suppose to be two weeks each. I do not see that much difference between phase 1 and phase 2 so I personally am cutting that down to 1 week--however, I am following phase 3 to the letter because this is where the pancreas is getting kicked back into gear and I understand the reasoning behind this phase of only producing the surge in insulin once a day, early in the day. Please continue to post how this goes for you---I will be starting phase 3 on June 4.
beyourbestinidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #201  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Beyourbest-
Thank you for the response! Sounds like we are totally on the same page! I too am going to do Phase 2 for a week then start Phase 3 next Friday when I start Weight Watchers and see if I can't incorporate the two. If not then it will at least keep me going and will give me a place to weigh in since I'm just kind of quitting my clinic. I will let you know how it goes! I do agree though about following Phase 3 exactly as written.
Also, my coach told me the reason for Phase 2 is to get your body used to digesting more "real" protein as it's harder to digest than the protein isolate used in IP products.

Last edited by ritiki19; 05-20-2010 at 02:48 PM.
ritiki19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

Motiv8edmama~ I have used the EAS Advantage Carb Control shakes also. I went to GNC the other day and the worker said that the ones I was drinking were not supposed to be meal replacements they were only for like pre/post workout...Now I am confused. . He suggested a protein meal shake. I am new to all of this but I want to start IP but with cheaper products. I am trying to find a good protein meal replacement shake Any ideas? Someone please help me.

Last edited by mickletoe; 05-20-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typed wrong name
mickletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Mickletoe... are you in an area that has access to a Dr. Bernsteins clinic? If you are they sale the EXACT same ready to drink chocolate and also vanilla shake that IP sells. Same ingredients, same package, even same straw In Canada, I pay $16.00 for 6 premade drinks versus $29-$32 from IP. You do not have to sign up with them or anything, I just walk in ask for the shakes and pay for them.
They also have the EXACT same "Caramel Delight" bars that IP has, although that is a restricted item for once you are 2 weeks in. They are $12 for 7 bars versus $27 -$29 for 7 bars thru IP. Again this is just in Canada, not sure how it works for the US, but I can't imagine it would be too different.
Don't know if that is what you were looking for, but I thought it wouldn't hurt
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

I do not believe there is one of those around here. I am from Illinois
mickletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #205  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Do you have 3 EAS shakes a day? When did you start and what's your average weekly loss? I have been using lindora products and found out the only ones I like are the one's with aspartame and I'm not willing to buy those. Even those are still kinda gross to me. I'm having a hard time with the texture of everything. I did lose 15 lbs the first 2 weeks using the packets w/o aspartame. But now on the 3rd wk, using products with aspartame I haven't lost any so I'm beginning to think it might be the aspartame.
I got some EAS shakes and liked them so now I'm considering switching to only those shakes. I'm glad to find someone on here who is using only EAS. Are you doing any kind of exercise also? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to get as much info as I can before buying any more stuff.
I started at the end of February and am not exactly sure about the average as I have misplaced my journal that I kept the first month or so. I would say it is between two and three pounds a week. I do not use them three times a day all the time as sometimes I forget to have my third. I do go see a personal trainer a few times a week and have been doing that for over a year now so was not going to quit that. I do muscle training and cardio. I probably could loose more, but my trainer wanted me to have some small amounts of fruit on the days I work out so I could have some good carbs to burn during my workout. I figure he knows what he is talking about and I trust him so I go with it. Be it right or wrong, I'm loosing and don't mind the slower pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickletoe View Post
Motiv8edmama~ I have used the EAS Advantage Carb Control shakes also. I went to GNC the other day and the worker said that the ones I was drinking were not supposed to be meal replacements they were only for like pre/post workout...Now I am confused. . He suggested a protein meal shake. I am new to all of this but I want to start IP but with cheaper products. I am trying to find a good protein meal replacement shake Any ideas? Someone please help me.
If you look at the alternatives to IP sticky you will find a post that has alternate products listed and the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Shake is a good comparison to the high quality protein found in the IP shakes. I would look close at what the person at GNC is recommending for a meal as it may be higher in carbs that what IP, Lindora, EAS or some other products would offer. I wonder if the person at GNC would look at the nutritional value in the IP shake and say the same thing. Good luck, there is a lot of information and products to research but I have used EAS shakes in the past when I had surgery and wanted to have some healthy liquid protein and knew I liked it so I just went for it when I read on here that it had a good protein blend.

On a side note, if the rule is i before e except after c, why is protein spelled the way it is...just saying. (yes I do suffer from OCD, thank you very much!)
Old 05-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #206  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Hey everybody! I am back after a long hiatus from the boards!! Still on Ideal Protein, but life just has a way of getting in the way of me getting on here in one way or another!
Just curious if anyone has heard of the Bariatrix Nutrition Inc. They offer a similar product that is equivelant to IP. A local chiro is offering this in his clinic. Is cheaper, has less sugar count, less carbs, more protein etc etc.
Any thoughts or idea's?
Mystical Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Hey everybody! I am back after a long hiatus from the boards!! Still on Ideal Protein, but life just has a way of getting in the way of me getting on here in one way or another!
Just curious if anyone has heard of the Bariatrix Nutrition Inc. They offer a similar product that is equivelant to IP. A local chiro is offering this in his clinic. Is cheaper, has less sugar count, less carbs, more protein etc etc.
Any thoughts or idea's?

Hmmm. Sounds intriguing!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #208  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
On a side note, if the rule is i before e except after c, why is protein spelled the way it is...just saying. (yes I do suffer from OCD, thank you very much!)
Just in case you were REALLY curious...

"I before E, except after C"
the rule, a mnemonic taught as early as 1866 and stopped by the British Governement in 2009, was, in its short form as above, has many alternate endings to try to accommodate for the many exceptions to the rule which exist. One such ending was “I before E except after C or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh”. Some of the common exceptions are noted below:
species, science, sufficient, ancient, society (where ie follows c) or seize, weird, theism, weight, protein, sovereignty, foreign, vein, feisty, kaleidoscope, being, and neighbour "their" (where ei is not preceded by c).
The most frequent everyday failures of this version include weird, weir, seize, caffeine, protein (was originally pronounced as “I” in the word (tin), and, for those who pronounce the initial vowel sound [iː], either and neither. Many words have ei not preceded by c:
Chemical names ending in -ein or -eine (caffeine, casein, codeine, phenolphthalein, phthalein, protein, etc.)
abseil, beige, cleidoic, deign, dreidel, eight, feign, feint, freight, geisha, gleization, gneiss, greige, greisen, heigh-ho*, heinous*, inveigh, inveigle*, neigh, neighbo(u)r, obeisance*, peignoir*, reign, rein, seiche, seidel, seine, sheikh*, skein, sleigh, surveillance, veil, vein, weigh.
heir, their.
either*, heinous*, inveigle*, keister, leisure*, monteith, neither*, obeisance*, seize, seizin, sheikh*, teiid
der, either*, einsteinium, feisty, heigh-ho*, height, heist, kaleidoscope, leitmotiv, neither*, Rotweiller, seismic, seismograph, stein, zeitgeist.
weird
counterfeit, foreign, forfeit, reveille*, sovereign, surfeit
heifer, leisure*, peignoir*.
albeit, atheism, deify, deity, herein, onomatopoeia
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Just in case you were REALLY curious...

"I before E, except after C"
the rule, a mnemonic taught as early as 1866 and stopped by the British Governement in 2009, was, in its short form as above, has many alternate endings to try to accommodate for the many exceptions to the rule which exist. One such ending was “I before E except after C or when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh”. Some of the common exceptions are noted below:
species, science, sufficient, ancient, society (where ie follows c) or seize, weird, theism, weight, protein, sovereignty, foreign, vein, feisty, kaleidoscope, being, and neighbour "their" (where ei is not preceded by c).
The most frequent everyday failures of this version include weird, weir, seize, caffeine, protein (was originally pronounced as “I” in the word (tin), and, for those who pronounce the initial vowel sound [iː], either and neither. Many words have ei not preceded by c:
Chemical names ending in -ein or -eine (caffeine, casein, codeine, phenolphthalein, phthalein, protein, etc.)
abseil, beige, cleidoic, deign, dreidel, eight, feign, feint, freight, geisha, gleization, gneiss, greige, greisen, heigh-ho*, heinous*, inveigh, inveigle*, neigh, neighbo(u)r, obeisance*, peignoir*, reign, rein, seiche, seidel, seine, sheikh*, skein, sleigh, surveillance, veil, vein, weigh.
heir, their.
either*, heinous*, inveigle*, keister, leisure*, monteith, neither*, obeisance*, seize, seizin, sheikh*, teiid
der, either*, einsteinium, feisty, heigh-ho*, height, heist, kaleidoscope, leitmotiv, neither*, Rotweiller, seismic, seismograph, stein, zeitgeist.
weird
counterfeit, foreign, forfeit, reveille*, sovereign, surfeit
heifer, leisure*, peignoir*.
albeit, atheism, deify, deity, herein, onomatopoeia

Oh my goodness...you so made me laugh out loud!! You are so amazing at research! I guess that the spelling is not so odd after all. I am always curious about funny little things like that.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:46 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

IS anyone using Jay Robb protein shakes, as a replacement for IP? If so what are the results?
FTLMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote