3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - March 29th - April 4th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/197928-ip-chat-march-29th-april-4th.html)

ChelleFL 03-30-2010 08:38 PM

I forgot who posted it, but does anyone remember how to do the zuccini chips? I remember that you dip them in egg whites and season them, but I don't remember how you cook them.

babs181 03-30-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelleFL (Post 3225361)
I forgot who posted it, but does anyone remember how to do the zuccini chips? I remember that you dip them in egg whites and season them, but I don't remember how you cook them.

Whoever posted, please share, that sounds awesome!!

brocola 03-30-2010 09:15 PM

Hi! Glad to have found this chat. I'm on Day 12 of Ideal Protein. I'm getting better about the veggies (Like I realized I liked shredded cabbage mixed w reg salad to give it crunch), but am having a really hard time w lack of energy. I have not cheated once, so I'm not sure why Ketosis hasn't set in? I've lost 6lbs so far. My coach said I'm the only person she's seen who
is tired on this diet. OK, whatever. I just want it to work! :dizzy:

I'm planning to follow it for a month, maybe 6 weeks. How long is everyone else planning on staying on Stage 1?

Just want to feel well!!

brocola 03-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerMomof3 (Post 3223704)
Hello, All. I went for my third week WI today and I'm only down 1.5 pounds. In the past 3 three weeks, I've only lost 2 inches altogether. Does this mean that all of weight loss (15 lbs) has been water weight? I was hoping to at least lose 2 pounds last week, and I have to admit that I'm kind of down in the dumps about it. I know I should be grateful for what I have lost, but I'm confused as to why I'm not losing the inches that so many others are. Up until now, I haven't done any exercise. Would adding exercise help me or hinder me at this point? It blows my mind that I can be so diligent with my diet and not have a bigger loss. . . am I just being a big whiner? Feel free to give me your two cents worth. . . I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions. :?:

I know! I feel like it's unfair. I'm trying so hard! First week I lost 5lbs, this week so far only 1! WHy isn't it just falling off?? I should rejoice, this is the first time in two years that a diet has let me lose anything! But I'm greedy..I'll stick with it if you do:goodvibes

HopefulTricia 03-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3225409)
Hi! Glad to have found this chat. I'm on Day 12 of Ideal Protein. I'm getting better about the veggies (Like I realized I liked shredded cabbage mixed w reg salad to give it crunch), but am having a really hard time w lack of energy. I have not cheated once, so I'm not sure why Ketosis hasn't set in? I've lost 6lbs so far. My coach said I'm the only person she's seen who

I'm planning to follow it for a month, maybe 6 weeks. How long is everyone else planning on staying on Stage 1?

Just want to feel well!!

Brocola-Many of us have been tired on this diet. I am really surprised your coach isn't aware that lack of energy is pretty common, especially in the beginning weeks of the diet. You need to just push through it and know it will get easier as your body adjusts. Some dieters are trying two potassiums for a few days too. Or two every other day. My doctor suggested 4 IP's on the days I had low energy. I have only done that 2 times and considered eating one extra IP better than what my snack would have been-- cookies, chips, chocolate-- well, you know. You are lucky to not have a whole lot of weight to lose. (I am planning to be on this about 3 more months.) You can do it! Good Luck!:goodluck::goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:good luck:

stacerp 03-30-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3225409)

Just want to feel well!!

Welcome! I was told to stay on Phase 1 until I hit 90% of my goal weight.

Tired? Eating your sea salt every day? Drinking your water? Eating all your veggies (4 cups per day plus your salad). Just some thoughts that I'm sure your coach has already covered with you. Others on this thread will have more ideas, I'm sure. We have a great group of people here!

jordanna 03-30-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassykimann (Post 3225229)
Hi all

Jordanna....Huge congrats! That's awesome.

Joshb..you are a huge inspiration.

Mystic..you look fabulous!

As for me I am down 29 pounds this month and today we did inches and Im down 19 inches for the month. My goal of being a smoking hot bride is in my reach. woohoo!:carrot:

WOOHOO congrats on the loss Sassy!! You're doing AMAZING!!

LJHA 03-30-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3224306)
Thank you Birman for helping me figure out how to upload pics! So anyhow, here goes! These are photo's of me taken at the beginning of my journey and again in March - 40 lbs lighter! Hope the link works!

WOW!!!!! Way to go!!

brocola 03-30-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3225427)
Brocola-Many of us have been tired on this diet. I am really surprised your coach isn't aware that lack of energy is pretty common, especially in the beginning weeks of the diet. You need to just push through it and know it will get easier as your body adjusts. Some dieters are trying two potassiums for a few days too. Or two every other day. My doctor suggested 4 IP's on the days I had low energy. I have only done that 2 times and considered eating one extra IP better than what my snack would have been-- cookies, chips, chocolate-- well, you know. You are lucky to not have a whole lot of weight to lose. (I am planning to be on this about 3 more months.) You can do it! Good Luck!:goodluck::goodscale:goodscale:goodscale:good luck:

I am so happy to read that people are tired, moody, have neck cramps! I mean I was seriously starting to think I was crazy! My coach said I could eat an extra protein, but I really couldn't afford the food I bought, and don't want to run out before the month is over. I saw someone post that there is a way to 'jump start' ketosis? Will do some research. Thank goodness I found this site!!

Birman 03-30-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocola (Post 3225471)
My coach said I could eat an extra protein, but I really couldn't afford the food I bought, and don't want to run out before the month is over.

Brocola, the protein doesn't have to be an IP packet. You can eat an egg. Or, for less fat you can have a protein isolate shake.

Birman 03-30-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

No matter what keep taking the IP products because they are mix correctly so that your body taps into the fat stores as a source of energy.
I would think any high quality, complete, low carb, low fat protein would be a "correct mix" for this diet. Does anyone have any facts to the contrary?

yinyang 03-30-2010 10:27 PM

Jordanna- I forgot to tell you CONGRATS!!! for the loss. You are like the Energizer bunny, you just keep going!! :dizzy:

kdubya 03-30-2010 10:48 PM

I have been so excited about starting IP, but now I don't think I will be able to. It is just too expensive and I can't fit it into my budget. Has anyone tried it on their own w/o having a coach and buying their food? Are there any alternative foods that are less expensive but produce the same results? I have the Phase I protocol, so I know exactly how/what they tell you to eat. I just don't think I can afford to do it. Any help? I REALLY need to get this weight off, and I just knew IP was going to be my answer :(

jordanna 03-30-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3225522)
Jordanna- I forgot to tell you CONGRATS!!! for the loss. You are like the Energizer bunny, you just keep going!! :dizzy:

LOL - thanks :)

Hopefully I can keep going and going until the middle of June - I want to get below 200 before the summer and I'm giving myself until June 18th (which will mean 5 months straight on program with no breaks).

fluffymama 03-30-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3225090)
Well I finally got my butt in to the 220's - it felt like it took forever.

This is significant for me because I started dating my husband when I was in the 220's and I think deep down I felt like I was letting him down....it's not how HE feels, but it's how I feel he feels...

Plus - I'm only 7 lbs away from weighing less than him!

awesome job Jordanna! I'm so happy for you!!!:hug: