3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - March 29th - April 4th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/197928-ip-chat-march-29th-april-4th.html)

babs181 03-30-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3223964)
what do you do with the caramel? I mean, what do you use it on, or with?

right now, I just mix it in the cappuccino drink or have a little spoonful if I'm craving sweets. I should be getting my IP order with pudding and the chocolate drink tomorrow, so I'm planning on making the pudding and freezing it, kind of like ice cream and then making a little sunday with some wf caramel and wf strawberry pancake syrup, yummy!!

ChelleFL 03-30-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshb (Post 3224060)
It sucks finding out that Cauliflower and Broccoli have higher carbs..Maybe having those on the same day as a restricted isnt a good idea..I wonder if Bok Choy chopped up, with melted soy cheese would be good =o

Try green cauliflower. It is 3.9g of carbs for 1 cup as opposed to 5.3g for regular cauliflower, and I think it tastes much better.

ChelleFL 03-30-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3223964)
what do you do with the caramel? I mean, what do you use it on, or with?

I make the chocolate muffins and put the WF's caramel, marshmellow or the chocolate in the middle before I bake them. They also taste good spread on top because they take away that nasty after taste the muffins have. I make 4 muffins, but only eat 2/day.

LNC 03-30-2010 09:14 AM

Intro! I heard about Ideal protein from my father in law. I couldn't afford all the packets from them, so I'm using diet direct. Here is my schedule and weight loss. How do you think I'm doing? I would like to see 20 lb. a month but not sure it's possible. I took a week off for vacation and will take another week off in June.
Breakfast:
Egg whites with IP approved veggies
Lunch:
Wonderslim Chili packet
Afternoon:
Chicken or fish with lettuce and IP approved veggies
Around 7pm:
Wonderslim pudding

I drink a ton of water. I also take a lot of supplements and medications for MS. I am very inactive but hope to start exercising lightly when some more weight is off!

2/8 Starting - 260 I'm 5'8"
2/15 256 -4
2/22 250 -6
3/16 247 - 3
3/23 245 -2
3/30 241 - 4

Mystical Mamma 03-30-2010 09:36 AM

January - March progress pics

Thank you Birman for helping me figure out how to upload pics! So anyhow, here goes! These are photo's of me taken at the beginning of my journey and again in March - 40 lbs lighter! Hope the link works!

http://picasaweb.google.com/10237881...uringAndAfter#

BevS 03-30-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3224306)
Thank you Birman for helping me figure out how to upload pics! So anyhow, here goes! These are photo's of me taken at the beginning of my journey and again in March - 40 lbs lighter! Hope the link works!

http://picasaweb.google.com/10237881...uringAndAfter#

What a difference! You are looking great! :bravo:

Hockey Mom23 03-30-2010 10:17 AM

Mystical Mamma, you look Wonderful! :hug: Congratulations to you!!

OK people, I eat cauliflower and or broccoli every day. I'm still losing. I eat a restricted item almost every day, and I'm still losing. Maybe I'm just lucky (or I have plenty to lose. :?:).

The way I see it, no one ever got fat from eating veggies. I know on this diet it's extremely important to stay in ketosis and I never eat any off-limits veggies, but there are so few on the approved list I like that I figure what the heck, I'm just going to eat the ones I like and if it slows my weight loss, so be it. I just need to do what I have to do make it through one day at a time.

I weigh in in two hours. :D I have my annual physical on Thursday. I'm actually looking forward to it. HA! Have a great day everyone!

Chaplains wifey 03-30-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNC (Post 3224271)
Intro! I heard about Ideal protein from my father in law. I couldn't afford all the packets from them, so I'm using diet direct. Here is my schedule and weight loss. How do you think I'm doing? I would like to see 20 lb. a month but not sure it's possible. I took a week off for vacation and will take another week off in June.
Breakfast:
Egg whites with IP approved veggies
Lunch:
Wonderslim Chili packet
Afternoon:
Chicken or fish with lettuce and IP approved veggies
Around 7pm:
Wonderslim pudding

I drink a ton of water. I also take a lot of supplements and medications for MS. I am very inactive but hope to start exercising lightly when some more weight is off!

2/8 Starting - 260 I'm 5'8"
2/15 256 -4
2/22 250 -6
3/16 247 - 3
3/23 245 -2
3/30 241 - 4

I think your doing great ! Keep up the good work !

Vicjul 03-30-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3224185)
Allergy is involved in around 80% of all health problems, and in addition to dairy, allergy to chocolate, MSG, wheat, corn, soy, coffee, wine, alcohol, cigarettes and other high allergy and toxic substances are a common cause of fibromyalgia, neck and back stiffness and pain. In some ways, you can view allergy, especially food allergy, as just another toxic insult to the neck, back and joints.

A few years ago an acupuncturist told me I was allergic to soy.(Didn't know whether I should believe her or not.) And I have read that a lot of soy might not be good for those of us with hypothyroidism. Of course I had those concerns when I began IP but I just hoped I would be fine.
Now what?? 6 plus weeks in. Everything is going well except I have the stiffest neck-- on the right side. And still pretty low energy. Please do not tell me I can't do this diet anymore. Please. Guess it's time to see the doc.

Thanks for the update HopefulTricia

Kelsey 03-30-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles (Post 3223783)
Kelsey - That sounds ok to me. I have been eating mustard with whole seeds in it. I've always loved mustard though. Hot Mustard is on the sheet as an allowed spice. And the phase 1 sheet also says that if you want to eat something that's not listed, it has to be 0 carb, 0 fat, and 0 sugar. Going by that, the mustard you have is fine, as long as it doesn't have any fat. The ingredient list sounds fine. :)

Yep. I IMd my go to person (she's the one who got me started, she's down 40 lbs in 7-8 weeks). She said yes to my mustard. So I had a 5 oz burger on grill w mustard, cucs all wrapped up in Romaine! Yum! Thanks so much for getting back w me!

yinyang 03-30-2010 11:14 AM

MysticalMamma- Love your pics and you sure can see a major difference. Great motivation.

Congrats to all the "losers"!

About the Miracle Noodles. Do your coaches tell you that it is okay to have those. I got my order yesterday and the packages date expiration is mid June. Contacted the company, as they are supposed to last 4 months in the fridge or 2 months on the shelf. The response from the company was that they would last about 6 months in the fridge. When they get old, they just turn to powder and are not usable. I don't know exactly what to do with them.

CinnamonSparkles 03-30-2010 11:22 AM

Novak - about the goal weight: I wasn't sure how to decide on my goal either. And you know they are NO HELP at our clinic!

I put down the weight that I was in 2007-2008 as my goal weight. At that time, I was on the "divorce diet" (LOL my hubby left me and we got divorced- major lifestyle change right there) and I started taking thyroid meds for hyptohyroidism and my weight went down to 138. It was the lowest I have been in my adult life. On my DC driver's license, it listed the weight, which I wrote down as 135 even though I was more like 150-155 at the time (2004-2006)! Luckily the VA licenses do NOT list the weight. Whew! Once my sister looked at my DC license and said, 135 really!?! She was so happy for me and proud. :D And then I had to tell her that I lied. LOL! :lol3: She is 5'10" so she's knows that for a 5'7" person 135 is pretty low (for a medium build). I really wish that someone would have sat down with us (maybe the nutritionist who gave the IP seminar) and gone over our medical history and actually done some analysis and asked us more questions to determine what a reasonable goal weight would be. My BMI is 21 now so I'm happy with that. When I'm done IP, I'm going to start exercising again and then my goal is to tone up and stay the same size in clothing as I am now (or smaller wouldn't hurt but I'm not expecting that). My weight loss really leveled off once I hit around 135 so I think that this is the weight I'm supposed to be. That's the goal I have in my head. Luckily I didn't tell the clinic 135 because I almost went past my 138 goal before they let me go on Phase 2! Make sure you keep track of it and be really forceful and tell them you are going on phase 2 when you get there. It's another 4 weeks for phase 2 and 3 and well, it's not cheap! Sometimes I think they are just out to make money.

Any other thoughts on how you picked your goal weight everyone?

HockeyMom23 - You are absoutely right about the veggies! Just eat them and be done with it. :D You are losing so keep doing what you're doing! Good luck on your wiegh in! :goodluck:
Here's how it will go: :goodscale: :hug: :D :yay:

CinnamonSparkles 03-30-2010 11:32 AM

deinekatze -
Quote:

@MuayThaiGoddess

How are you doing with your mood swings? I have GREAT news for you. I talked to an ex co-worker of mine who has and is working with a nutritionist since FOREVER (as in working for him) and he is also a great resource for me. Don't know if you remember my post from the previous week when I was on your boat with that and cried and everything... here is the thing, we may actually not have been consuming enough fats! He suggested to increase my dosage of the Omega 3, or flax seed or Olive oil... what happens is your brain is mostly fat and you do need it (I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought lol) Once I went up a bit on that I am a happy camper again!!!

If you are still struggling with it ask your doctor but it may be something as simple as that! Not too much but we are all created differently so you may need to tweak it a little to where it is a good fit for you...Let me tell you, I did and I am STILL losing weight!!! I know I am not supposed to weigh myself every day but I did just to see how it affected me... No joke, about a pound a day!
Thank you for the research and advice! I am going to take an extra Omega 3 and make sure I get my full 2 tsp of olive oil today (or a tad more as you suggested). I'm with you and MuayThaiGoddess on the moody boat and I'm sorry you were crying! :hug: Glad you are a happy camper once again! :D And you are losing a POUND A DAY! That is fantastic!! Wooohoooo! You go girl! :cp: :dancer: :sunny: :broc: :sunny:

Vicjul 03-30-2010 11:33 AM

Thankfully my coach said I can start phase II whenever I get to the weight that I feel and look good. She said because I weight train I might be able to stop higher weight and be happy with the way I look.

HopefulTricia 03-30-2010 11:54 AM

Babs181 - for the sugar addicts on this site, wow does your idea ever sound good.Yum. I have the WF carmel, chocolate sauce and fruit syrups. Can't figure out anywhere to use them. Why doesn't someone make an ice cream that is 000? But I am trying your suggestion. Frozen vanilla pudding. Thanks.