3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/191856-ideal-protein-diet-chat-week-january-22-a.html)

alihal 01-27-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBonaMission (Post 3120042)
Hi alihal,
I see you're located in Dover,NJ - I'm from Rockaway and have been contemplating to start the diet. If you don't mind sharing, where's the place that you go to?
I must admit I'm a bit affraid to start...
Has anyone experienced any side effects? how did you deal with them?

There is a tanning place in Byram that does it, that is where I go. It is on rt206, very easy to get to (not sure if you are familiar with that area though). But tonight there is a seminar on it at my gym and you do not have to be a member to go. Since you live in Rockaway this is probably right up your alley because it is at Fitness factory on 46. If you decide you want to go to the free seminar you may want to call first and see if they have any spots open. I personally have not had any side effects (except missing all those bad carbs, lol) and I have been on the program for 1 week.

Ogdog13 01-27-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3120237)
Seriously - I'm new (only a week and a half in), and I went all the way back to October (I think!) and read everything and it answered every one of my questions and more :)

And I don't think it's harsh Ogdog - I'm sure you all get tired of answering the same questions over and over :)

Thanks for the reassurance Jordanna!!

alihal 01-27-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrdie09 (Post 3120063)
Thank you!! I am sure you will be surpised.. Believe me I was! Definitely keep me updated on how you do! I loved your tequilla shot comment.. You're a girl after my own heart! haha The girls in my town have this one night a month called Whine and Wine.. We all get together and drink wine and WHINE!.. Its tonight. I have class anyway but I figured I better skip it because it is just too tempting.. One day!!! :dizzy:

The wine and whine sounds great, lol!! I bet it is alot of fun, but I think you are right to skip it. There would be just too much temptation, at least for me! hahaha

LevelheadedGirl 01-27-2010 02:17 PM

thought i would throw my 2 cents in on the walden farms products

Chocolate Sauce - Gross...has this sour/chemical taste to it that i can't get past. The only thing i found it good for was mixing a tablespoon into the chocolate pancake mix to make it more chocolatier (is that a word? lol)

Ranch dressing - double gross! it is way too sweet, again it has this chemical taste to it.

Italian dressing - so so, would do in a pinch but not great

Creamy bacon dressing - Love it! well, as much as one can love calorie/carb/fat free dressing. My favorite dish is ground beef on a bed of braised cabbage with the bacon dressing drizzled on top. The taste is remniscent of cabbage rolls.

Whoever paid $7 for a bottle - that is way to much! 3.99 is about where it should be, like someone mentioned it is available on netrition.com

LevelheadedGirl 01-27-2010 02:19 PM

oh and about the ketchup. I havent tried WF, but i'm in canada and superstore (loblaws in the USA?) has a blue menu ketchup that is 5 cal, 0 carbs. I use it now and then and it is quite good! my boyfriend is a ketchup lover and he uses loads of it, doesnt notice much of a difference between that and regular ketchup. I think heinz also has one with similar nutritional info.

LevelheadedGirl 01-27-2010 02:24 PM

oh and regarding the gum, I have a different take on why it's not allowed on the protocol. I was told it is mostly not to do with the nutritional content (maybe 1 carb and some aspartame) but more related to our body's reaction to chewing gum. The very first trigger for our digestion is the motion of chewing. It builds up saliva production and gives signals to the stomach that it's going to be getting food which sends hunger signals to the brain. So, if anyone has been having hunger issues and is chewing gum, the gum might be the culprit.

njbraz 01-27-2010 03:26 PM

Okay, here goes...I am a newbie. I started on the diet Jan 18 and lost 5.7 lbs the first week. It was killer for me though. I was hungry, especially in the morning. I went through the headache thing and was light headed for a couple days, but am glad to report that on day 10 I am feeling pretty chipper. I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks. Thanks to you all for the great receipe ideas and general information. I love the turnip fries! I am in this one for the duration. I haven't necessarily fought with weight my whole life, but since hitting menopause I have gained 20+ lbs in two years. Did I mention I have only been married 2 years....! My husband has been a champ through all of this. He is super supportive and that helps give me a lift when I need it. So, hello to my new family and best of luck to all of us on our journey to living life as it should be.....healthy and fabulous!

alihal 01-27-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbraz (Post 3120562)
Okay, here goes...I am a newbie. I started on the diet Jan 18 and lost 5.7 lbs the first week. It was killer for me though. I was hungry, especially in the morning. I went through the headache thing and was light headed for a couple days, but am glad to report that on day 10 I am feeling pretty chipper. I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks. Thanks to you all for the great receipe ideas and general information. I love the turnip fries! I am in this one for the duration. I haven't necessarily fought with weight my whole life, but since hitting menopause I have gained 20+ lbs in two years. Did I mention I have only been married 2 years....! My husband has been a champ through all of this. He is super supportive and that helps give me a lift when I need it. So, hello to my new family and best of luck to all of us on our journey to living life as it should be.....healthy and fabulous!

That's great, what a good first week! I am also a newbie, I started 3 days after you did. I have found this site to be amazing and very helpful as I am sure you will too!!

rachel13 01-27-2010 04:00 PM

Hey everyone! I have a quick question... can we or can we not eat eggs?? Whether they be boiled or scrambled it would sure help me out a lot!

Sandrab 01-27-2010 04:17 PM

you can eat eggs, you can use eggs as a replacement for meat for your social meal. i cook them anyway i prefer, as long as not cooked in fats. i have scrambled them into my soups, fried in nonstick pan, boiled and put on salad etc. but on the handout it should state that 2 eggs is same as 5 oz meat portion. mine does!!

cicibel 01-27-2010 04:53 PM

I have looked back to read all the past messages (at least as long as I could stand to sit) and did not see these questions answered so I hope I didn't miss anything. Anyway here goes... Can you munch on your 2 cups of selected veggies all afternoon or do you have to eat them at lunch? Seems like a silly question but I want to make sure. Also can you use the 2 tsp of olive oil to "fry" up your meat? What spices can you use? Last night I used curry pwd on my chicken and it was great. I know some of the blends have sugar but what about the other spices? Thanks for all the help. You are all greatly appreciated by both my husband (who gets some yummy food on this diet) and myself.

BBonaMission 01-27-2010 05:14 PM

No, not at all. I did read them though, went back several months. My question about the side effects was prompted by the fact that I didn't see many complaints, which is not a bad thing :) I was concerned because I lost my gall bladder to Atkins and my hair was thinning from the liquid diet... so I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.
Going to a consultation tonight :-p... excited, can't wait!

MeghanO 01-27-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagnomore (Post 3113791)
Great job StAlbertPrincess! You will have to let us know what your weigh in says...it will really help you stay motivated as you see the inches melting off.

MeghanO - hang in there..you have been my inspiration...forget about yesterday. By the way, when you did the Ultimate Boot Camp - did you keep your total carbs for the day under 15? If so, what did you eat?

On ultimate Bootcamp week, I had Vanilla Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding & Chicken Soup. For veggies, I had spinach & mushrooms for lunch that I mixed in the the soup. For dinner I had 1 cup spinach, 1/2 c cabbage & 1/2 c mushroom sauted in EVOO. My coach told me to not count the carbs in my romaine lettuce or eggs as she told me to have 150 calories extra in protein daily.

BBonaMission 01-27-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alihal (Post 3120276)
There is a tanning place in Byram that does it, that is where I go. It is on rt206, very easy to get to (not sure if you are familiar with that area though). But tonight there is a seminar on it at my gym and you do not have to be a member to go. Since you live in Rockaway this is probably right up your alley because it is at Fitness factory on 46. If you decide you want to go to the free seminar you may want to call first and see if they have any spots open. I personally have not had any side effects (except missing all those bad carbs, lol) and I have been on the program for 1 week.

YAY! I am going to the seminar tonight. I can't wait. Will let you know how it went. Thank you so much!

BBonaMission 01-27-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3120062)
Newbies, sorry if this comes of harsh, I'm not meaning it to. If you take the time to go through the older posts, ALL your questions WILL be answered. And, it is VERY informative, especially since the people currently on mainly consists of newbies. Again, sorry if it comes of harsh!!

No, not at all. I did read them though, went back several months. My question about the side effects was prompted by the fact that I didn't see many complaints, which is not a bad thing I was concerned because I lost my gall bladder to Atkins and my hair was thinning from the liquid diet... so I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.
Going to a consultation tonight :-p... excited, can't wait!