Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Showgirlaz: You have such dertermination! I admire that! Rock on ~ it is working for you! My coach lets us have one restricted item a day....hmmm. I don't always have them, I usually do it every two days.
You are right, warm drinks satiate the appitite. I drink decaf. green tea. I have trouble eating a full salad at night so I eat cucumber stix w/ a little sea salt on them. Lots of zuchini and mushrooms (garlic and dill added).

I had ambilical hernia surgery and I am shocked at how sore I still am (I had 2 c-sections that hurt less!) But it is in my core and you can't move w/out using those muscles! I am not used to not being able yo get around and go to work. But I don't want to go through this again so I am following Dr.'s orders!

jordana: I was skeptical until I weighed in the 3rd week~down 10 lbs. I hope to have lost another 5 when I weigh in Sunday. My husband has noticed that I lost many inches...my coach didn't do my inches and I didn't think of it until too late but I can feel it! I really do feel good...lighter ya' know?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #17  

I'm really excited for my first weigh in (on Monday). I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs before my birthday (March 15th) so I think I'm going to try and eat only the non-restricted IP foods to help me get there. I don't know if I can eat only the select vegetables but I'm going to try!

My coach took my measurements so I'm looking forward to seeing the results of that too. I also took some before pictures (front, side & face) to help me see my progress. That's what will keep me motivated, is quick, noticeable results...which is what this program seems to achieve
Old 01-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #18  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I have been on the program since November 19th, 2009 so, just over 2 months!! I have a really great supportive coach! He is strict but he checks in with me all the time! During the first month I heard from him at least once a day. Now I hear from him every other day! He did this and in 67 days lost 65 pounds. His development manager did the program and lost 85 pounds in 90 days. I have some really great people to learn from and help support me in this journey!!

On facebook, there is a girl in the ideal protein tips and experiences group that has lost 62 pounds in 12 weeks. She is amazing!!

BELIEVE ME!! If you follow the program, don't cheat, it gets easier and you will lose as much as your body can handle losing AND feel great doing it!! YOU WILL BE "THAT" SUCCESSFUL!

Holy cow your coaches totals are amazing......Did he follow the plan exactly the way he's coaching you to do it? We all need to know his secret. I feel like a real slacker now with my 13 wks-35 pounds I guess I really need to step up my game!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #19  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Quote:
Yes! I only eat the non restricted and non occasional foods. I try not too eat too many things that can slow the thyroid down because, when I began this, I had been told I was subhypothyroid. That means I watch how much cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower I am eating too!
Do you measure everything 5oz. meat and 4 cups veggies daily? What supplements do you take? Sorry for all the questions but your coach is my new hero!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #20  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

A question for showgirlaz: what does your coach say for workouts? I have a business partner that is also doing IP - he is losing it seems quicker than me and always is eating more protein than each stage. I am happy with the results but I think he is pacifying me by not moving to stage 3 until I am there too. I am also thinking of doing the Ultimate Bootcamp I read about in the last thread. Currently I do a bar each day and maybe I need to cut those out for a bit. Any suggestions? I too started the week prior to Thanksgiving - with about 8 weeks done.

Last edited by wagnomore; 01-23-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: adding my start date
Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

@ jtvan: Thank you *blushing* I have never felt like this before. I have done diets.. several including other low carbs and I have not EVER felt this mentally and physically capable during a program. I give all the credit to this program. If you follow it as written it really does make its self and easy thing! WOW.. I can only imagine how sore you are. Definitely take it easy so you heal well! PS…. it is not too late to start measuring. DO IT! You have plenty of time left and you will be amazed how even on weeks you think you didn’t lose much weight, your inches will move a lot!!

@ Jordana: You can definitely make 25 pounds by your Bday! WE should try and support each other on birthday goals!! I am a march 31st birthday. I am hoping to lose 35 pounds more by then! The non restricted foods are very easy to eat. They do become a little boring because they are mostly green and whites and similar textures. I have started practice no ways to cook and incorporate them into my day. You will see a lot of quick result though if you stick with them for as long as you can.

@ Princass: Yes, my coaches did follow the program exactly the way they have me doing it. In fact in my clinic group there are several people losing and we are all losing 4 to 7 pounds on average. KEEP IN MIND… MEN WILL ALWAYS LOSE MORE THAN WOMEN. Typical loss for women who adhere strictly to this program is 3 to 5 pounds per week average. FOR MEN typical loss is 5 to 7 pounds per week average under the same strict conditions. Yes I do measure (5oz meat 7oz fish). I don’t always need to but if I feel like I am slipping of my “game” I measure. Part of that is the idea of being prepared. If I have all my veggies cut and packaged it makes cooking fast and if I need to go out it is easy to quickly grab something to take with me. I cut up and measure and repack all the meat when I get home from the store so I just have to thaw and cook a ready to go portion of meat. I measure my salt the night before into a inexpensive salt shaker I got at the dollar store. Then the next day I make sure I get in all my salt from that jar even if I end up drinking salt water before bed. I keep a daily food journal. Not because it is complex what we eat but because I record how I felt and what my body was doing in response to the day or days before. I also note what meats, how much, what veggies, how much, how all were prepared, and what spices I used. This helps me learn what I digest poorly. FOR INSTANCE, I have a hard time with the fennel and leeks. I slowed down every time I ate them HOWEVER, I lose extra any time I have fish! YUM!

MY SUPPLEMENTS! LOL.. here comes a list for you! Most of them I was taking before switching to this. I will tell you what I take and why. Some if these shouldn’t be taken by everyone and BY NO MEANS am I suggesting you use them without talking to a nutritionist or your doctor or counselor. I completely believe in nutrition as a key to health but even the “safest” vitamin or mineral can have negative impact if you don’t need it!

Aloe vera juice (stomach formula): I was having acid stomach and some digestion issues

Natural Source Essential Enzymes: I wasn’t digesting veggies and fats well before the program started

Mega Flora Probiotics : Using them for about 5 years. They aid digestion & absorption

Udo’s Oil or Barlean’s Twin Omega: Both are omega 3 6 9 blends that aid in digestion, metabolic processes, skin healthy, and help some with digestion, inflammation, pms, bloating, hair/nails.

REAL salt: A natural sea salt with real trace minerals and Iodide

Braggs Liquid Amino Acids: ese are essential to body functions using protein building blocks.. too many benefits to name but you can research benefits of liquid aminos. They taste like soy sauce so, I use them instead of it.

Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar: I use it for salad dressing. A lot of health benefits and it alkalizes in the body.

Ideal Protein Multi vitamin
Ideal Protein Potassium
Ideal Protein Cal-mag

Concentrace trace mineral: I am taking these for added energy and because my bloodwork having a few deficiencies.

Liquid Iodide: Taking for hypothyroid Iodide deficiency

Selenium: Taking for hypothyroid selenium deficiency
Melatonin: I take this at night to help me sleep. It also helps with the reduced carb intake as melatonin is essential in the serotonin process and in reducing cotisol levels. It can help some with managing reduced carbs and low serotonin, and depression.

Magnesium citrate: As needed if constipation occurs.

HERBS/SPICES: I use alot of cinnamon, garlic, ginger. cinnamon helps with controlling blood sugars per the diabetes association and the other two help with pancreatic cleansing.

Inulin/chromium picolinate: I use this to help with controlling sugar cravings. I acutally found a stevia by NOW that has these incorporated in so, when I sweeten my tea I get the added boost!

The only secrets of Mike and Derek were: make no allowances, no cheats. Stay away from restricted foods as long as you can. Get in the salt, multi vitamin, potassium, cal-mag as written every day. Get in your oil at least 2tsp a day up to 1 tbsp. DRINK LOTS of WATER. PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE. DON”T use occasional veggies until after your first 90 to 100 days. MEASURE your portions of food. DON”T CHEAT. No gum or mints. NO ROOT VEGGIES, NO cooked onions, NO salmon or tuna the first month. No balsamic or red wine vinegar. NO Restricted foodsunitl you have lost 80% or more of the goal you set when you began IP. NO soda. ONLY Splenda or Stevia/truvia/purevia as sweeteners. NO brown sugar splenda. When you do get to having occasional veggies.. only 2 items per week off of the provided list. For restricted foods, only one per day of any except spaghetti and stew which can only be had 2x per week TOTAL NOT EACH. ( Ideal Protein is actually considering making bars 2x per week because it is slowing down weight loss for many of the people who get on them early in the program.) Only brewed tea. NO bottled diet drinks or crystal light, or bottled tea. NO alcohol. No cheese. NO peanut butter. ALL measurements are pre cooking weights. only 7oz or approximately 2 cups of veggies at the lunch and dinner times. (that is per the trantien diet website)

@ Wagnomore: I would say from your numbers you are doing well. It appears you didn’t have as much to lose as I did, overall, and you are losing about 3.75 pounds per week on average which is right on target for the program for women. As I mentioned above, MEN WILL ALWAYS LOSE FASTER. Not a fun fact but a fact none the less! My coach will not allow exercise during the program. He says we are taking in too few calories (800 to 1100) and the program is muscle sparing so, we should focus on healing and reseting the body not the exercise. Light toning is ok. Easy walking is ok. BUT NO major cardio or strength/resistance training. I trust him on this. He was a professional wrestler and a personal trainer for many years. If he says no exercise, I believe him. He will add it back as I reach phase 2. His opinion is do without restricted food if you can. Yes, Even the bars. They use actual sugar in the form of rice syrups and agave syrups. Both are fairly low on the glycemic index and load scales BUT, if your pancreas is still cleansing/resetting it may not be ready to handle them and you may slow yourself down and start craving you can’t control. SO, better safe than sorry, he says do without them as much as you can if you can. If your partner is exercising he will be needing to add extra protein to prevent his body from going into starvation mode and burning up his natural proteins beginning with his muscle. This is critical because, even our heart is made of muscle. So, going into starvation on this diet, and wasting our own muscle, if done for a long time or by someone who doesn’t know they have a heart problem is potentially very dangerous. YOU MUST add protein If you exercise. THAT BEING SAID, I believe it would be important to talk to a coach or a Doctor before adding significant exercise to your diet plan. I haven't done the ultimate boot camp but it seems smart. I would suggest passing it by your coach if you are unsure. It would seem to be very helpful! I can't wait to read about your successes!

I hope that I got everyone’s questions. I know it was long winded. I am very happy to support anyone and share my experiences. I really want to hear more about everyone else’s experiences so far and what they are doing!

Carla

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-23-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom5 View Post
showgirlaz- I love to hear what other coaches say. You have made excellent progress so a BIG CONGRATS!!! I made my "naked wings" but ended up not adding the sauce because they looked so good already! Here's the recipe, I'll also post in the recipe forum!

Naked Boneless Nuggets
Season both sides of some Skinless Boneless chicken strips with garlic powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each piece. Bake 350 for 10 min turn, bake another 10 min.
This sounds great!! Think I know what I will be having for dinner, thanks for this recipe!!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Prinacass, I received my Lindora yeserday. Just finished the chicken noodle soup for breakfast. YUMMY!! Given I'm used to Amy's no-chicken chicken noodle, but I was impressed. Filling too. Only 6 carbs!! I highly recommend it. Btw, they threw in a box of peanut butter chocolate bars, not sure why. Broke down and had one last night (16 carbs...yikes), but it was also pretty yummy. I'm looking forward to trying more of their products...and at those prices, whoohooo.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Prinacass, I received my Lindora yeserday. Just finished the chicken noodle soup for breakfast. YUMMY!! Given I'm used to Amy's no-chicken chicken noodle, but I was impressed. Filling too. Only 6 carbs!! I highly recommend it. Btw, they threw in a box of peanut butter chocolate bars, not sure why. Broke down and had one last night (16 carbs...yikes), but it was also pretty yummy. I'm looking forward to trying more of their products...and at those prices, whoohooo.
Oh good! I put in a large order after comparing the #'s from IP web site and theirs.....I will basically be able to go two weeks on the same amount of $ I was spending in one! Plus I think I get more product! If you look at the comparisons on carbs some of the bars are high in carbs! but I think if you set a goal and have one maybe once a week when you reach it it will be ok!

Thanks for letting us know! I can't wait to get my order! We can compare notes! lol!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #25  

Quote:

@ Jordana: You can definitely make 25 pounds by your Bday! WE should try and support each other on birthday goals!! I am a march 31st birthday. I am hoping to lose 35 pounds more by then! The non restricted foods are very easy to eat. They do become a little boring because they are mostly green and whites and similar textures. I have started practice no ways to cook and incorporate them into my day. You will see a lot of quick result though if you stick with them for as long as you can.
I would definitely like to work on our birthday goals together!! Maybe some of your awesome dedication will rub off on me and I'll lose 35 lbs too

My coach has the same rules as your coach regarding foods, only she says no restricted foods for the first two weeks only. I think I'm going to challenge myself to only eat non-restrictive foods for three months...and then re-evaluate
Old 01-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

WHOOOT!

Just found out my sister in law who is a nurse, works for a dr. that offers Ideal Protein! If she has any inside info or other pointers to pass along, I will share it with you! Now if only a dr. close to me offered it
Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #27  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Showgirlaz...THANK YOU. it's nice to get some other people's perspective. I love the program and am amazed by the results I just can't compare my results to a man. I was gettting to feel guilty for not keeping pace with him and what started as a good "partner" in this program has become distracting. I can only imagine what my weight loss would have been if I would have avoided the restricted in the beginning. I am going to try and start today in that format.

A neat recipe I have done with Tilapia: broil in oven with lemon and grape seed oil with sea salt and cracked pepper. I could actually eat that every day. And 7oz is alot of fish!

Magnesium Citrate - amazing if ur plugged...but go lightly....My partner had a little fun with that....if a little is good alot is better....

Tic Tacs: AVOID...I first thought they were ok until I did some research....plus literally became addicted during to ORANGE ones...

What about lettuce...is it necessary if the 2 cups of veges fill us?

Finally, why is bottled tea bad? Also, if we drink herbal...does the same rules apply about additional fluid?

Thanks all for your insight!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #28  
New Mom-New Diet

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5' 1"

Default I'm new

Hello everyone!
This seems to be the only informative thread I've seen for IP! I'm so happy I found you guys! From what I can see everyone seems to be doing so well-- Congrats to you! So, today I received my food for the week and I will be starting tomorrow. I cannot wait! I don't think i've seen a bad review yet. I am a new mom and i'm looking for a diet that would fit into my schedule. Anything I should know to prepare myself for the first week? I would love to read how it was for everyone!

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #29  

Just getting ready for my day, week one done! phew, things really do get better each day. I lost 8.6 pounds my first week, pretty happy with that, and after reading about everyone else this morning kind of gets me more motivated to stay on track today and this week and see what kind of number I can get for next week. Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #30  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Thanks for the update I'm glad you enjoyed it. Saving any kind of money in this economy is wonderful.
Closed Thread