Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/207/140

Height: 5'41/2"

I will be 50 in January also and quit smoking 2 weeks ago. I'm getting ready to start the TurboJam exercise program and the Cto5K also..... I'm going to the gym and lifting weights but I haven't been consistant before now but I'll be going 3x/week. I really want to get healthy and fit by my 50th b'day. One other question ..... if you don't mind ........ I'm wondering, since our height, age, and weightloss amounts are so close, did you have a problem with loose skin or did the exercise take care of that? Thanks for all your help!
BlueAngel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #47  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel1 View Post
I will be 50 in January also and quit smoking 2 weeks ago. I'm getting ready to start the TurboJam exercise program and the Cto5K also..... I'm going to the gym and lifting weights but I haven't been consistant before now but I'll be going 3x/week. I really want to get healthy and fit by my 50th b'day. One other question ..... if you don't mind ........ I'm wondering, since our height, age, and weightloss amounts are so close, did you have a problem with loose skin or did the exercise take care of that? Thanks for all your help!
Exercise and healthy eating have helped tremendously. But, I do have loose skin. At first, it really bothered me - but - each week it seems like it is slowly tightening up some. Excellent undergarments really help. At this point, the only skin that is still bothering me are my "bat wings". And I'm still hopeful that they will improve with time and continued exercise. And, honestly - they don't bother me too much - I'm wearing sleeveless tops for the first time in YEARS
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #48  
Made of Starstuff

CountingDown,
I just came across this thread. So a belated "Congratulations!" and "Thank you!"

Thank you for posting your story. Seeing you (whom I've seen around the boards frequently) post about making goal is truly wonderful
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #49  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Wow, wow! Such inspiring words! Congratulations on meeting your goal

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #50  
At it again

Congratulations on reaching your goal. The title of your thread caught my eye - Don't Wait, Your Life is Calling. It made me think of how much of my life I've put on hold because of my weight.

You look amazing and your story is really inspiring - thanks for sharing it!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #51  
trishpix

S/C/G: 132/151/130

Height: 5'2"

terrific letter and Gorgeous pics. You said it very well...knowledge is not enough. I need help staying in focus. life keeps sneaking up behind me and throwing me off! I hope it clicks soon!
trishpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #52  
I will do it!!

Height: 5'7"

Just so wonderful. What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy for you!!!
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #53  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

I started out at around 220 (I had not looked at the scale in a LONG time) and now I am down to 195. My weight loss has slowed down and I was getting discouraged. Your photos encouraged me and so did your inspiring story. I will keep going...your story is so much like mine and if you can do it, so can I. I look forward to cross country skiing again and perhaps I will hike a 14r by next summer! Thanks!

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #54  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

congratulations on reaching goal. you are awesome!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #55  
Basking On South Beach

S/C/G: 397/340/178

Height: 6'3

CountingDown, congrats on reaching your goal!

You are a beautiful woman, both inside & out

As you can tell, I have just started my weight loss journey and still have many miles to go, but your story has truly 'touched' me. Especially since we're in the same age group and I too was beginning to wonder what my future would hold when I can't even accomplish the simplest of tasks now! I know I can do this, though. I figure it took years over 25 yrs to pack on the excess baggage, so if it takes me a year or two to lose it, I'm still wayyyyy ahead of the game!

SO, thank you for being such an inspiration.
LadyNtreeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 245/230/165

Height: 5'11"

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Your scripture verse is what really caught my eye. I am trying to remember I need to be healthy to do His work.

I related to much of what you posted. Thank you for being an encouragment to others!
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #57  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Congratulation on reaching your goal! I know I am only echoing everyone else but goal stories like yours is what keeps a lot of us on track. When times seem their worst and the weight is not coming off fast enough and you think its never going to happen there are great stories like this one that give you that little lift you need to get you through that next work-out or the next salad. So thank you very much for sharing. you are truly an inspiration.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #58  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Faerie - you have done so well! I love that you stress perseverance, because it is so important! I know I will be reading your goal story soon!

suenami - thank you! Sometimes I wish I was 6'4" too!

rmc9142 - thanks! You are doing GREAT! Keep it up!

trishpix - keep at it! Sometimes it takes some time until it clicks. It will, if you just keep working at it until it does! You CAN do this!

alwaysej - thank you! And your tagline is correct - you CAN! I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Quixotica - congrats on your loss so far. You are down another 9 lbs. from your post. You ARE doing this! I'm proud of you and honored that I can help in a small way

cakses - thank you! And thanks for all of your encouragement as a fellow red team member. You are doing GREAT and I'm thrilled to see your progress so far!

LadyNtreeg - you really can do this! And, it really doesn't matter how long it takes, just that you keep at it and don't give up! Thank you for your very kind words!

Joybells - look at you - down 10 lbs. already! Congrats! And thanks!!!

Gloria - thanks for your post, it really made me smile! You are doing GREAT! Keep it up and I will be reading your goal story one of these days

Thanks to everyone that posted! The community we have here at 3FC is such a blessing for me. Maintenance is going well, and through prayer, and 3FC holding me accountable, it has been a pleasant journey indeed!

Blessings to all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #59  

YOU are my inspiration to lose this weight just have to presevere
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #60  

CD, what a success you are. You're a an inspiration indeed.

Bless you all girls & guys, who are on that long & dusty long road, of trying to lose the excess weight.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. XXXXX
zeinab is offline   Reply With Quote