3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album-200/)
-   -   Over 100lbs Lost in < A Year! Lauren's B&A (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/212443-over-100lbs-lost-year-laurens-b.html)

LBLAZY 06-23-2011 03:43 PM

Hi AriesNV!

Thanks for the find words about my transformation, you can definitely get there too!! I legit could not run for more than like 15 seconds when I first began, so yes gradual steps are DEFINITELY the way to go and a much more pleasant experience then pushing yourself too hard and ultimately ending up frustrated and injured! I can't recommend the couch 2 5k program enough, I found my love of running there and I found it incredible helpful and motivationally to really see the progress I was making as the weeks went on!!

My knees do get sore from time to time to this day, although when I was heavier I think the pain was from the impact of all the weight on my joints, now if I'm sore it's usually because I'm doing a high mileage week and haven't been stretching enough. Stretching is so so so important, and even though I get lazy, I force myself to do it in order to avoid injury. I also have a foam roller which helps deep tissue massage and it's a pain that feels amazing after a long run!!!

Also shoes definitely make a difference for me, I always used to be the type to buy a pair of sneakers because I thought they were cute...now I make sure they are the best for my feet...I actually went to the local running store and had my foot tested and they suggested shoes for my feet from that point on....it helped me shave off a good amount of time on my average pace, so I think shoes make a huge difference. I'm an Asics girl myself and I make sure I switch them out ever 300-400 miles or so when the bottoms get worn down! :)

mamato2boys 06-24-2011 02:39 PM

Lauren,

Man, I hate to ask you another question since you've answered so many!!! But, I'm really curious about cellulite??

Did you have any before your weight loss, and if so, did it get better when you lost all the weight?
I am starting to (gasp!) love running too, but the back of my thighs are like cellulite city. LOL....hoping that goes away with the pounds, but was just wondering if you had any personal experience with it!

Thank soooo much!!!!!!!! :)

MagdalenaRaela 06-28-2011 04:52 PM

WOW! I can't stop saying it as I'm looking at these photos! You are amazing! I've been having a lot of issues with motivation recently- I signed up for the gym two months ago and the first time I went was yesterday... but seeing your pictures and reading your story has seriously inspired me! 100 in 365 is my new goal!

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story! :)

khat 06-28-2011 05:39 PM

Wow.. I'm speachless really! You are amazing and a great motivation role model! But I did wonder the same as mamato2boys about celulite!
And another thing. As I slowly lose weight my fat is geting all loose and squishy and just flaps around as I run. It used to be more firm on my legs. Did you experience any of this? It's kind of embarassing :(

sheramama 06-29-2011 09:09 PM

Your story is enough for me to get off the couch, stop pouting about being stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks now, and go exercise (which I will do in 10 min :) You look so amazing and the fact that you are now dedicated to running and maintance is inspiring. Thank you for putting it up.

LBLAZY 06-29-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamato2boys (Post 3905991)
Lauren,

Man, I hate to ask you another question since you've answered so many!!! But, I'm really curious about cellulite??

Did you have any before your weight loss, and if so, did it get better when you lost all the weight?
I am starting to (gasp!) love running too, but the back of my thighs are like cellulite city. LOL....hoping that goes away with the pounds, but was just wondering if you had any personal experience with it!

Thank soooo much!!!!!!!! :)

No problem about asking questions, I welcome them because I know when I was in the process of losing I wanted to be as educated as possible throughout my journey!

So I fortunately for me, I didn't have that bad of cellulite surprisingly, I mean I had some as a bigger girl, I don't have any photos of me from the back but you can see my legs in this photo but none that was really that was super noticeable.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...0/44ed8a39.jpg

Now that a year has passed since I've been maintaining, my skin has kind of settled out for the most part, fat & skin has shifted, and while the it's a little more dimply because the stretch marks & baggy skin, I still don't think I have any cottage cheese happening really....(maybe because of running? idk) here's a photo I just took of the back of my legs so you can be the judge (don't mind the wrinkly linen shorts :P )

http://i51.tinypic.com/vowuoo.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagdalenaRaela (Post 3911666)
WOW! I can't stop saying it as I'm looking at these photos! You are amazing! I've been having a lot of issues with motivation recently- I signed up for the gym two months ago and the first time I went was yesterday... but seeing your pictures and reading your story has seriously inspired me! 100 in 365 is my new goal!

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story! :)

You can do it Magdalena, I believe in you!!! I'm happy that my story could inspire and motivate you! It means a lot to me for you to say that! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by khat (Post 3911742)
Wow.. I'm speachless really! You are amazing and a great motivation role model! But I did wonder the same as mamato2boys about celulite!
And another thing. As I slowly lose weight my fat is geting all loose and squishy and just flaps around as I run. It used to be more firm on my legs. Did you experience any of this? It's kind of embarassing :(

Hopefully my response to mamato2boys cleared up any questions you had about the cellulite....on to the fat squishiness I would say that the only part that is jiggly now would be where my skin is baggier which is my stomach if I'm up a lb or two since that's where it seems to always get put on first....my inner thighs are a tad jiggly too from looser skin, but in perspective it isn't too bad and even my short shorts cover the area! :)

Thanks for the kind words! :)

k8yk 06-30-2011 07:14 PM

You've got great genetics re:cellulite. I honestly think it's very genetic. I see very slim women at the gym with lots of cellulite and heavy ones without any.

Unfortunately I got the cellulite gene myself, but oh well. Nobody's perfect ;)

Your legs look amazing!

mamato2boys 06-30-2011 10:24 PM

Thanks, Lauren!!!! I reaaallly appreciate it!! :)

I agree w/k8yk, your legs look fantastic!! Yeah, def no cottage cheese going on there!
I read that running helps with cellulite for some reason, but it probably has a lot to do with genetics too, I guess.

I'm just gonna keep an eye on mine and see how it gets with less poundage. Hoping it goes away at least a little bit.

Ok, thanks soooooo much again!!

malamaza 07-01-2011 02:56 AM

Thank you for your answer!! <3

lilbrink13 07-07-2011 02:10 PM

This is such an inspiration! I'm hoping to take up running (consistently) too. I'm a once or twice a week person right now.

itsnikki 07-07-2011 02:36 PM

You HONESTLY look like another person! It's amazing what 100 lbs plus does to a person, right?

I have around 130 to lose... I just... I was a size 18 in HS and would like to get there as a mini goal. LOL.

No really... you are so beautiful, and have inspired me. :) I love seeing 100 plus losses, because it shows me that with determination I CAN do it.

(I'm a little worried about exercize. I can't do much atm without my legs/back seriously hurting. But I'm going to start slow and build up.:D)

jessica2231 07-08-2011 10:36 AM

hi lauren. You are still one of my biggest inspirations! I come to look at your goal story all the time. I love reading and looking at all your pics. It reminds me that well maybe i can do this. So thank you for this. You mean more to me than you will ever know. I dont mean that in a weird stalker way. just that you are a huge pillar of moral support in my weightloss journey.
thank you!

I did have a question also. if you dont mind me asking, now that its been a year how are the strechmarks on your tummy?

AnonymouslyYours 07-08-2011 11:15 AM

You really are a huge inspiration! You look amazing!

I know you said that you ate <1200 calories a day, but did you give yourself a minimum to eat for the day? Like at least 1050 or 1100?

myplanforabetterme 07-08-2011 03:19 PM

Congratulations on your progress! All that hard work really reaps rewards in the end. You are an inspiration. I am in the same boat, and started a little over a month ago, a size 18 at 215 lbs. I started exercising and have lost 10 lbs and one dress size. I am NOT a runner, but I would like to start. Your walking-to running transition is something I would like to try. And, after another 10lbs, I can hit the gym and work on some strength training. My arms are definitely a target area I need to work on. I call them my "flabby upper thighs"... any suggestions?

Innerprincess 08-02-2011 11:04 PM

Congratulations! You look beautiful!