3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal Photo Album (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album-200/)
-   -   Over 100lbs Lost in < A Year! Lauren's B&A (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/212443-over-100lbs-lost-year-laurens-b.html)

brizza 05-13-2011 08:57 PM

woow this really motivates me thank you for sharing.... :D

brizza 05-13-2011 08:58 PM

amazing !!!!

iamerican 05-21-2011 11:15 AM

This is amazing. Seriously an inspiration! I am honestly in shock about your results. They are utterly unbelieveable. COngrats! I hope one day I can have some success like that.

lizzie0988 05-25-2011 12:25 AM

Yea! Congrats...you look amazing!!

hk2011 05-27-2011 12:54 PM

Wow, what a transformation. You look great!

Tinaberanda 05-30-2011 01:05 PM

You are amazing ! I am totally inspired by your transformation.You look like a different person.
It really makes me want to keep going and not give up once again because my weight hasn't changed in 3 days even though I am following the Ideal Protein diet to a T and everyone else seems to be losing weight so much faster and more successful than me.I am just going to hang in there and not cheat for as long as it takes.I want to be healthier and get off cholesterol medication that I feel I shouldn't be on at my age.
I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin and be carefree when it comes to my weight and appearance and most important my health.
I want to set a good example for my son.I want to enjoy life to the fullest like I did growing up as a child.
I refuse to give in to my weaknesses of overindulging in sweets for a momentary "high" followed by lifelong consequences that are doing me harm.

I am really impressed and inspired by your achievement and wish you nothing but the best for your ongoing life of health and freedom of those unnecessary pounds.
Great job !

murleya1 05-31-2011 10:55 AM

Unbelievable. Truly an inspiration.

dgle22 06-10-2011 09:37 PM

that is so awesome! you look great!

Catcuffling 06-11-2011 02:08 AM

this thread is awesome! and wow you are so lucky to have very minimal (if any) loose skin!

very inspirational!

marshas 06-12-2011 03:28 AM

Wow. I can't believe that... Lol.. Please share your secret, tips here.. Congrats to you LBLAZY

WLGirl1 06-13-2011 04:42 PM

WOW!!!! You are now my new inspiration lol. Well done!!!!!!!!

painfullystoic 06-21-2011 06:34 AM

Oh wow. You sound like you were like I am right now. I am 22. I graduated in December 2010 and I have another graduation coming up in May 2012. My main problem area is my tummy too. I'm about the weight you were when you started and I'm aiming for the same goal. I too put on about 50 lbs after HS.

But, I am also Insulin Resistant, but I don't plan on letting that stop me- I will do what needs to be done.

Thank you so much, you're an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many more people. :D

EZMONEY 06-21-2011 01:17 PM

I have seen many wonderful stories here over the years but I can't think of another that is such an awesome transformation in such a short time.

Your story reminds me of my daughter's hard work over the years to accomplish amazing things in her work and sports when some thought such things were not possible.

I just love your graduation (gown) picture! :D

I am so happy for you! :)

You deserve to feel so proud! :carrot:

LBLAZY 06-21-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malamaza (Post 3842021)
You really inspire me :) Hope so I can lose weight in a year and half as I planned :) You were eating 3 or 5 meals a day ? Could you maybe post your sample menu ?

Congrats, you look stunning!!

Hi there Malamaza, I apologize for the delay in response, but hopefully you're still checking in and I can provide you some answers to the questions you asked!!

When I was losing I was eating three meals/ 2 heavier snacks a day...at the start of my weight loss I was pretty clueless about nutrition and whole foods so I suck with mostly "diet foods" like lean cuisines, 100 calorie snack packs, etc. While I learned more about less processed foods I ended up making simpler foods that would hold me over longer...I definitely because a volume eater. I now LOVE huge "kitchen sink" type salads

But anyway I think a typical example day while I was losing was
Bfast - oatmeal/peanut butter/raisins/cinnamon

apple for snack

Lunch - turkey lettuce mustard on sandwich thin
dannon light & fit (now I wouldn't touch those chemicals, only greek for me now...protein is worth the extra calories)
baby carrots

string cheese or 100 cal snack pack for another snack

Dinner - lean cuisine, low cal soup, or baked chicken breast/broccoli/sweet potato

So yeah, I lost the initial 90 lbs through calorie counting focusing on making smarter choices, choosing more natural and whole foods and avoiding most processed foods, although I didn't completely rule out anything! I found that moderation is key in order to make this a lifestyle change. I also worked out 5-6 days a week and continue to do so, although I was more vigorous in my work outs when I was trying to lose. Best of luck with everything!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica2231 (Post 3842638)
you look absolutely amazing!!!!! i cant wait to be in your shoes!

You can do it girl! I'm a testament to that! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamato2boys (Post 3842769)
Wow! So, I realize this is an old thread, but since you are still checking in, Lauren, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your story and photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I look almost exactly the way you did in your 'before' pictures, and just this am after my workout, I was looking in the mirror and thinking that I will never look thin. Then tonight, I came on here and saw your pics and your amazing story, and just had to tell you that I am oh-so-inspired by you! :hug:

Congrats on your half marathon too!!! That is awesome!!

Thank you so so much, I feel like a broken record, but really, you've just got to believe in yourself and find the inner motivation and just keep working towards your goals, you can do it! I believe in you!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 3844179)
Huge congratulations to you, you look beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillnicole03 (Post 3845550)
Amazzzing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brizza (Post 3849003)
woow this really motivates me thank you for sharing.... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie0988 (Post 3863774)
Yea! Congrats...you look amazing!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by murleya1 (Post 3871453)
Unbelievable. Truly an inspiration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgle22 (Post 3886975)
that is so awesome! you look great!

Thanks to you all SOOOO much!!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamerican (Post 3859115)
This is amazing. Seriously an inspiration! I am honestly in shock about your results. They are utterly unbelieveable. COngrats! I hope one day I can have some success like that.

You definitely can if I could! Just take it one day at a time, even one meal/decision/bite at a time and overtime it will all pay off! Thank you!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinaberanda (Post 3870353)
You are amazing ! I am totally inspired by your transformation.You look like a different person.
It really makes me want to keep going and not give up once again because my weight hasn't changed in 3 days even though I am following the Ideal Protein diet to a T and everyone else seems to be losing weight so much faster and more successful than me.I am just going to hang in there and not cheat for as long as it takes.I want to be healthier and get off cholesterol medication that I feel I shouldn't be on at my age.
I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin and be carefree when it comes to my weight and appearance and most important my health.
I want to set a good example for my son.I want to enjoy life to the fullest like I did growing up as a child.
I refuse to give in to my weaknesses of overindulging in sweets for a momentary "high" followed by lifelong consequences that are doing me harm.

I am really impressed and inspired by your achievement and wish you nothing but the best for your ongoing life of health and freedom of those unnecessary pounds.
Great job !

I can definitely relate to your words, I've so been there. Don't give up! I promise you that the hard times are worth it all in the end! Overindulging happens, we all make mistakes with eating...I definitely struggle some days to stick to my new lifestyle, but that's realistic and life. As long as the good days out weigh the bad and you're continually making the right choices you will not only be healthier on the outside but inside as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catcuffling (Post 3887112)
this thread is awesome! and wow you are so lucky to have very minimal (if any) loose skin!

very inspirational!

Yes, I do consider myself quite blessed considering other transformations with 100+ lbs losses! I think I owe it too good genes, rate of loss, and strength training! Thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshas (Post 3888084)
Wow. I can't believe that... Lol.. Please share your secret, tips here.. Congrats to you LBLAZY

Wish I had a secret, I just eat a lot healthier, focus on moderation so I don't feel deprived and work out 6x a week at varying intensities! It's the recipe for my success!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ngirl1 (Post 3889944)
WOW!!!! You are now my new inspiration lol. Well done!!!!!!!!

:D Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by painfullystoic (Post 3900244)
Oh wow. You sound like you were like I am right now. I am 22. I graduated in December 2010 and I have another graduation coming up in May 2012. My main problem area is my tummy too. I'm about the weight you were when you started and I'm aiming for the same goal. I too put on about 50 lbs after HS.

But, I am also Insulin Resistant, but I don't plan on letting that stop me- I will do what needs to be done.

Thank you so much, you're an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many more people. :D

Thank you for your kind words, I believe you can do it!!!! Feel free to message me for any support! I'm here for you girl! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 3900831)
I have seen many wonderful stories here over the years but I can't think of another that is such an awesome transformation in such a short time.

Your story reminds me of my daughter's hard work over the years to accomplish amazing things in her work and sports when some thought such things were not possible.

I just love your graduation (gown) picture! :D

I am so happy for you! :)
You deserve to feel so proud! :carrot:

Oh thanks so much EZMONEY! I always continually read your posts and found a lot of inspiration from them as I frequented these forums steadily during my loss. Your kind words and amazing compliments mean a lot to me!!! Congrats on all your daughter's success!!!!

AriesNV 06-22-2011 03:47 PM

OMG, your transformation is amazing. We're around the same height, and you're ultimately where I'd like to be -- ****, even if I could run <1 mile, I'd be pretty darn happy. Thank you for describing how and when you started running. It makes me feel better that not everyone just gets up one morning and can run a 5k, but gradual steps are necessary and more realistic. =] Did you ever experience bad/sore knees when running? Did you find that the shoe you run with makes a big difference?