General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 11:00 PM   #1  

Default Low Fat Dieting

Hi,
Am new to the board. Is there a place on this page that supports low fat eating?

My concern about lowfat eating is how can the lowcarb/high fat diet work as well when it is the opposite.

Thanks.

Gabrielle
Old 09-11-2001, 12:56 PM   #2  

Because peoples bodies are different. Some can burn up lots of carbs fast, & some cant. also, when the body is given primarily protein& fat, thats what it burns as its main source of fuel.
Old 09-13-2001, 05:51 PM   #3  

I have been on a low fat diet since 30 April and have lost approx 42 lbs. I weigh in at my doctors every month. I have tried to lose weight more times than I care to remember over the years but this has been my most successful attempt. I don't feel hungry as I fill up on fruit and vegetables. My will power still seems very strong and hopefully I can continue.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:36 AM   #4  

I have been on a low-fat diet since March 30th. I have lost approx. 75lbs. I love this way of eating, and every so often I eat what I want within reason. I went to a wedding last weekend and ate what was on the menu excluding the cake, but that was ok with me. I feel healthier now than I ever have.
Old 09-14-2001, 06:05 PM   #5  

Alzym
To lose that amount of weight is fantastic. Well done you. Could you give me some idea of what you are eating, i seem to have reached a bit of a plateau and need a kick start to get me going again
Old 09-16-2001, 05:08 PM   #6  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Talking Just Started Today

Hi everyone,

I've just started a low fat diet today. I was given a guide by my doctor to follow and must weigh in every month at his office. I am very happy to see the success that Alyzm and Cherrycoke have both had with low fat dieting. I look forward to reading about your continued success.

Jodie
Old 09-19-2001, 03:07 PM   #7  

hi Jodie I sent you a PM about the kind of things I eat , did you get it?
Old 09-19-2001, 05:22 PM   #8  
Puds mum!

Question

Cherrycoke..(didn't catch your name)

Can you tell me what types of things you eat?
I lost quite a bit on low fat after my first was born but honestly can't remeber what I ate.Now I started slimfast but caved into cookies at 3pm.It mades me so hungry unlike before.I really need some help to lose pregnancy weight again!I feel so stuck.

Sarah
Old 10-03-2001, 09:22 AM   #9  

I lost 18 lbs (going from 140 to 122) on low-fat/low-calorie diet... It was not a formal diet, I just avoided fast-food restaurants, ate mostly home-cooked meals (boiled and baked instead of fried, or fried on a non-stick frying pan with almost no butter), ate smaller portions, and drank water instead of soft drinks. When I have to eat out for lunch, I go to Subway and get one of their subs under 7 grams of fat. I do eat desserts and other high fat foods occasionally, but in moderation.

I do eat a lot of carbohydrates like white rice, potatoes, bread, fruit, etc, I never tried to limit their intake... I just try to limit FAT in what I eat, and make the overall portion smaller. And I learned to stop eating when I'm FULL, not STUFFED.

It took about 8 months to lose the weight, and I kept it off for the past 4 months... I still watch what I eat though...
Old 10-09-2001, 03:37 PM   #10  

Hi I haven't been on in a little while. I made a move to the east coast a couple of weeks ago and have been really busy. My low fat diet is going very well. The first time I COMPLETELY went off it since the end of March was on Sunday at a wedding. I mean I REALLY went off it.. I ate anythign I wanted to...lol BUT the point is I went right back to my "Regular Low Fat Diet" on Monday. It wasn't hard at all because I KNOW I will NEVER again weigh 250lbs. I am down to about 170 right now. I feel great although I am hitting a few MAJOR platues (sp). I have been buying a few new frozen dinners here in Connecticut that I have never seen before. IF you like Manicotti Celestines (I believe that is the brand name) have a GREAT low fat (2.5g, and 250cals) Manicotti. I buy it at Stop and Shop. I have also found Ice Cream Sandwhiches that have 2g of fat, also at Stop and Shop. If anyone here has any new suggestions on VERY low fat foods please I will take any suggestions. If anyone has any questions I will answer them, just post it here nd I will try my best to answer the question.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:36 AM   #11  

Question any good sites

hi, i,m very interested in this low fat dieting. i have 165 pounds to lose. and looking at some of your stats for pounds lose, this might be something i good do. i've tried atkins but i love my carbos, tried ww but i get confused by the points. my son is interested in low fat but together we don't know too much. is there some favourite places you ladies visit often for support and info on your way of eating. such as how many fats do you eat? stuff like that. with that much weight to lose, i don't want to think about it but eat normal. feel feel to email if you want. i could use all the support ([email protected]) thank you ever so much for listening to me ramble on.xxxxooooxxxxjo
Old 10-17-2001, 04:24 PM   #12  

Talking

Hi

I am taking Xenical 3 times a day so I have to eat a low fat diet. I have cut out butter, only stir fry, eat brown rice - and always check the fat content on everything I buy now. In the past 5 weeks I have lost just under 2 stone - about 26lbs I think. All I do at the minute is eat fruit when I feel peckish or raw carrots. I am enjoying it at the minute and keep telling myself when my willpower starts weaking that I have done so welland I can do better and I think about the "Little Black Dress" that I want for Christmas.

All the best

Zokris
Old 10-18-2001, 11:35 AM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!

Hey Zokris,

Sounds like you're doing great and well on your way. I am also taking Xenical....on my 3rd month now...and I find it really does change your eating habits making you very "inspired" to pick low fat foods whenever possible.

Come visit on the Xenical Xanies board once in a while and let ue know how you're doing...we could all use a little inspiration in getting in our "little black dresses".

How much weight do you want to lose altogether?

Frouf
Old 10-21-2001, 05:20 AM   #14  

Talking

Hi Folks how are you all?? I am about to embark on a weight loss campaign yet again!!!! This time i thought why not seek a little support , you never know it might help and hey, i might even make some new friends. I am very much a yo -yo dieter and would like to just get the weight off, once and for all!! Low carbs seem to suit my body as i can lose weight easily on them but i just get so bored of eating meat all the time!!! I have approx 42 pounds still to lose and need a bit of encouragement as i can hear my bod saying oh lord here we go again!! Hope to chat soon. Slinky!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:35 PM   #15  

Default Fat Grams

What is everyone doing as far as fat grams? How many are you using per day?

Do you base the amount of fat grams on calories per day????

Thanks.

Gabrielle
Closed Thread