General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Slimfasters, I'm holding steady. Went a little crazy today, back on plan tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing, it's awfully quite around here

Melissa, did you get your bike ride in? I haven't gone bike shopping yet, but I have been doing my research. When did bikes get so expensive!! Good grief!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Deb
southerndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #17  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

I'm doing OK too, I was doing OK with food but last night we went out w/ friends to DQ. I can only justify what I ate by saying that we were helping them hang drywall all day, so I'm sure I could afford most of it, calorie-wise.

Deb, if you're looking for a deal on bikes, you should see if you can wait to get it until later in summer when the stores are trying to get rid of stock. My DH and I got bikes last year in August or Sept for about $100 each.

Gonna go work out - first time in over a week, since I've had a cold and have finally stopped hacking things up!
SkinnySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #18  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I got my bike really cheap at walmart, I think it was $53, nothing spectacular but I only needed it to go on little rides with the girls.

Keep up the good work ladies! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and remembering those goals with each choice that you make!!

How'd that workout go Skinny?

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #19  
Nut Gatherer

The workout went well, thanks! I want to both lose fat and get strength, so I did 15 min. on a bike and then did weights for 30 min. I'm planning to do this kind of routine 3x a week, and cardio 2-3x a week.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:30 AM   #20  

Over did it on the weekend...
Back on program today.

Melissa and Squirrel- thanks for the advise on the bikes.

Squirrel- great job on the workout, I need to get my butt in gear, we have contractors here at the house everyday and I feel like I need to hang around...that's my excuse DQ is so awesome! I can't go near DQ for now!

Melissa- I don't think I will make the 10 - but any loss would be fine with me! When do you leave for Disney?

Do either of you use Fitday.com?, it has been a super reality check for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! Deb
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #21  
Melissa

Good Monday Morning!!

Deb - Yes, I use fitday off and on, I think it really does make me aware of eating during the day when I use it, sometimes it gets to be too time consuming though. Its a great program! I doubt I'm making 10 too, but I can get as close as I can right? Thats all that matters!

Squirrel - excellent job on that workout!! Keep it up! I think your routine sounds superb!! Make sure you take measurements rather than just go by the scale cuz you are gonna build that muscle up and your losses will show more in the measurements.

I did pretty great this weekend. Didnt overdue it at all. Could have skipped the Twisted Teas but they fit in calorie wise so I'm okay with it. 11 more days till Disney! We leave on the 8th!

Have a fantastic day today!! Stay strong!! We can do this!

~melissa
Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #22  
Nut Gatherer

I used fitday for awhile, but I'm much better at keeping my paper journal. I havn't done measurements, but I do have a few pairs of skinny jeans that I'll be using to guage my progress.

Disney, I'm so jealous!!! My DH has never been there. My parents want to go there as a family for their 35th ann (in 5 years). I suggested now, but my SIL is going back to grad school and my youngest brother just joined the pipefitters so both my brothers will be poor for awile! But hug Mickey for me!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Hello. I've started slim-fast and hoping it will work for me. I tend to eat on the run and therefore do not always eat healthfully. I'm so glad to find others using slimfast!
Idrial
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #24  
Melissa

Hello Idrial! Welcome!! Slimfast is definetly great if you are always on the go. Good luck to you! Come back and keep us up to date on your successes!! You can do this!

I had a pretty good day yesterday, could have been better, could have been worse. Its so dreadfully hot here and no a/c so doing lots of sweating LOL...not sure if that helps or not! Helps get that water down thats for sure!

Have a great day all!

~melissa
Old 06-28-2006, 09:27 PM   #25  

I'm doing pretty good. I have been working out almost daily which is impressive for me. Hope all is well with everyone.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:40 AM   #26  
Nut Gatherer

Good for you, 2much, on working out! I've been keeping it up too. Helps to have joined a gym w/ DH, whenever money is involved it guarantees he'll keep it up! LOL
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #27  

Hi Everyone-

Just checking in, haven't lost but holding steady. I'm down to one shake a day, usually in the AM.

What is everyone elses plan?

Do any of you use the slimfast website for your meal planning? I do, I have to have someone/something tell me what to eat at this point!! I can't be left on my own to make my own choices!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.