General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/230/185

Height: 5'6

Default 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds!

Hello. Newbie here, and I'm lovin the site. Awesome info on here. I have one question or concern (sorry about the length). I found A diet plan through a magazine called ‘Celeb Diet & Fitness’ and they list three ways to lose 10 pounds. The one I was going try was a 5 week plan to lose 10 pounds, here is the diet plan: breakfast-1 cup of oatmeal and 1 hard boiled egg. Snack-one piece of fruit. Lunch-4 oz of fish or chicken with steamed veggies and a sald. (it says the more fish you eat the better because fish oils stimulate your metabolism.) Snack-Celery or cuc with 1 tbsp of all natural p.b. Dinner- 6-8 oz of grilled fish with steamed veggies. Im just curios, does this should safe? Thanks in advance for the replys.
Lisa
Lisa_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Lisa? Do you have a fitday account you could put that all in and see what the calorie count is?
It actually sounds not bad for balance and nutrients.
I'd tweak it a bit tho' and add a nice quick walk everyday.
It should be perfectly natural and not 'too' difficult for you to lose 2 lbs per week.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

This plan is basically a reduced calorie diet of around 1200 calories a day. 1200 calories is about the LOWEST one should go for safe weight loss. Usually, with eating a low calorie diet, one starts out at a higher calorie level and loses an initial amount of weight, then drops the calories slightly so they start losing again, and so on until they are around goal. 1200 is about the lowest level. Basically, this plan is a low calorie plan, but THEY have chosen the foods for you-so you aren't eating a bunch of junk like fat free cookies for your calories.

The plan is a little low for your current weight, and there is no dairy listed-so while you have enough protein, fruits, and veggies on this plan-you are going to be low in calcium.
I think this plan would work for you if you did the following tweak to it to make it healthier:

~add in 2 servings of skim dairy a day. This can be 1 cup of skim milk, or 1 container of light or fat free yogurt, or 1 serving of lowfat/reduced fat cheese that is under 100 calories a serving. Add them in at whatever meal you are still feeling hungry with...or add them as additional snacks. Just whenever you need to-but add them in. This will bring your calorie level up to around 1350-1400 a day, which is better for your current weight, and will up your calcium intake to a healthier level.

~Make sure that you are getting in some exercise each day. It doesn't have to be super strenuous if you are not normally an exerciser-a walk each day, a yoga or Pilates video, swimming-just MOVE each day.

Let me know how you do.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/230/185

Height: 5'6

I’m going to add the milk products,I thought the calorie count was a bit low. I was talking to a dietician through zenical and she said that I should take in no more than 1700 and I'm doing water aerobics, curves and working on a gazelle or taebo for 30 mins.(not all in one day lol) Thanks for the replys, there very helpful..thanks again
Lisa
Lisa_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote