General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Default Sugarbusters vs. South Beach

Which one do you think is the best? Why? Which would be better for borderline diabetics?

Thanks!!
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #2  

I only know South Beach, I was borderline and now I'm doing great. I heartily recommend South Beach.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/152/135

I am most familiar with Sugar Busters. Lost 45 pounds in 2000 but gained it back due to bad eating habits. My mother, who is diabetic, has also followed this lifestyle to help regulate her sugar. Bottom line is to find out about both and see which one is most doable to you. South Beach has phases, I think and Sugar busters does not. SBeach might be a bit more specific in their guidlines, so that's good. But a good point for Sugar Busters is that it never leaves out any food groups. It directs you away from High Glycemic foods such as white potatoes, white pasta, etc.

Good luck to you whatever you choose.

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [/
pygmymama is offline   Reply With Quote