General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Thumbs up Spring Plan - Down and Dirty

OK - I am not sure where that title came from, but I have an idea. Spring is the time to get serious with the efforts for summer fun and outfits. I am ready, I get the sense that you guys are too! Congrats on the scale movement Estaban, sounds like you had a great March in terms of diet. And look at you LaDean, really getting moving. Me, well I am back from vacation and ready to make the push to under 200. I am tired of having a blah effort for the entire month of March. Well, March isn't over, but the first part was pretty blah. Anyway, there is a week left and today is the day I start recording in fitday again and making that serious effort. Cindy and Alice, I know you are out there. I hope you'll find the time to jump back in and to any lurkers that have thought this might be a place for you to post, you are welcome as well.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #2  

Default lol down and dirty...that's GOOD!

Thanks Ledom for the new thread.

I am with you, I am really serious this time.

Ledom, it is going to be so amazing trying to get under 200...wow! I am still 54 pounds away from that goal, that is ok though. I am just going to do one day at a time. If I can get to 200 by the end of the year I will be happy...of course if I was more than that I would be ecstatic.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #3  
Chick

First day back was great food wise. I have a horrible sore throat however. Did I mention I was in winter on the trip and came back to more winter? What happened to Spring? Well, it looks like Spring here but it is COLD. So much for getting out in the boat. I am going to start my exercise routine tomorrow if I am not feeling worse. I am taking every vitamin I can get my hand on to keep this from turning into a full fledged cold. Plus I am laying around reading and watching movies. There's got to be SOME rest on spring break if you can't go loll in the sun which is what I am really craving. Soooo, I didn't gain a lot of weight while I was gone but am up a couple of pounds. I think it'll be gone by the end of the week and I have reevalutaed a few things that I had let start to sneak in and sabotage my efforts. Being tired is one of my biggest bugaboos when I am working so I am making myself more aware of avoiding that. The amazing thing, when we get back to school there will only be 6 weeks left. My goal is to hit 199 by graduation which is around May 9 or so. I am working on some visualization techniques to help me reach that goal. This visualization mainly consists of watching myself stick to my food plan. I have been great with my exercise plan and of course must keep that going - and I do plan to push it to include a few extra minutes - but food is the big challenge.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:33 PM   #4  

Hi! Dr. Don says it is important to see yourself slim and healthy and succeeding so I think your visualization is imp. I know it is something I am trying to get a handle on too...I have a hard time seeing myself even normal weight...I just want to be normal weight...sigh.

You might give oil of oregano a try in your battle against the cold, it is supposed to fight everything. It is the oil one needs not the spice. It is kind of expensive.

Has anyone tried Dr. Denese's skin products?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi judi - I ended up exercising in a big way yesterday. It finally was warm enough to go outside and I hiked 9.5 miles. Yep, 9.5. It took me four hours. My legs more or less shut down after about 6. I think I had on the wrong shoes and I got a bit of a cramp in one leg which really slowed me down. Legs feeling better this a.m. though. Anyway, it did the trick - I am down to pre holiday and ready to start moving my ticker again.

I have been taking the airborne like Cindy suggested and my throat is feeling better.

I know what you mean about seeing yourself a certain weight. A strange thing happened while I was on my trip. I lost track of where I was and how I looked. I felt as if I'd gained 15 lbs., I took my skinny jeans but wouldn't even put them on because somewhere in my mind I felt like they wouldn't fit. I am not sure why my head was playing such games with me. I was in fact within 2 lbs. of my lowest weight. Not having my scales, my workouts, my normal food threw my idea of where I was for a loop. Strange.

judi, I think when it has been such a long time from being a normal weight it makes it harder to visualize. When that happens we just have to go on faith. Trying on clothes, both ones that are now too large and ones that I am working to fit into is the best way I know to get some perspective on the reality of my size.

Hope you have a good day.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #6  

HI, love the new title. neat i am ready for spring to. getting on the move. started yesterday. had a gain last week. to much fresh taffy from ocean. daughter went. only live once and i love it. so back to business now for Spring.... back on plan and 2nd day no sugar. a start. good luck to all so glad you all are ready for it to and doing good. have a good day. LaDean
Old 03-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #7  

Ledom, I know that is so true about having a mental picture of oneself in your head...one way or the other...the minute I am controlling my food I immediately feel like I am slim though the mirror tells me otherwise...I know when I was 140 I felt just as fat as I did at 240, it is important to see oneself slim and that normal weight is attainable. Congrats!! on the LONG walk! Wow 9.5 that is impressive.!
Good luck on day 2 of no sugar LaDean! I have had no sugar now for almost 2 weeks and I no longer get heartburn which I didn't even think was connected to my sugar consumption. I used to eat Tums all day long. Best of all food cravings are gone.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #8  

Ledom. hey what a hike. good for you. i think i could get into hiking. i always thought it would be fun. oh know what you mean i reached my frist goal and i felt so huge still. then dr. said for health go lower. so now heading for that one. i took this big frame and i put my before and after picture now in it. put it on a shelf here behind me. i come and look at it often when i get these feelings. also i say hey kept it off the first time ever in my life.. i always gain back. have 10 lbs and got to get that off. but i try to think well i am moving foeward and not gaining it all back and some. try to keep those good thoughts going. seems to help me. i am getting with it this week. after my weekend and durning it there down. so that i love.this am i can start with them down not up.. so that makes my day. getting out to walk beau . then music to ears and i am taking one. may add to it today. its so nice out this morning and all. '

Judi.... 2 weeks so sugar good for you that is great. yes once i get off it then i am ok.. got my plan down pat it seems. so this week i plan to work harder and have that good loss. LaDean
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #9  
Chick

Just a quick note before running out the door for a busy MOnday/. I have had 3 perfect food days. Hope to keep the streak going.

Ya'll sound great. Remember "down and dirty", we're going to win this fight one day at a time.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #10  

Way to go on the 3 perfect food days Ledom!!

LaDean, I took a pic. of myself in bra and underpants (not my head though) and hid them inside the binder cover so I can see the diff. WHEN I lose.

Today I actually got out and dug a garden bed. It felt good. We have great weather here so it is a big motivater.

I am going to visit my D. and stay over at her place tomorrow night.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #11  

Hi, that is good idea to have pictures to see difference. then to its good to take measurments also. i have done that. i check like every 6 months . is fun to see a difference. my scales look good this am. i am glad. going away for couple days friday and saturday for our Tops program and all. so looking forward to that. have a great day to all. LaDean
Old 03-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #12  

Hi! I have been averaging around 1700 calories...I really should be at 1600 for height and desire to weigh 135 lbs. I am still off sugar and it is amazing how much better I feel. I had one bagel in two days (1/2 this morning and 1/2 yesterday). It is the only bread thing I have had. I am trying to stay away from bread. It has been easier since DH is off of wheat.

Glad you scales looked good this morning LaDean. That is always such a motivator (sp?)

Hi Ledom! How is the week going?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #13  
Chick

judi and laDean - It has been a good week because I got to adjust my ticker down one lb. this morning. It has been over a month so I feel as if I am FINALLY making progress. I have averaged 5 lbs. a month since Jan. Way too slow, but then I am happy for it too. I am at 211 this a.m. I want to hit 199 by the time the semester is over so I am going to have to really be perfect to accomplish that as it is May 12, exactly 6 weeks from today.

judi - I am so proud of you. You are making wonderful changes for you, the kind of changes that mean success. LaDean, have fun on your trip!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #14  

Good work Ledom!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #15  
Chick

Morning-judi your 1700 calories isn't bad at all. I find it easier to ease into a lower cal life than to just abruptly drop down really low. You are getting results too aren't you? After declaring earlier in the week exercise is not a problem, it somehow became a problem this week. I am doing it, but not at my planned pace. I am not too worried yet, my plan for the week is to get back up to speed there. Will be hiking this morning with my friend. It wasn't exactly what I had planned for today but I got the invitation and it seems the right choice considering everything. I was down another lb. this morning. I feel like I am back in the game and that this will turn out to be a weekend where I actually lose. I am hyped about my 6 week goal. judi - I understand how having DH off wheat would be helpful to you. Having DD out of the house has made my losing so much easier.
Closed Thread