General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #16  
208/180/125

Jenn,
Sorry, I was just re-reading this and realized that I did not respond to your AZ question...

I am currently living in Mesa...but I started out in downtown Phoenix.
I used to live in West Virginia...and then one day...I just moved...
long story, I suppose...(and the beginning of my weight gain, in truth)...
Summation, I came out to AZ to join a guy...we broke up pretty much as soon as I got here...and I was stubborn and stayed....and now I LOVE it...doing my astrological charts it became apparent that one of the most ideal places for me to live would be the Sahara...so the desert life just appeals to me!

Just as an update on my progress...
I have lost 10 pounds to date....since August 6...so, roughly 10 pounds in 3 weeks!
my future sister in law is begging me for the diet...
--Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #17  

Hi, just curious why could you not give her the diet plan...ha i am so glad its helping you and all. happy for you. keep up the losing. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #18  

Wink No problem

I must say that I am pretty satisfied with my center. I've only been going for a few weeks, but have not had any problems. I told them I did not want to do a year of maint., so I signed up for 11 weeks. I probably could have skipped that, too, but I thought, why not? I told them I wasn't going to buy the bars in bulk. They said ok. Told them I wasn't going to do supplements, and it was no problem. Never any pressure at all. Now yes, they did mention about the guarantee, but I wasn't concerned about that part of it. So basically, I paid $349 for a year's program (loss, stabilization, and maint.), which I don't think is outrageous. I think it's just important to be educated before you go in the center, and remember that you have the right to say no. You're the customer. YOU have the right to say no. It sounds like there are some really awful centers and counselors out there, so check out your center. Talk to some of the clients leaving the center to see what they think.
Gal-in-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:27 PM   #19  
208/180/125

Gal in AZ...you are Awesome!!! What center did you go to? Curious, because I am going to refer my future SIL to one...I think she would do better with someone to support (that she is paying for...AKA accountable to).

Regarding sharing the diet, LaDean...LOL...not sure why I am not wanting to share! If someone had not been willing to share with me I would be still trying to make WW work for me...I think the answer is...with all of the crack down on e-bay, I became paranoid...I gave her the information on Sunday, shortly after I posted. I was hoping to keep it a secret until I lost enough weight for it to REALLY be noticable.

My fiance was so proud of me he was bragging to his mother who told his sister that it was easy...because I had lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks.
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #20  

Dee in AZ - I live in Prescott, so I go to the center up here at the Prescott Gateway Mall. Your SIL is probably in the Valley, but I hope she finds a good center down there, too.
Gal-in-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:07 AM   #21  

Default My center

I read the rip off website before i found this one ( that is whay I was so glad to find a positve website). I have only been on the program for a little under two weeks, but so far my experience has been fine. Today they tried to get me to buy Excel, but then i realized that the 120 pills was only a month supply and i would like to see where i can get on my own before beliviong I have to depend on the supplments, but it wasn't a problem with me turning it down.

Has anyone tried the supplements? I'm scared that once I take them I will want them forever and be spending way to much money...are you weaned off of the supplements in stabilization?

Well I'm from Indiana, but i live on the border so I go to the center in Lansing, Illinois (right outside of Chicago)

Has anyone heard of any problems from people who actually used the lites not being able to get the rebate back?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend that anyone take any of the LAWL supplements and vitamins. There is a cheaper alternative to their Take Off Juice, Luna bars in place of the Lites if you wish to save money, and so many ways to make the plan cheaper.

Vitamins are much cheaper in a regular store, and their supplements such as carb blockers, and all the other stuff you do not need to lose weight. Any effect they may have is really minimimal at BEST-if a pill could make you lose weight, then we would all be thin. It is simple calories in vs. calories out. Eat less, move more.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 AM   #23  
234/165.8/160

I agree with Aphil, I wouldn't (and haven't bought any of the supplements). I basically told them if I can't lose weight eating real food than I was meant to be fat and they've left me alone. I do have to say I buy their calcium supplement because there isn't enough calcium in this plan and I like theirs the best of all the ones I've tried. I try to get them when they are 30% off and there they are in line with everyone else's prices. I also think think the EFAs are worthwhile, but as Aphil said, you can find these anywhere and at much better prices.

Good luck,
Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #24  

I also agree with what Aphil posted - I haven't used any of the LAWL supplements -- I buy a good multi, add EFA's (becuz the diet is really low in fat, and there's lots of research about those being good for you) -- and I try to remember to take an extra calcium -- not so good about that. I do drink the Crystal light that has calcium added to it. The complete supplement package was quoted to me at over 100$/month, which is way too much for this chick!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #25  

Mary - EFA's are for health (skin, hair, and brain power, plus probably more) , but since the diet is so low in fat, I think they also help in keeping things moving thru the digestive tract. .

In fact, one of the counselors said they recommended regular doses of EFA to help that, if people are having trouble.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote