General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 10:19 AM   #16  

Default Hi again

I was just re-reading some of the posts. Remember that in order for this to work you need to exercise as much as possible. I have been exercising 2 - 3 times for one hour either walking or on my treadmill. I don't run, just walk fast. I saw my husband's niece on Mother's Day who has lost 40 pounds since Christmas and she has been walking 4 miles EVERY DAY. This makes a huge difference. It builds your muscles and muscles burn fat. In order to get the aerobic (fat burning) benefit from exercise you have to walk at least 45 minutes.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:37 AM   #17  

Default discount card

Can someone help me with the discount card at the Meridia site? I enrolled in the Point of Change but I didn't see the $ sign. I have found the cheapest place around here to get it is Costco - it's $81.73 for 30 ten mg. capsules. The discount card would bring that down a lot. Should I just call them? Did anyone ask about getting a discount on what they've already paid for (probably not possible). Thanks to the person who posted this information.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:00 PM   #18  

Default good afternoon

Hi everyone, just reading about all the things everyone has done and gone through. Let me tell you one thing, at the doctors office they gave me the same discount card that Meridia will send to you. Also the same booklet with info in it. After signing up at the web site they sent me a vidio also to get you pumped up. Did anyone else out there get one of these? I have not started the program yet but will this next week. I had to wait until blood work came back and showed nothing wrong anywhere. Darn! just as I thought, just naturally fat! hate that dont you? Well, I got to get off of here for now. Hope everyone does great this next week. bye
Old 05-20-2001, 09:34 PM   #19  

Just stopping by quickly. Glad to see some other posts. I too exercise--try to do it everyday 55 minutes with Richard Simmons.

Since I could not see the $ sign either, I called the # listed on the web site and they are sending me out a card. I don't know exactly how the discount works but doubt that you can go back and get $$$. That price is great at Cosco. The Costcos here in MA do not have pharmacies. I know I should have probably called around for the best price but just went to my regular pharmacist.

Take care everyone and keep on working on the weight. We can all do it together.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:35 AM   #20  

Default Costco

Good news - I just checked www.costco.com and you can order prescriptions from them online. Costco is like Sam's Club so you don't have to worry about the prescription being safe ordering online.
Old 05-21-2001, 07:26 PM   #21  

Default FYI on rice cakes

Have any of you had a rice cake lately? I bought some yesterday. LOVE THEM...The last memory I had of a rice cake was it tasting like lightly salted stirofoam(sp). They've come a long way. I bought buttered popcorn, chocolate crisp, and white cheddar flavor. All low cal and low fat if any. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Hey it's better than chips.
Old 05-21-2001, 11:23 PM   #22  

Default Rice cakes

Yes they are pretty good and you can eat the whole pack if you want - my favorite are the caramel mini rice cakes. The fat free Pringles aren't too bad if you're craving chips but don't each too many because you'll be running to the bathroom all day the next day.
Old 05-22-2001, 12:34 AM   #23  
Elle

Dontworrybehappy:

Here is the number for the Meridia Instant Rewards Program 1-888-KNOLL-02. Just call and they will send one out to you. I got mine in less than a week. I think i paid on $64. or so for my perscription, with the discount. What even better is you save 50% on your 3rd thru 6th perscription.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:57 AM   #24  

Default Thank you

I called the 800 number and I should be getting my discount card in about 10 days. Thanks for the information. Costco has the 10 mg. Meridia for $81.73 for 30 capsules. With the 25% discount that will be $61.30. I will be able to get the 50% discount after three more prescriptions. Good luck everyone - keep exercising. Too bad you don't live in my neighborhood - then we could be walking buddies.
Old 06-02-2001, 08:52 AM   #25  

Hi guys...what's up? Well, my doc put me on Meridia like I asked....10mg. This is my 3rd day of taking it....I'm eating right but haven't started a workout program yet. I am a radiologic technologist (I take x-rays). I recently grad and have to take my boards this Monday. After that is over, I'll start then. I'm gonna try not to weigh myself till I go to the Dr. in a month...It shouldn't be hard considering my scale isn't close to accurate. It's a cheapy I've had for yrs. Well, hope you guys are doing well. Talk to ya guys later.
Closed Thread