General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #76  

Aleka, I figured he had them. could see a spot in his one that he sees out of some. so figured that is why he loss his site in the other eye. he does real good yes. we move nothing. he sits on his little butt alot as no feeling in his back end. and cannot stand long periods of time. but he will just scoot around so cute to get around and does pretty good. this is just on slick surface like kitchen floor. i help him alot. so very thankful to have him.. he eats good and had loss some wt we changed his eating. I am so glad lacee is doing well in her new home and all. yes it takes awhile to get use to the weather. can be same but so different. your decorations sound nice. i put some lites up around inside of windows and on tree. i have been walking of evening just to see all the lites in neighborhood. gets me in mood. heading out this morning for some shopping.. i am not much of one. ha but figured got to get it done. a nice sunny day to do it. cool but i jsut go around no jacket.ha ha

esteban, hope your ww is going good.
Ledom... hope your doing good to. have a good day to all.LaDean
Old 12-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #77  

Default its me Judi...

Where did I put my login from before??

AURGGHHH! LaDean...MAYBE tuna does poison dogs?? I never heard that, maybe it does? I know I almost poisoned my dog Parasha...her recovery made into a journal of vet. medicine (I don't feel proud about that at all). I was giving her 0 points soup and it had onions in it and ONIONS unbeknown to me are poisonous to dogs, not garlic but ONIONS. I was horrified...when I found out. She had a seziure and I took her to the vet and that is what he said it was. Isn't that awful? I have to find out about the tuna.

Ledom, congrats! on the new car! What fun...even though it was unexpected I bet it is nice now. You house sounds SOOO nice!

Alice, I am glad to hear that Christmas displays are going up in your part of the world because it seems like they are getting less and less, well, that is if you can believe the media (for the most part I don't). For the first time in my life I am not putting up a tree or lights...though I have poinsettas and some directions around. I just don't feel like doing it this year. My D and the baby are coming on the 22nd and staying over night, so that will be nice. Yes, I am babysititng Bentley, the Boston and Dinah, the fat cat.

Esteban is doing good, his name morphed into "Ginzu" because of his sharp claws and his propensity to use them. (From Ginzu knives) He sits on my DH's lap for the whole day and then sleeps in his bed. When we were driving he sat in DH's lap the whole time. He is really spoiled by my hubby.

Glad to hear you cat family is doing well Ledom. Cats are like peanuts you want to keep having more...DH and I are always talking about getting one but our cat is so territorial, I don't think he would go for it at all. He likes Dinah though, he just sits and leers at her like a guy in a bar. She pretends she doesn't see him just sits washing her paws and face but always in his line of vision.

Alice, I will tell my D that Christmas is really celebrated in a big way in Hawaii, I think she thinks she will miss it.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:14 PM   #78  

Now i do not know for sure about the tuna.. but always heard that. my brother gave it to his dog though. never heard about onions. tuffy likes them. so thanks for sharing that. its so nice to come on board and share our babies on here. as that is what they are to each of us... ha let me know what you find out about the tuna.

TO ALL A GOOD DAY... AND THE PETS TO. HA
Old 12-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #79  

Hello everyone,

The only thing I do know that does poison dogs is chocolate. When you mentioned onions, something clicked in my brain, and I think I remember hearing that sometime ago. I never realized tuna was poison to dogs. I used to give our Boston, Shamrock tuna whenever I gave our cats some. HMMMM, you learn something new every day.

Judi, DH & I went to Hawaii 6 yrs. ago and I remember a tour director or someone, mentioning about the big celebration they have at Christmas and that would be a good time to return. Which island is she going to? She'll have a wonderful time. I didn't feel much like decorating this year, as it just doesn't seem like Christmas to me. But, once we got started I really got into it.

LaDean, your decorations sound lovely. When we lived in NH I put lights in the windows. But, where the windows are in the new house, nobody would see them. We have 2 livingroom windows and the window sills are very close to the floor. Outside there are a lot of bushes, so you would't be able to see them. The other windows face out to the side of the house, and nobody could really see them.

ledom, how is the new car running?

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #80  

Aleka, glad you decided to decorate some. i know its pretty to. gets me in the mood. ha Oh now i do not know if tuna is posion to dogs. and do not know where i heard that could be just thinking it cause salmon is. so ask to find out for sure . as my brother fed it to his dog and cat both to..

Ledom and judi... hope all is ok with the both of you....

I gained again yesterday darn..... a 1.50 just have not been a good girl with carbs. so believe me just got 2 weeks to do this. before christmas is better to. so its back to my 14 day introduction with the lowest carbs this week and next to. see in tops to become a kops and graduate at spring SRD our state meet i have to reach goal by end of the year. My friend already did and we want to graduate together. so she does not have to do it alone. so i got to get with it these 2 weeks. sometimes pressure helps me get with it. ha so got 4 lbs to lose.
well have a great weekend to all of you.... woooofffffff MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TUFFY TO ALL HIS LITTLE FRIENDS I HAVE MET HERE......
Old 12-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #81  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning girls! Are you ready for Christmas?!? Not me - but I am getting there. The tree is finally up. I have been cleaning all weekend. Tomorrow night I am having a dinner party, it's Winter Solstice and my friends and I love celebrating mother earth. I have a great menu planned and will be shopping for it today as well as the rest of the gifts to exchange with my friends.

Well, I have the best news to share with you. I thought I might wait until I had the official letter, but I want to tell you now. I have the received the best gift I can imagine - a sabbatical from work for the Fall 2005 semester!!!! I am beyond thankful and excited! The chair of the sabbatical committee told me Friday night at commencement. It just means so much to me. Of course I must be productive, but to have this gift of time in which to be productive is just the best thing ever.

On other notes, I am loving my new car, it was a good decision. I also had a fabulous day trip with my mother last week when we went to cut our tree. It was truly special and when I went to visit her yesterday she said she'd been thinking about it a lot too. We connected in a way that I don't remember in a long long time. Let me tell you a little about it. I have this fantastic childhood memory of camping with my parents when I was about 6. I guess it is the only time I ever went camping until I was an adult. It is a vivid memory that pops up every now and then. I had no idea where this occured, just knew it was by a river. Well while we were out my mother said "down that road there is where we camped that time." I was so thrilled to know where we had been and we drove back to that spot. It just brought back that weekend we were together and happy as a family to be in that place again, I so totally remembered the place. We had a great talk about my father, the old dog that was with us, how relaxed and happy we were on that holiday. I know that experience must have had a lot to do with how much I love the outdoors now. How camping and paddling on the lakes and rivers around here are such wonderful times for me. Anyway, it was a very nice day and I am so glad I got to revisit it with my mother. Real quality time.

Hope you all are enjoying the season and staying healthy. We'll be talking diet soon enough.

P.S. I planted a bed of pansies this weekend!

Last edited by ledom; 12-20-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #82  

ledom, what a nice story about the day with your mother. My mother & I also had some quality time together one fall and I am so glad we did because the following year she passed away. I often think about that day and it's a happy memory. We were canning a relish recipe from my great-grandmother. We had never done that before and we had a lot of laughs. Is your tree up yet or do you wait for Christmas Eve?

That's wonderful news about your sabbatical. Are you working on a special project? I hope you enjoy every minute of it, congratulations.

I am all ready for Christmas. The house is as decorated as it's going to get. Thankfully we're not the only house on the street without outside lights. We're talking about doing that next year. I don't remember if I've mentioned this before. But, they decorate so elaborately here in FL. At some houses, every square inch of the property is decorated. I would hate to pay their electric bill.

Glad that you're enjoying your new car.

judi, how are things going with you? Are you getting ready for Bentley? How are all the pets doing?

LaDean, how is the dieting coming along? Have you gone back to induction?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #83  

Aleka, so happy your all ready for christmas. yes theres people here who decorate yards and all like that to. so pretty. one i love and when i walk at nite see it. so pretty. i just put around windows and tree and use to put few outdoors. but hubby is so afraid of fires. so we like this and satifies us. ha puts me in mood. i got a few little things to do this week. but i like being out and doing them. just small ones. Yes this week back to introduction. 3 away from goal. so got to do it this week. have till end of year. so it was good to go on it this week. so praying alot.ha

Ledom. so glad you like your new car. there so nice. and glad you got the award and CONGRATULATIONS.. that is great for you and know your so happy. Hey so happy you and aleka to got to spend time with your mothers. i loss my mother in 1991 and my sister in 1994 so its so great to still have her around and be sure and share alot. as i wish i had . i lived in same town and was with my everyday. but just certain things about family history i never even thought about.. so is good those memories came up and you 2 could share. when i got my computere started searching family history. so much she could have answered.

Judi,,, hey hope all is going good your way...

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL OF YOU.... LaDean
Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 AM   #84  
Chick

Morning ladies. Party day and I am woefully behind on getting stuff done. I spent way too much time fighting traffic and looking for last minute gifts, etc. yesterday. When I got home I just collapsed on the couch - so now I need to really get with it. In just a minute though....see how I get in trouble?

Yes Alice, I have some big plans for my sabbatical. I need to get my digital skills freshened up so I can start offering a digital class. I have found a workshop in Santa Fe (my favorite place in the world) that has a school for just that sort of thing. I hope to take a couple trips out west as a matter of fact. I'll get to spend more time on ongoing projects here at home as well. AND, I see it as an opportunity to focus on my health (diet and exercise), my yard (a new flower bed), and my home (paint my bedroom and bathroom). Just so much I want to accomplish.

Well, I guess I'll go get with it. Everyone have a good day!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #85  

Good morning,

My ILs are coming for a visit tomorrow so I have some house cleaning to do today.

Yesterday DH & I had planned on going to the movies around noon. We got to the theater, which is a local mall. They were having some sort of incident in the theater where a fire truck was involved. The doors were locked into the theater and they weren't selling any tickets at that moment. That is usually the way things go for us. We can sure pick'em.

ledom, you must be so excited about going to your favorite city to brush up on your digital skills. How long will your classes be? You have your other projects well planned. I'm sure you'll accomplish everything. I can just imagine how much you're looking forward to this "break".

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:44 PM   #86  

hi, my day is going great. got a call this morning from out of town and a gift from a furniture store i had on call was in. so i am so happy. get for the daughter.. so all done now.. kinda gets me in the mood to get out and about.. so got it all wrapped and all. so just few little stocking things to go for tuffy. his is usually snacks so have to wait.. or he would have it all in a mess. has a strong little nose. at least hes still got it. ha ha he uses it to.. loves to eat.

Oh Ledom. that sounds so neat your new project and getting to travel to your favorite place and all for classes. i am so happy for you.. oh party time wish i was there to party.... have fun...
Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 AM   #87  
Chick

new thread now up girls
Closed Thread