General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 02:03 PM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

Default May 1st, -- "A new day, a new month, a new start......."

Let's go girls, let's get motivated again....I mean summer is almost here.....yikes!!!!

Ledom, weigh-in, because when you get down you will have a start point....OR DON'T .... and keep that jean skirt in sight and available at all times, and try it on....(I hope you ARE the one with the jean skirt...lol.....)

WW was good.... I enjoyed it....and there were 6 of us who joined so that's motivating too...I have to loose 30 lbs....

Son is doing very well with his chickenpox, itching has subsided, and now it's drying up.... I am still working Judi, till the end of June, but I did take a few days off to be with my son, my mom will stay with him wednesday, thurs, and friday... altho he could stay alone, he's 13, but I hate to do that if he's not feeling well... (I know I'm a mother hen).... I'm only a temp at this school I work at, but darn it all someone is always sick.... and FINALLY with Spring here.....YES girls there is NO NO NO, I repeat NO NO NO snow.... I wish I was not working....it's really gorgeous today too..... summer weather....at least 80 degrees....gotta love that....I'm off again tomorrow, so I will definitely take advantage of that....

Let's stay motivated girls....we CANNOT give up!!!!!! So let's keep in touch......and talking all the time...

Lana.....>>>>>>
Old 05-02-2001, 09:15 AM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default goodmorning..

At long last, today should be my last day at work if I finish the things on my desk. It is a great feeling. I am still deciding about whether to weigh. I know it will depress me, but maybe by not weighing the last couple months I have made things worse. I am going to submerge myself in reading about weight-loss and exercise, that sometimes can help me get going. The stress of work won't be an excuse I can fall back on in the coming days. I'm glad you guys are keeping the flame burning. I don't want to give up either, but I have to say I am struggling right now to get my head right on this.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:53 AM   #18  

Goodmorning girls!

Ledom! Soon you will have FREE time...that is what you need. Hang in there!

Lana, how are the children? Feeling o.k. I hope. Has your daughter shown any signs of the chicken pox yet?
Isn't WW a great program. I would like to go but I travel too much and those missed meetings get expensive. Though if I EVER get close to what I want to weigh I plan to join and be in there for the maintenance phase. Hmmm, that is a nice thought. A friend (a SLIM one) joined so that is motivating for me. Yesterday she came for lunch and we had homemade (veg.) pea soup =3 pts, bunch of cut up veggies = 0 points, yoplait mini dip = 1.5 points and strawberries = 1 point. It was so satisfying.

I have been doing good since Sunday. I am trying to do a good food week. Just feeling in CONTROL makes me feel better. I had a chance to stay at a swank Vancouver hotel this week with the DH who is in town for a conference but I resisted. (My DH is having a hard time belieiving it because it was a week on the 11th floor with a harbour view.) I knew if I would go that would be the end of the good eating...I couldn't resist the fabulous breakfasts etc. So I have stayed home. I just can't take too many temptations right now. I am on such shakey ground. I would much rather get out of this diet mire than luxuriate...time to be a sybarite when I weigh less.

I gardened a bit last night after the rain stopped, the spring flowers are so nice.

HANG IN THERE!! We CAN do it!!!

Last edited by judi; 05-02-2001 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:59 AM   #19  

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! Since Jan., things with me went from bad to worse. In Feb. my Dad became ill and he stayed with us between hospital visits. In March he passed away, and because we had so much snow all the cemeteries were closed, they just reopened, and we are having the burial next week. We also had to clean out his mobile home and that is up for sale. Needless to say, the diet and exercise department have gone by the wayside. I have gained about 8 lb., as I have been craving "comfort foods". Hopefully once things settle down I'll be able to get back on track.

Throughout all the bad things, 2 good things happened. We did get a new puppy, another Boston Terrier like Shamrock. We named her Lacee-Anne. She is adorable. I had really forgotten how frustrating it can be to train them. My best friend in Jr. High School, who I hadn't seen in about 40 yrs. came to my Dad's wake. She read it in the paper, and it turns out that for the past 20+ yrs. we haven't lived very far from one another.

I have missed talking with you. I have occasionally been lurking to see how you all were doing.

LEDOM~I was glad to see that you are Kyaking. Do you really like it? It sounds like a lot of fun. Now, aren't you glad you didn't wait?

JUDI~How are your doggies? I hope they are all well and doing fine. I hope that your DH medical tests came out alright.

SHEBACAT~How is your kitty doing?

LANA Sorry to hear about your son having the chicken pox. I had them when I was a child and the only fun thing about them was that I had to stay home from school. I do hope he is doing better.

Hello Bannod!

I hope everyone has a good week. Alice
Old 05-02-2001, 02:28 PM   #20  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default ALICE!!!!!

Welcome back! I am so sorry to hear about your father. You HAVE had a rough winter. I am so glad you are back with us now.

judi, sybarite - what a great word. You have mucho self-restraint because that room sounds fab. But I know what you mean, my fun weekend left me feeling not right with myself.

Well, just wanted to hop on and say hi to Alice. I am at work and shouldn't be doing this. I am still grading and looks as if I might be back tomorrow after all, it is going slow.
Old 05-02-2001, 06:03 PM   #21  
Call me BuBu

Default Swank hotels...

Judi, too bad you couldn't bring yourself to go, but I know what you mean. Routine is the safest refuge.

But some of those hotels have the *BEST* gyms and steam rooms...
Old 05-03-2001, 12:36 AM   #22  

YAAHOOOO ALICE!!! I am so glad you popped in, I have missed you!! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. These last number of months have been very rough for you. Though now you have another ray of sunshine...the new puppy! How wonderful!! You will have to tell us some dog stories later on. Thanks for asking about my babies...Marley is still full of P*** and vinegar but poor Parasha has gone down hill quite a bit. She has a hard time walking and when we travel we put her in a dog crate on the back seat so she doesn't get bumped around. She has a heart problem as well as old age. She still is a sweetie and has a GREAT appetite. (She looks like a little old lady now.)

Mrs. Yogi, HI! It is true that the hotel would probably have a great gym but if my track record for last while is any indication I think I would pass it over for the breakfast buffet. I do so much better with food at home. I also am a little (a lot) self conscious huffing and chuffing away around other people. I don't even let the DH come in and talk to me when I am on the treadmill. Just Marley, my dog...he puts his ball on the belt to watch it fly off. He is very uncritical

Hi Lana, Shebacat, Bannod and Ledom!

Alice, check in again sometime. It is so great to hear from you. Anyway our thoughts are with you. God Bless!
Old 05-03-2001, 12:21 PM   #23  
Call me BuBu

Default !

OMIGOD that is *so* cute about the dog, the ball and the treadmill...

Gotta be a terrier - they are so smart!
Old 05-03-2001, 01:16 PM   #24  

Mrs Yogi, nope...he is a Lhasa Apso. He is pretty smart I think, I swear he understands every word I say but they are STUBBORN dogs, they like to do what they want to do...if you want to do it too well it is o.k. with him. He has tons of toys and he positions them all over the house, sort of like his army. He is a real hoot. My older dog is a Lhasa Apso too and my DH has an Akita. We have a daughter who is away from home now so we always call him our "son".
Old 05-03-2001, 05:48 PM   #25  
Call me BuBu

Default Dogtalk

I call those "mop dogs" because their coats are so looooong...

And they are so clever! High maintenance? I should think so. Just try and keep up.

At least they don't get themselves all tangled up in the machine, that would really cut back on your exercise plan!
Old 05-04-2001, 10:49 AM   #26  

Hello everyone!
It is still very hot here, but believe me, I am not complaining. We are supposed to cool down sometime this afternoon, and tomorrow it's supposed to be about 40 deg. cooler than it has been. My flowers are really starting to come up now. Last year at this time I was complaining about too much rain. This year we've had hardly a drop so far.

JUDI~I'm so sorry to hear about Parasha. Does she also have arthritus? Is she on any medication for her heart problem? Please keep me posted on how she is doing. I feel like I really know her and Marley through your posts. That's a riot about the treadmill and Marley's ball. That I would like to see. I can relate to the toys all over the floor. I am forever stubbing my toe against something. My favorite thing is stepping on those plastic "nubby" chew bones in my bare feet.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Alice
Closed Thread