General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 09:10 PM   #16  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hi, Guys!

Lorelei, congrats on your loss! That's really great! Didn't it feel great to first, make it under 300, now out of the 290's? I feel that way about the 200's. I just want to get to 199 first!

I'm losing it and Dawnyal: I'll probably start posting what I eat in a day so I have to be accountable to someone or something! As far as being filled up, I usually eat one regular meal, then snack all day long...well, all night long. I have a SF bar if I feel a craving for chocolate. I don't eat much in the morning because I'm so busy, so the SF bars come in handy. I never have the shakes...only if I don't have any bars. My BF drinks the premade shakes so they are always around.

I work second shift in a quiet, lonely office, and it's hard not to snack, so I pack healthy snacks for myself and agree to have at least 12 oz of water with each snack and not to eat anything besides what I pack for myself unless I have already eaten everything I have. Today, I was bombarded with food at work...I was offered cookies, and pizza, but denied it all! By the time I've eaten everything I packed for snacks,it's almost time to go home and I'm too full to eat anything else. Anyway, here's my day:

9am - class. I had a SF bar on the way there
10am - to the gym
12pm- made fat-free vegetarian sloppy joes w/ a potato hamburger bun and broiled steak fries
1pm- can of diet cherry coke
2pm- can of diet cherry coke
4pm- carrot sticks
5pm-more carrot sticks
6pm-serving of pretzels
7pm-can of sliced carrots
7.30pm-fruit cup
8pm-SF bar

I've decided instead of try to avoid snacking at work, I'd promote it and make myself snack instead of having a meal and drink lots of water. I usually don't have 2 SF bars, but I needed chocolate!
Old 04-05-2001, 07:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I gave in to my munchies last night
It wasn't too bad. I ate least ate fat free cruton...only 5 calories per serving. But I probably had way more than 1 serving and it was before I went to bed. I'm getting back on track.

Girlie---> Congratulations on turning down the cookies and pizza. I know how hard that can be sometimes, especially when you have people tell you 'one little bite won't hurt you!' Yeah right. With pizza, one bite could turn into several and then slices.

I know pizza is a weakness with me, so when I start craving it, I make a homemade on that has very few calories and little fat. It's a veggie pizza and I didn't miss the meat on it.

Good luck to everyone today.
Dawnyal
Old 04-05-2001, 08:30 PM   #18  
hot mom wanna be!

Default thanks for all the congrats!

I am still on cloud 9! It's funny how to me 24 seems like WAY more than 20 pounds!

Barbygirl-try not to beat yourself up too much. Sometimes I give into cravings like a Hershey's Bar but I just count it towards my total days calories. Theres not too much you can do about it late at night though!

Do any of you have unsupportive boyfriends or spouses? My husband isn't very supportive. If I tell him I've lost X amt of pounds all I get is "that's good". Sometimes he will say "well you've lost this so many times before" like he is expecting me to fail. Boy does that make me mad!! I won't let it turn into a binge
excuse though. He just can't relate since he's never tried to lose weight. I guess that's why I come here
for more support than he can give.

Ballys was nice but I didn't join-I still get to use it free for a week. They tried their best though!! LOL

Have a good night!
Lorelei
Old 04-05-2001, 11:37 PM   #19  

lorelei-->I haven't beaten mysefl up too bad Because I know this is a lifestyle change and if I choose to have a late night snack, it is not cheating. I also realize that every time I give in to those late night snacks, I am setting back my time table to reach my goal.

I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't very supportive. It sounds to me like he's afraid of you changing. He's afraid when (notice I said when and not if) you reach your goal, you won't want him anymore and so he feels insecure and he's secretly hoping you won't succeed. I've seen many husbands go through that.
Fortunately my husband is very supportive. He also I think when I get more than 12 pounds off this body and start to reallly notice a difference, he might not be as suportive, but we'll face that hurdle when it gets here.

Just don't let him get you down. You'll reach your goal, with or without his support.

Take care,
Dawnyal
Old 04-06-2001, 11:43 PM   #20  
hot mom wanna be!

Barbygirl aka Dawnyal I bet you are right. I think of course every man wants a good looking woman with a great bod-but not too great for him to be threatened! What if she looks so good some other guys now want her?? These guys can be so dumb, like if you lose weight you will be "on the prowl" for a new man!! Thanks for listening!! For the most part he's supportive but I know I can't expect him to be a great cheerleader. I have lost 50 pounds before several times so he probably expects me to lose and then gain it back as always. I do feel like this time is different though. I just can't keep doing this to myself! I want to get to a good healthy weight and stay there!! I know this means keeping track of what I eat even when I am at goal and exercising too. I think I finally have come to the sad reality that there is no magic pill that's gonna do it! It takes effort!!
(Sorrry for the novel!!)

Tommorow is my son's birthday (April 7) He will be 6 years old. Hard to believe how fast time flies!! We have 12 RSVP's for his Chuck E Cheese party!! Talk about expensive-but he's worth it!!

Happy Saturday everyone-
Lorelei
(hoping for a great weigh in on Sunday)
Old 04-07-2001, 02:14 PM   #21  

Default Need positive vibes

I have just started using slimfast products after not trying anything for a while. I didnt see any hope because I had always regained. But I want to feel the optimism and motivation of feeling like im losing weight again.
I really appreciate that this conduit/forum is available.

Thanks, Ken
Old 04-07-2001, 03:04 PM   #22  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Hey Ken! Welcome to the site. I am farely new myself but I love it hear. My internet sister I've known for 3 years told me about this site and I've been addicted for 4 weeks now!

I too have the lack of motivation, but since I recently had a heart scare and spent a couple days in the hospital I feel very motiviated! I think a lot of the motivation part has to do with the inner self and stepping out of the comfort zone. I was always a chubby kid, but didn't really put most of my weight on until High School. I ate to deal with my emotions and stresses of family life as well as school. Now almost 10 years after high school I'm paying the price for my miss use of food. I'm 27 and due to the hospital visit thing I'm feeling very determined to work at making myself healthy. I may have days I'm not motivated and I probably will falter, but I'm trying to wipe out the negative thoughts that would carry me further down the off program track. So like they say in Texas, When you fall off the horse you have to get right back on!

I am including Slim Fast/Drink Shakes in my diet as well. I'm not following the slim fast plan though. I'm doing a low fat diet, but since I'm not a big breakfast person my doctor suggested doing the shake for BF and maybe as a snack later in the day. He also suggested not just 3 meals aday but divide the meals up and eat several small meals and maybe include health bars like Cliff or Power Bar something that has protien, so I don't feel compelled to sit down with a container of Pringles! We'll see how it goes. I hope you find your motivation and support here. I have found such great new friends here and I hope to continue to find new ones.

Again welcome and good luck with your plan! Don't give up.

Jamie
Old 04-08-2001, 07:43 PM   #23  

Welcome aboard Ken and Daise

I'm still here, chugging along. I too almost lost my motivation, but I'm not about to give up because as I said before, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Part of the reason I'm feeling down is because I really expected to lose a lot more weight than just 12 pounds in one month at the beginning (especially when you have 165 to lose!)

I'm still and I'm sticking to my plan. I tried the orange pineapple with soy-protein pre-mix this morning and it tastes great!!! I'm going to go buy me several more boxes of it while wal-mart has it.

Good luck to everyone losing.
Dawnyal
Old 04-09-2001, 09:25 AM   #24  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Another pound bites the dust! LOL

Welcome Ken and Daise from me too! I think you will like it here. Most of us do our own thing but use Slim Fast shakes and or bars as part of our healthier eating plans.

Well, I weighed in this morning and I have lost another pound! I am very happy!! I too was hoping it would just
"fall off" super fast since I have so much to lose as well,
Barbygirl. Hey, look we weigh exactly the same now!!
(Aren't we both just THRILLED that we weigh 288!!)LOL
It sure beats 313 though. I will be glad when I can wear
a size smaller in jeans. My 26's are slightly loose but not enough were I'd have to get 24's. Hopfully soon though!

I know mostly the reason it's not falling off as fast as I'd like is because I allow myself 2000 calories a day. I can still lose with 2000 but not at a very fast rate. I figure if I went to 1500 or 1800 it would come off faster but I don't want my metabolism to think it's "starving" by dropping my calories too fast. Then it lowers your metabolism to adjust itself to less food! As long as I can atleast lose a pound a week I will stick to 2000 a day. No since feeling like I am starving!!

Lorelei
(313/288/282 10% goal)
283 Easter goal-how can I lose 5 pounds in 6 days?? LOL
Old 04-09-2001, 12:44 PM   #25  
Puds mum!

Default Hello!

I just wanted to stop by abnd say I think you guys are doing great. I too love slimfast "but" I can never stay on it for more then 3 days at a time then I binge for a day and resume...lol. I know thats terrible but it worked for me. I did lose an incredible amount of weight on it right away(about 1 lb a day over 3 weeks sometimes) but the problem with what I did is I didn't have snacks just two shakes a day with protein and veggies for dinner. I don't reccomend it. Thats probably why I binged. I think I mightto try it again after having baby #2 in August.I have a hard time with WW sometimes and the latitiude they give you.I have started to gain alot this week so I am thinking if it. Oh well I just wanted to stop by!Good luck!

Sarah:-)
Mom to Abigail and Jackson edd 08/08!
Old 04-09-2001, 05:57 PM   #26  

Default Yummy Bar Flavors!!

Wow - I tried some On the Go Bars for the first time this past week - the Toasted Oats and Spice ones are OUT OF THIS WORLD, in my humble opinion! The brownie ones are wonderful too!!!! They seem a lot softer and moister than the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ones to me.

Jennifer
Old 04-09-2001, 07:42 PM   #27  

Default Thanks for the Welcome !

Ive been drinking 2 drinks and eating 1 bar and I feel like Ive been eating alot (too much?) of other food, because it doesnt keep me satisfied.

I noticed that some of you said that you were eating a lunch and then drinking a shake for dinner. Is that all you have at night?

I feel like a pig. Is one shake after 2-3 PM really enough? or is there something else I need to know? Any advice, tricks, or secrets? - You can tell me - Im a good guy.

Thanks, Ken
Old 04-09-2001, 09:40 PM   #28  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey Yall!

Welcome Ken and Daise!

Daise - I find that I'm not a breakfast person either...I know they say you should eat something, but I'd rather make lunch my first meal. I snack a lot during the night time.

Ken - I don't totally follow the SF diet. Most days I just have one bar as my "sweet" for the day. Some days I don't have one at all. As far as I go, as I mentioned before, I snack a lot during the late afternoon and night. You just have to realize when it is that you eat the most, and plan you SF diet around that. So if you're like me and you eat mostly at night, have your shakes and or bar early, and snack and have your meal at night. Here's what I ate today:

9am - water on the way to class
10am - to the gym/water
12NOON - a bit of veggies/rice
3pm - 6 tea biscuits (22cals each)
4pm - 15 peppermint patty "bites"
5pm - about 15 mini spelt pretzels
6pm - soy "turkey" sandwich on lite wheat bread, lettuce, fat free cheese
6.30p - 6oz soy milk
8pm - small can of lite pears, drained juice/water

It looks like I eat a lot because toward the evening I eat every hour...but the portions are controlled..I do this on purpose, so I know I have something and don't get so hungry that I'll grab something 'bad' on impulse. I always give myself something sweet too. I chose the peppermint patty bites because a SF bar seemed a bit too heavy at the moment. I've been following this plan for about a month and it seems to be working well. I usually have carrot sticks to much on as a 'free' type of food. They are filling and good for you, and I let myself eat all I want.

I hope all of you are doing well. I was just down one pound this week...but I think I might be able to hit my goal of 199 by Easter.
Old 04-09-2001, 10:18 PM   #29  

Ken---> I usually have my large meal at lunchtime too.
I have a shake or meal on the go bar for breakfast
A snack of either a slimfast snack bar or fruit around 10 a.m., my lunch at noon, a slimfast snack bar at 3 p.m., shake for dinner between 5 and 6 p.m. and snack on either pretzels or water veggies (carrots, cucumbers, celery) while I watch tv.
This works for me and fills me up. I know some people have to have more in the evenings. I've found though, that I lose better by having the heavier meal in the afternoon. I can burn the calories off better.
Hope this helps.
Dawnyal
Old 04-09-2001, 11:41 PM   #30  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for the welcome! My doctor suggested Slimfast as an addition to my low fat lifestyle change. He said it woud be a good option for breakfast and then have a shake with my lunch. He told me not to cut out dinner, that dinner should be my larger meal. He really advised having small mini meals. So I have been doing that. I do have my 3 meals planned but I use power bars or fruit as my snacks. I'm a salt addic but this has been working for me. I too have about 165 to loose and with a recent hospital visit on my list of motivations I'm determined to do it! The shake for breakfast really seems to be helping. I work evenings from 2:30 to 11pm so my eating schedule is caotic anyways. I haven't weighed in yet since this weekend so we shall see how this week goes.

I didn't like any of the slimfast bars, but I like some of the power bar and I love Luna Bars by Cliff. Cliff bars also has a great Carrot Cake bar! Yum!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Jamie
Closed Thread