General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Question about Alli

First, I apologize if this is the wrong forum. This is my first post Please let me know if there's a more appropriate place for this question.

If you max out the fat grams per meal (15g) that's 135 calories from fat each meal (at 9 calories per gram). If Alli removes 25% of that, it equals 33.75 calories per meal, 101.25 calories per day, or 708.75 calories per week. So at the maximum amount of fat grams, it would take 5 weeks to lose an additional pound (3,543.75 calories). Yet the site states it increases your weight loss by 50%. Are they assuming people only lose 2 lbs. every 5 weeks, or am I figuring this wrong? I haven't seen this calculation anywhere, but it was easy enough to do.
Diesel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

I don't know the answer to your question, but what I do know from a friend taking it is the only way it "removed fat" from things she ate was by giving her horrendous diarrhea when she ate anything with fat in it. Just a (completely unsolicited) warning...

Last edited by nonameslob; 05-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Uncontrollable anal leakage. That is all you need to know about alli! Haha
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #4  

Default So I've been taking it 2 days now and..

no problems so far, but I'm down 2 lbs! Maybe my beginning weight was some fluid retention, etc., but I've been hovering around 149-150 and yesterday I was 147.4, and today 147 even. TMI - things are "softer" but no oil or leakage. I try to keep fat around 15g per meal and that part is easier than I thought, but we'll see long-term.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #5  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

I took it a few years ago and had no issues at all, but I never ate over 15g of fat per meal. I didn't finish my bottle, but not because of side effects. I'm glad you're having luck!

Last edited by HIheart; 05-12-2015 at 10:54 PM.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:54 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I don't know the answer to your question, but what I do know from a friend taking it is the only way it "removed fat" from things she ate was by giving her horrendous diarrhea when she ate anything with fat in it. Just a (completely unsolicited) warning...

There is not a "MAGIC" pill! Do you really want to suffer from, chronic gastroenteritis, (the back door trots) to lose?

A healthy lifestyle, with lean protein, fruit and or veg, and whole grains, done in a natural state, like steel cut oats, barley, brown rice, etc. in "proper serving size", and regular activity, and you will lose.

1-2 pounds a week, is the recommended. Slow and steady!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Uncontrollable anal leakage. That is all you need to know about alli! Haha
Yes this is true and part of the reason it was banned for so long. Don't be fooled by this product. I would not trust taking this if I ever had to leave my house! lol
KickinIt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:43 PM   #8  

Default Well, no, not true.

Alli was never banned. It was taken off the market due to product-tampering in several states. The side-effects described are a direct result of NOT following the instructions; there is no surprise - if you over-consume fat it WILL pass through your colon. The manufacturer has always been aware of this and it has always been disclosed. This will not occur if taken as directed.

I never implied it was a "MAGIC PILL".

A lot of hate based on misinformation out there, geez. Thanks for assuming I don't know what a healthy diet is, don't follow directions and/or don't do my own research. I think it would be apparent by my top post that I don't just blindly trust marketing ploys.

I didn't come here to get bashed. There was only one follow up poster that gave useful feedback based on actual personal usage. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Just going to point out that the side effects can happen even if you don't over-consume fat. Myself, my mother, and my sister all got the lovely "anal leakage" stuff a few weeks into taking the pill. We were all following the diet. I can speak for myself in that I was definitely doing it.. and my mom and my sister I'm 90% confident were following it to a T as well. They're usually more strict with diets than I am. I also didn't see any increase in weight loss over just doing the diet alone. It followed the standard of bigger losses at the start and then evening out to 1-2lbs per week. Maybe it would have resulted in an extra pound every 5 weeks as you pointed out, but really I wouldn't risk taking the pill when it could cause liver damage long term for an extra 1lb every 5 weeks.

No one is bashing you. There are a ton of people that come here for a magic based pill, and even more that come here only looking for people to agree with them. When people disagree they take it as a personal attack, lash out at the forums, and then leave. Most of us here have battled with obesity, or being overweight, for a large part of our lives and have had many many failed diets, many of which include pills we thought would help because all the information seemed to say yes, this is awesome. That isn't how it goes though. People are just trying to make you aware of that in case you're one that has been blinded by the marketing stuff (because often people think they've done their research but only pay attention to what they want to hear). It may sound harsh, but people are just trying to help based on their own experiences.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #10  

I wanted to add an update about my Alli experience so far. I'm down to 141.4 lbs., which is an 8 lb loss in under a month. Previously I was losing a lb a week or slightly more. My weight loss has increased as some weeks I'm losing up to 3 lbs (this past month I did have a splurge weekend getaway which set me back a bit). I only take 1-2 pills a day, not the recommended 3, as some of my meals have little to no fat. I love taking the pill when eating out because so many restaurant meals include 'hidden fat' (corn cooked in butter, brussel sprouts sauteed in bacon fat, oils and cream added for flavor). As fat is so calorie dense it can really add up. No significant side effects, but I do work from home so restroom breaks are not such a concern. So far I'm pleased with the product.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel123 View Post
First, I apologize if this is the wrong forum. This is my first post Please let me know if there's a more appropriate place for this question.

If you max out the fat grams per meal (15g) that's 135 calories from fat each meal (at 9 calories per gram). If Alli removes 25% of that, it equals 33.75 calories per meal, 101.25 calories per day, or 708.75 calories per week. So at the maximum amount of fat grams, it would take 5 weeks to lose an additional pound (3,543.75 calories). Yet the site states it increases your weight loss by 50%. Are they assuming people only lose 2 lbs. every 5 weeks, or am I figuring this wrong? I haven't seen this calculation anywhere, but it was easy enough to do.
i just do not to eat any medicine no matter it is good or not . i think we have many choices if we want . why to choose medicine ?
clairelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #12  

Because weight loss is an incredibly difficult struggle; otherwise we wouldn't be here. I'm down to 136 now. I don't take Alli will meals that have either an extremely low or high fat content. I might also add that my husband has been taking the pill and his trigliceride level has noticeably lowered.