General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #1  

Default Need help getting started!!!!

I need help getting starting my weight lose journey again. I had lost over 50 pounds hurt my neck and gained back 100 pounds.

I try to start but I over think it way too much for some weird reason. I think ok breakfast I want high fiber then I think no high protein so I go back and forth from an egg omelet with veggies and beans to all bran buds berries and milk. And I never actually do either.

I do not like salads but I know you needs lots of veggies raw and cooked so I start ok maybe I should buy the NutriBullet and make veggie smoothies but never have.

I tend to think as I am now over 400 pounds I needs well over 100 grams of protein but I read that no one really needs more then that unless your lifting heavy weights. So I think ok over 100 grams of protein I can not have cereal for breakfast as skim milk has 9 grams of protein and then I would need over 50 grams for lunch and supper.

I am basically just asking if members could put some of my thinking to rest and share how they started please and thanks.

Thanks for any and all help...
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh my, yes, I think you are overthinking it just a bit. All you need to do is get started. It can be with something simple like reducing the size of your portions. If carbs tend to make you crave more carbs, then have eggs for breakfast. If you don't have a sensitivity to carbs, eat All-Bran if that's what you feel like eating. If you don't like salads, but would like to start eating more veggies, a smoothie is a great idea, but you could also start reading up on different recipes for vegetables and try different things and then stick with the ones you like. The important thing is just to get started, one way or another. Baby steps are fine as long as you are taking them! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote