General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Default Dieting While Pregnant?

Hello! A while back, I lost almost 80 pounds and then maintained that for a year after getting busy with work and school, and now I'm 22 weeks pregnant! I'm so excited, but after working hard to lose weight and keeping off what I lost so far, the weight gain isn't very fun.

I've gained 10 pounds since the baby, and want to keep the gain 15-20 pounds (recommended range for mothers who are overweight).

I'm going to talk to my doctor and ask about what I can do while pregnant, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience, particularly with counting calories? The weather has been nice enough to walk, which I've been doing. My fiance/the daddy is a healthy eater so that helps, too. The biggest problem is I crave sweet stuff a lot, I'm even starting to drink soda which I haven't for years until becoming pregnant ! I'm also hungry more frequently, craving snacks when I use to stick to 3 meals a day. Any advice would be helpful!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!

I had the strangest cravings, while pregnant!

It is the one time, in life, that no matter how many times you do it, your body, will throw you curve balls, and basically desert you!

It's ok! The end result is worth it!

Personally, I am not a fan of super spicey Mexican food, but while pregnant, I could not get enough!

Take a breath! Your body is making a new PERSON! In my case it was twins! And all bets were off. My body, did totally weird stuff.

Patience!

You will get through this, and the post baby stuff, and eventually, you will again be a sane person!

I also reverted to OLD COKE, Cheeseburgers, and Raspberry sherbert. Who knew, I had never eaten that flavor, but dang! It was awesome! My kids are 34, I have 4 grandkids, have not touched the Raspberry sherbert since.

Patience! Do the best you can, and embrace it! It's a once in a lifetime experience! And so totally worth it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Thank you so much . I just need to try to watch what I eat then let my body sort the rest out! We find out the gender next week, I'm so excited!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote