General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/256/140

Height: 5ft 4

Default Disappointed...

I bought a new scale today - more accurate than the two others I'd been using which are REALLY old (like 10 yrs).

My starting weight was 290, and my other scale was telling me I was 247. Turns out I'm 255. Kinda bummed about that, since I've VERY overweight and I've only lost 35lbs in 4 months? So yeah, kinda sad. I thought weight loss wouldn't slow down until at least 200.

I'm doing HIIT a couple of times a week for 30mins and the rowing machine twice a week for 40 minutes, as well as strength training (free weights/sit ups/lunges/squats/planks) 3 times per week.

Is that good enough for weight loss?

I'm just REALLY disappointed right now as in 4 months I wanted to be 50lbs down considering I'm really obese.
Violeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

don't get yourself too down. You're doing wonderful! Just keep plugging away you will get there!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #3  

If your start was 290 and it went to 247, that is still 43lbs lost in 4 months which is excellent! I totally understand the frustration with the number being off but don't let that stop you now! It does not discount the hard work nor discount the excellent progress you have made. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by TheLastStraw323; 12-22-2014 at 04:35 PM.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #4  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

So you're upset over a false representation of gravity vs another representation of gravity?

How do you feel with the amazing progress you've made so far? Would you ever go back to where you were before? How do you feel after these amazing workouts?

Let's keep a positive attitude, ok?
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Violeta, You are doing fantastic!!! And you're working hard to lose it too!! You should be so proud of all you've accomplished. The process from start to finish will always take us longer than we'd like, but we can get there!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

Keep it up!!! Your fitness efforts are amazing!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/ticker/240

Height: 6' 4"

I think losing weight slowly but steadily is easier on your body, and gradual adjustments to your lifestyle (rather than drastic ones that result in rapid weight loss) makes it more likely for you to succeed in keeping it off. Sometimes I hear of rapid weight loss from massive calorie restriction and insane amounts of exercise, and I think, that's not sustainable. I hope the best for people who lose, say, 100 lbs in 3 months, but I want to ask, what's your hurry?

I'd be patient, stay the course, and go ahead and lose weight slowly. Think of this as a lifelong change rather than a quick fix.
superfluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I know, we like the scale, because, it gives us quick results.

However, all it really does, is give us a number, that defines the weight of our body in relation to gravitational pull.

On this journey, there are a lot of things, that are more important.

Learning that good food can be good for you and satisfying. Learning that exercise, is not just for weight loss, but that it is good for you. And learning to enjoy it. Learning, about triggers, fending off food pushers, getting enough rest. Learning how to fuel you body, properly, so you can attain goals! Learning balance. One slice of cake at a wedding, won't end the world! And so on and so forth!

The journey to a *healthy* lifestyle, is not a 100 meter sprint! It's a lifetime marathon.

Have patience!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote