General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

Default 2 Day Diet

Trying to eat right and walk more now that the weather is finally warming up. Trying to increase my veggies.
Saw on line a 2 day diet. You eat what you want -- but healthy-- for 5 days. The other -2- days you do low carb.
For 2 days avoid bread, pasta, potatoes, sugary things. Eat more protein -- eggs, fish, chicken with greens and non starch veggies.
Anyone ever tried it? Studies show people lost weight. Sounds super easy or am I missing something?
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

No replies but looking at the IntFasting thread 5.2, I am guessing this could be similar?
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

5:2 diet is a bit different in that there is a significant caloric deficit on those two fasting days (you only eat up to 500 calories). Most people, myself included, do tend to eat no or low carbs, higher in protein and healthy fats on fasting days because you get more "bang for your buck" with your 500 calories. Lots of veggies, too.

I would think that by only restricting what you eat two days a week, rather than necessarily how much, you may not actually get any sort of calorie deficit. Or it may be very small. But you never know until you try!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5.9

I have never tried this diet but I think it can be effecive enought to help you lose some pounds. Also, I think it won't be hard to keep to such diet. That's great 'cause sometimes it's so difficult to keep to all rules of a diet.
Well, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Tell me about your results.
fatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #5  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post

Keeping a food diary helps a lot too.

Especially learning how to rate hunger and satiety before and after each meal.
Could you describe this in a little more detail? Do you write a scale of 1-10 or narrative, or both? Also, being somewhat lazy about this sort of thing, I'm interested in your experience of how it helps over and above logging in what you eat? Thank-you!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfoot View Post
I have never tried this diet but I think it can be effecive enought to help you lose some pounds. Also, I think it won't be hard to keep to such diet. That's great 'cause sometimes it's so difficult to keep to all rules of a diet.
Well, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Tell me about your results.

I don't think the original poster is coming back, but this looks like the plan she's talking about.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-los...lan-2-day-diet

It looks good, but you have to keep in mind that you are not going to be stuffing yourself for 5 days and then dieting for 2. You need to eat healthy from all the food groups and then cut the carbs for 2 days.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote