General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default frozen food?

So im a lazy cook.Im trying to change that by making one meal a week at home. I love frozen veggies because they stay so well.I was thinking of making zuchinni noodles with meatballs but i was thinking about using frozen meatballs.What do you think about frozen foods like meatball?
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #2  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

I would just look carefully at the ingredient list. I notice that frozen foods, even "healthy" low cal ones are very very processed.
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I always keep frozen meatballs on hand, but I make them myself. They are SO easy to cook and freeze. It takes me about 10 minutes of hands-on time.

Turkey/zucchini meatballs:
Shred 1-2 zucchini and squeeze most of the liquid out. Mix with 1lb ground turkey, 1 egg, seasoning, parmesan cheese, and choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or simmer in sauce.

Freezing it on the cookie sheet makes it so that the meatballs don't stick together in one big frozen block so you can take out whatever you need at a time.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #4  

For me they're full of sodium and they don't taste very good. I'd much rather make meatballs at home. I use a mixture of veal, lamb, and pork for mine with fresh herbs. I, however, enjoy the process of cooking. If you want to use frozen meatballs and like the taste then go for it. I'd just recommend finding a quality brand with more meat and less fillers.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote