General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #61  
I believe I can fly

S/C/G: 225/157/140

Height: 5'6

How's everything going ladies? I have been sticking to my calories or under. But I had some alcohol drinks and I am paying for it still 3 days later. Gained a total of 2 lbs even with exercise. It sucks that its effecting me this way. But just gotta keep going and not get discouraged.
April showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #62  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Hey everyone, Sorry I've been absent for a while, been busy busy busy. Today is day 3 of being fully back on plan, I am managing my full exercise routine again (being careful of my back but it seems to be fully mended), I'm finding it much easy to stay right with my calories now I'm back to exercising as well. Had a sneaky look on the scales this morning and it's gradually moving down so I'm slowly undoing the damage of my two weeks AWOL! How are you guys all getting on?
April - that's a good attitude, sometimes life happens, I'm sure you'll shed those naughty alcohol lbs soon!

I was feeling guilty exercising when I'm looking after my nephew, his mum has just gone back to work after 6 years being a single stay at home mum, but I found a way around it - he joins in! He was so excited about joining in with my exercise dvd on Monday evening. He put me to shame with the jumping jacks (where do they get all their energy from?!) had a very good attempt doing some strength training (using the teeny tiny weights I started out using, and being very careful obviously), and then had a well deserved rest while I did abs work! I got an ace workout in, he had fun and he's enjoying being active, success all around! He even ate all his vegetables afterwards - good habits will be passed on!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #63  

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning Ladies! I've had a fairly good week but have no idea what the scale will hold. I'm higher in my carb count than I would like (mostly thanks to the two fruits I eat per day). I'm not counting my carbs, persay, but on MFP it flashes red at me every day which makes me feel like that's something I need to work on.

I ordered a DVD called "Strong Knees" which has some exercises to help strengthen knees. My ultimate goal is to work on the C25K, but my bad knees just won't allow it right now.....so my initial goal is to do the DVD.

Purplekitten - It sounds like you had been struggling but you're back on track! Managing cravings is definitely a mental and not a physical thing. I'm a Christian, and this time every time I'm having a craving or feeling like a binge, I pray about it. It has worked wonders for me so far, but I know I'm early in the game. Great idea about exercising with your nephew - sounds like you are on a great path!

April - Sorry about the gain Are you maybe hanging onto some water weight? Hopefully it comes off quickly!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #64  
is stronger than this

Laura - good luck with your knees! I love exercise dvds, never thought I would but it's just so easy to fit into my schedule - no traveling time, no weather problems, no other people to feel self conscious around! Also, I feel the same with MFP, never considered carbs before but when it flashes red I feel like a naughty school child or something!

Btw, my name is Becky - just realised I never said haha
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #65  
I believe I can fly

Hello ladies,
I lost those alcohol lbs and another lb this week. Sticking to my diet and exercise routine. Work outb5 days a week and one of those days are with a trainer cause I suck at weights. Sometimes I think I am maybe not getting enough calories but I am to afraid to increase them to see what happens.
-My workouts pretty much consist of doing the elliptical for 60 min. My trainer said to much cardio could hurt me but idk.
-I think anything I get in is better than nothing just can't seem to get into the weights it's so boring.
-MFP I'm not sure where it gets its #'s, but I just try to watch the ratios of carb/fats/protein wheel that they have.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #66  
is stronger than this

Good Evening lovely ladies!

April - well done on shifting those alcohol lbs, and one on top - good job!

I'm in a good mood (in case you couldn't tell), I just had another back physio session thing and been given the all clear basically, he wants to see me in a month but I seem to be back to full health - only downside is I have to take it easy tonight so no normal workout, just a gentle one Also, sneaked a look at my scale this morning - 225 so I'm back on track to my pre-AWOL weight - so I treated myself to some pampering stuff to make me feel good on the outside too

Life is good today
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #67  
I believe I can fly

Ugh, it's Monday again what is everyone up to this week. Any plans for valentines day? My husband and I will be going to the gym when we get off work. And believe it or not that's all I want to do. I'm very determine for weight loss and don't want to break my routine that I have going! Have a good week.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #68  
is stronger than this

My week has be CRAZY busy so far, work has been completely mental - so stressful, but I've managed to not turn to food to destress - exercise has become my new comfort! Yesterday was the worst day, and I got home and wanted nothing more than to curl up in my bed and go to sleep BUT I fought through it and did 30DS and felt FAB after, I managed to do every single one of the jumping jacks (which you may not understand if you haven't done it but they are SAVAGE) and managed to get through all of the circuits so I'm really proud of myself!

I think a valentines day date to the gym sounds awesome - I haven't sorted my gym membership yet but I plan to do my work out with my fiance and then cook him his favourite dinner (I've already worked out a healthier version for me) and probably just cuddle up and watch a movie.

Hope everyone is having a good week