General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #31  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi, I am glad you have room for one more to join in. I am hoping this will help me with my struggle to lose weight. My goals for this month are:

1. follow my eatting plan
2. exercise 5 days a week ( cardio, weights, pilates)
3. not to eat after 8:30pm
4. get in all of my water
5. journal
Old 01-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #32  

Happy Monday, everyone!

It's great to see so much activity over the weekend. I would have logged on, in fact I tried one time but then DH needed to get on the phone, and then we're also getting a new motherboard so that left me out of commission part of the weekend while we get everything set up. :-)

Anywho - I am proud to say I _did_ come home on Friday night and make my thai cashew chicken so I finished strong. I wasn't so strong this weekend, but... that's because a dear friend invited me to do a 2-week detox diet with her beginning today. So I was focused on getting set for that and while I did OK there's that part of you that wants to squeeze a few unmentionables in first.

But I'm excited about doing a cleanse. I have not done one for 3 years and I'm due. It's strict, but simple. It's all about vegetables, fruits, and lean, clean proteins (fish, egg whites, skinless chicken, even lean beef) and some herbal and nutritional supplements that aid the detoxification process.

I also think that it will help me break from certain eating habits I've picked up, to change my diet in a big way for a couple of weeks. I tend to feel self-justified about eating?

Okay, gotta run, more to say later but I was so excited about my plan I had to share.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #33  

Welcome, its_my_life!
Old 01-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Ladies...

I am feeling like such a loser, and I mean in a bad way! . My back and shoulders have been killing me the past few weeks, due to stress. I won't bore you all w/ the details, but will say that I haven't a pay check in weeks, and Cheyenne's b-day party is this weekend. Long story short, I start my new job this Thursday. We only get paid once a month (which totaly doesn't work for me, at the moment!), but hey I wasable to finagle another $5k a year out of 'em. I'll try to be back in the next few weeks, but I'll be training and part of the is learning ISO 9000 and a couple of others.

I hope everyone had an awesome New Year and I'll try to lurk when I can.... I totally miss you guys!!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 04:20 PM   #35  
DNW

Cafe: You sound really motivated and excited about this new plan...please update us frequently.

Dyan: please try to fit us in when you can cause we always miss you when you don't post. It's got to be awful for you right now, hopefully everything will fall into place but meanwhile I hear you about Cheynne's B'Day this weekend, hope you can work some magic for her.

Just remember if you can stay on plan you will have one less thing to feel bad about...and God didn't bring you and you family all this way just to drop you...so have faith. I have been where you are and something always comes through in the very last part of the 11th hour...but geez I always hate that not knowing and the waiting. Good Luck!!
Old 01-07-2003, 08:03 AM   #36  

Good Morning Ladies,
Monday Funday sucked. Belle, 1 yr old Jack Russell, is sick. She had to spend the night at the vet last night. First we had to get rid of the cat, now the dog is sick. My nerves are shot. Oh, and the iguana, Ernie, fell...broke his leg...went to the vet....not an Ernie...it's an ERNETTE...her leg is doing better.
rattle, rattle, rattle. To say the least, I'm distracted. I ate the whole house yesterday. Good news, we are about out of junk food. I did exercise for a short time...better than none I guess.

Cafe, is the cleanse a specific plan? How's it working?

I heard something the other day. When you commit to getting healthy, you also need to commit to the "uncomfortable feelings"....sore muscles, cravings. It was a lightbulb moment for me.

points on 1/7---1 out of 4
Old 01-07-2003, 09:55 AM   #37  

Good Morning, where's all my reading material for this morning? Okay girls I really need to find lots of post when I log on. I can't wait to get here (not work, but on 3fc) then find that we aren't posting much. I like my daily chats here. Let's hear some chatter girls!

Day seven ,and I'm still on the train. WooHoo. If I can stay on here for a month then I'm good to go. Motivation and will power sill very strong. As you know it's been awhile for me to get my act back together but think I'm on my way.

Have a great day and I'll be back to check in later.

Lots of post please, pretty please.

Tig, any chance you would watch my Cat from H@ll for awhile? Just thought I would ask. (you know I'm kidding) Things will get better. And how does one tell a male iguana from a female one , their hair dos look the same to me. And what can they do for a broken leg, cast? (Well enough of my Wit this morning)

Well I gotta get some work done. Bye

Last edited by SEMO; 01-07-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #38  

The dog is home. Whew, that's a load off. The whole family was cranky and on edge not having her home. 300 bucks later & still don't know for sure what is wrong with her, but she's taking meds, eat'n special food and wait'n for test results.

Semo, the vet that looked at the iguana said something about the color, stripes on it's legs and size of its "hair" help determine it's sex. I talk to it every day, but don't know what to call it now. He, she, it...ernie, ernette...?? It's been Ernie for almost 4 years now. Hard to change that habit.....hard to change ANY habit.
I'm hope'n to find my willpower and motivation soon...get my act together. Maybe you will rub off on me.

I'm making taco soup for supper againt tonight. Bought Baked Tortilla Chips especially for it....and ground round. If I did't think the DH would notice, I'd use turkey...maybe next time.

DH and I bought a new printer for ourselves...late Christmas gift. Gonna pull out some old photo disks and print today.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #39  

Dyan, Ouch! Sorry about all the stress. Please keep in mind that no matter what, this does not make you a loser. It sounds to me like you need a massage, not only for your poor shoulders but for your poor self. Come when you can! We're all in this together.

Tiger, Sorry to hear you're having more pet troubles. Hope they all get better soon. Ernetta - ha! Yes, the plan I'm following is pretty specific, but within the parameters I'm eating normal foods. The program is designed to provide nutrition and keep blood sugar stable throughout the day while eliminating a lot of the day-to-day stress on your digestive system...

It's a health nut thing, so no alcohol, caffiene or other chemicals, sugar, yeast or fermented things, dairy products or grains. That's why it's only for 2 weeks, LOL! So, with lots of veggies, lean protein, fruit, and plenty of Omega-rich oil, your body gets what it needs but has lots of energy left over to work out accumulated toxicity.

It's a funny thing, once you get past the first day - I taper off caffiene a few days before, but that first day is still hard - most people have more energy than they ever do with all the caffiene and sugar we use to keep going. So I feel great!

But even feeling as good as I do, it's a mind-over-matter thing. No matter how satisfied I am with regards to hunger, I still want to eat stuff. It's a good time to confront emotional issues around eating, because there's no reason for it! What's the payoff in feeling lethargic all the time and needing caffiene and sugar to get going? Is it somehow more "safe?"

SEMO, I'm proud of your strength - keep on truckin'.

DNW, hope you're feeling better soon! Being sick is no good.

Bright, Thanks for the compliment about my cooking! Not sure if you'd feel the same after tasting it... My DH bought me a cookbook that is just GREAT that's been really inspiring me lately - it's called "Extending the Table" and has recipes from around the world. They are easy yet exotic tasting and many are lo-cal. I like a lot of flavor, helps me be satisfied with less.

Jello, Snowy Monday is over with - hope you're feeling brighter today.

Juju, You're doing awesome. Walking the fine line doing all you can but not obsessing where you can't is the key to building a new routine. Battling the soda addiction is a big deal!

Huntress, I'm glad you said what you did about challenges somehow inspiring you to screw up. I do the same thing, LOL!

Sorry to any I missed~ I'm out of time though hopefully I can check in again today while everyone is in their planning session.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:04 AM   #40  

I'm Bacccccck already.

Tig, that soup must be good if you are making it again. Please post the recipe, if and when you have time. Hope your doggie gets better soon.

Cafe, I have the same problem of eating when I know full well that It aint cause I'm hungry. I find that when I really don't want to do something I go looking to eat. If the house is a mess and I don't want to clean, I'm grazing. If I'm happy, sad, well you get the idea. I really need to focus on my emotional feelings, maybe that will be my next months project. (remind me)

Back to work.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #41  
DNW

Work has been been really, really busy, and they are starting to do layoffs again...what ever happened to job security

On the diet front, I am back on program and took off a few more of the Xmas pounds so I am down to 260.5 as of this morning.

I won't feel satisfied until I see that 256 again. When the numbers go down from there then I know my body's working proper again.

So glad we have no more crap in the house...my big treat at night if I want something to quell the hunger pains are a yogurt or a Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, only 90 calories each, and you can get them at Costco, 12 for $5.89. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Tiger: Sorry about your pet problems. Do you have Pet insurance...we finally gave in and got it after spending more than a few $$$$$ on two sickly, and now, quite dead cats. It costs me $25 a month for my current, and fingers crossed, healthy cat, but it includes partial reimbursement for office visits and routine vaccines, along with other good stuff.

Cafe: Sounds like you have got a winner with the cleansing diet. Can you post it.

Dyan: How ya doin'? We are all here for you...miss you today!!

Semo: You are just awesome. I am so jealous..but in a good way...today is the first day I feel better....hopefully I can exercise when I get home from work...definitely tomorrow morning.

Hi to Huntress, Brighter, It's My Life, Jujubee, and anyone out there lurking....come join us!!
Old 01-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #42  
Long Lost Chickie

Semo, I'm with you! I come in here first thing in the morning to read all the posts and see what's up with whom! Makes the start of my day a whole lot better!

Tig, I guess you could still call her Ernie ... short for Ernestine. Reminds me of my friend who found a young stray cat and decided to keep it but decided to have it spayed. No, the vet confirmed it was a female but on the day of surgery, right there in the operating room, they found that she'd already been spayed! Anyway, Tig, I'm glad your "kid" is back from the vet. I hate it when mine's not around. Keep looking for him.

Cafe, let's face it. If we only ate when we were hungry, NO ONE would have a weight problem. I'm a major league emotional eater, myself. Sad, happy, stressed, angry, hurt .... You name it and I'll eat because of it!

Dyan, we miss you too! Come post when you can. I wish you luck in the new job.

Its My Life, please forgive my rudeness and accept this belated WELCOME!!! to the group!

Well, girls, it's weigh-in day. I'm not really looking forward to it but I'll face it. I've been good since ... oooh, yesterday!! One whole day!! But ya' gotta start somewhere, right? I'll be having my Healthy Choice frozen dinner for lunch today and I know they're usually a bit high in sodium so I've already overdone the water intake for the day.

Also just learned through the company grapevine that the president has given all his senior staff orders to have all their employee reviews done by this Friday!! Or else! So I've been rehearsing what I'm going to talk about and making notes, etc. so I'll be ready when bossman "summons" me in for mine. You wanna talk about stress??? Stay tuned.

Gotta run. This post has made me think about food (just like most everything else does) so I'm going to see about going to lunch. ... Nope, other "phone girls" out having their hourly 15 minute cigarette break I guess. Well, soon....

Later!
Old 01-07-2003, 01:17 PM   #43  

Default taco soup

SEMO, here is the recipe. I posted it once before...thought someone else made it. ?? It makes a big pot. The garnishes really MAKE the soup. It sorta looks like a runny chili, but very tasty with the chips and sour cream. Also, easy and cheap!

1 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
3 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans water
1 chopped onion
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can kidney beans ( I used Brooks Chili Beans)

Cook meat and onion, drain. Add rest of ingredients, mix well and heat thru. Serve w/ corn or tortilla chips, sour cream and grated cheese.

Has anyone checked out the allrecipes.com site? They have a taco soup recipe...about the same...except they add corn. It's a great site, tons of recipes!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:15 PM   #44  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, can someone explain the points to me .

thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. So far I am doing pretty good on my plan .

bev
Old 01-07-2003, 03:30 PM   #45  
DNW

Hi it's my life, the points are as follows:

1 point - if you stick to your food plan for each day

1 point - if you drink the amount of water you committed to, we usually try for 8 of 8 oz. glasses per day which is generally recommended if you diet or not.

1 point - if you stick to your exercise plan for that day

1 point - if you achieve your behavior change for that day. In my case (and as others on this thread are doing) I am not eating anything after supper, except either a Healthy Choice Fudge Bar (90 calories), or a no-fat, no sugar yogurt, or 1/2 cup of 2% fat cottage cheese on two pcs. of melba toast. HOWEVER, I only have this if I have hunger pains!!

The point system is used to motivate us to see who can achieve the most number of points by the end of the month, something like a contest, but not really a competition. WE ARE HERE PRIMARILY TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER, and we do that very well.

If you cannot, or will not do the points that is fine, we want everyone to feel they can post here, as WE ARE ALL WINNERS FOR TRYING!!

Good luck and post often.
Closed Thread