General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2writer View Post
It's the artificial sweeteners that can cause problems. They can trick the body into thinking your blood sugar is going up, which results in more insulin production and hunger/munchies.
When my doctor diagnosed me as diabetic this is exactly what she told me! I LOVE diet pepsi! LOVE it! I was drinking far too much. She basically told me to treat it as regular soda---tell myself my body can not tolerate it!

I have noticed such a huge difference. It took a week for me to notice how drastic my appetite had changed. And also--the bloating! It has been incredible the difference it made! yesterday we went out and I got a diet pepsi--I felt gross all day. Bloated and just blah!

Im back to water today. No diet soda for me. Its just not worth it
myhaloisintheshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

i still drink my 1 diet dp a day, but it does make me hungry. because i KNOW that's what does it, i only drink it with meals while eating, and then water all other times (or unsweet tea at home in the evenings). one 20oz bottle lasts me through bkfast,lunch and dinner, and typically there is still half a bottle left over.
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/218/150

Height: 5'4"

I was a soda addict and my husband swore by his diet Coke. After I quit, I noticed my cravings for sweets almost disappeared. He was still drinking diet drinks and always snacking. I also noticed how bloated his face was the more he had.
He just started using the MiO drink flavoring and loves it. He carries it in his pocket to work. Bloating is gone!
shutterbug711 is offline   Reply With Quote