General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 07:46 AM   #61  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hey girls,

judi - how did you outing d go? I hope you had a good day. How long will dh and Estaban be gone?

alice, I did not lift any during the 10 day break I took. I did a little hiking but that is it. The idea of the break is to give your body a chance to rest and recover. Believe me, after 12 weeks of lifting you need a break!

Cheryl, you know I never even tried the yogurt/cc mix. Just didn't sound good to me. I did try the blended cc w/ sf jello which is supposed to taste like cheese cake. I didn't like that either. BUT, I love cc w/ a bunch of other things which you might have noted. Most especially w/ oatmeal but also w/ frozen blueberries and fiber one and w/ sweet potatoes. Eat more veggies! I have to keep after myself on that one too. Congratulations on starting your challenge!

I don't think we are going to get much snow in our part of the state but sounds like some cold temps coming our way.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:25 PM   #62  

Default Wed.

Hi all!

Wahhhh! I miss Estaban! It looks like he will be gone another week.

The class with my D was wonderful!!! Thank you all for asking. It is a big group with people at diff. places in their walk, a very nice group too. Before we went to class my D and I went to look at watches and we both got ones with red straps...kind of cute, mine has got a thin red strap. They are DKNY watches. Mom bought to celebrate our day together.

I don't think I could do the gazelle, Alice. Yup, treadmilling is boring but not as bad as stationary biking. The latter is always holding ironed blouses on its handles and blouses to iron on its seat.

Ledom and Cheryl you two sound like you are solidly in the saddle.

Alice, is the business with the crown done yet?

Time to run and catch the ferry to town.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:23 AM   #63  

AAGGGHHHH!!! MY LLLLEEEEEGGGGSSSS!!!

Can I just say "ouch?"

I did my first lower body workout yesterday. I thought my arms were weak--HA!! Someone on the BFL/BB forum, Niffer, I think, used the expression Noodle Leg Syndrome. How perfectly that fits how my legs felt last night. They're still so sore this morning that I have trouble sitting down and standing up. I didn't do the whole 46-minute workout that he has outlined in the book--do you think that's OK, Ledom? I think I'll have to work myself up to that over the first couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is well! Take care of yourselves, pets, kids, etc.....

Cheryl
Old 01-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #64  
Chick

Default Cheryl,

I remember asking that same question. It was UB for me and I felt I just couldn't get through the whole routine. The BLF thread said NO - it's imp. to do it by the book. So, you might just go through the reps w/out weights or w/ very light weights. I promise it'll get easier. Also, glutamine will take care of your soreness.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:51 AM   #65  

Angry Hello everybody,

Yesterday I met my GF for an early lunch and a movie. We saw Maid in Manhattan. It was a very good movie. I would recommend it. We met at Olive Garden and I did very well. Had their Minestrone Soup and 1 of their breadsticks, which is a 5 point lunch.

Cheryl, I can sympathize with you re: sore muscles, and not being able to sit or stand with out groaning. It will get better as ledom says. Ledom shared a recipe for cc where you add vanilla flavoring, cinnamon, and Splenda.

judi, glad that your D's class is good. Will you be going to the rest of her classes with her, and how long does she have to attend? WHEW...a lot of questions there! I still have my temporary crown. I still have 3 weeks to go before the permanent one comes in. I am scared to death that it will fall off so I don't chew on that side, and I'm very careful when brushing & flossing. I can just see you now, greeting Estaban before your DH when they return home. I'm sure Estaban misses you as much as you miss him.

ledom, did you get any snow? That storm is staying far away from us

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:20 PM   #66  
Chick

Default Alice,

no snow here, not yet anyway. I bet you're getting some Cheryl, being up in the NE corner of the state. It is awfully cold and windy though.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:03 PM   #67  

Default Friday

Goodmorning!

Well, down 1 pound.

I finally got my new WW diary.

Nothing too much going on. Wonderful weather, no snow and no rain so it makes driving in to Vancouver easy.

DH and Estaban are still going to be gone another week.

Friday for you working gals !!! Enjoy the weekend!
Old 01-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #68  

Angry TGIF!

judi, congratulations on the 1 lb. loss! Way to go! You and Marley have fun this weekend.

Hi ledom & Cheryl, hope things are well with you.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:05 PM   #69  

YEA JUDI!!!!!!! Congratulations on the loss!
Good deal with the diary. When I was on the WW program, the diary was what made all the difference between my losing or not.

We only got a teeny little bit of snow where I live. I think we were on the cusp of the weather. The folks 20-30 miles north of us got up to 5 inches in places. That's OK by me, I can live without it!!

Ledom, thanks for the answer. That's what I was afraid of. I have been taking the glutamine--I actually started it a week before starting BfL, wanted to get it in my system. If it really helps the soreness, then I can't IMAGINE how I'd feel if I wasn't taking it It's been 2 days, and I still hurt, although I can tell that it's getting slightly better (I can sit down now without making noises )

Alice, I've been wanting to see Maid in Manhatten ever since I saw the trailer for it before Sweet Home Alabama. I guess I'll wait until it's in the rental stores and watch it w/my mom.

I've got a 3-day weekend, so it'll be awhile before y'all hear from me. Wish me luck w/sticking to my guns when it comes to eating and working out!! I'll be sure to do the same for the three of you!!!

Cheryl
Old 01-19-2003, 12:54 PM   #70  

Default Sunday

You can stick to your guns Cheryl! We all can!

Weather is foggy but nice here. We have had the driest winter and no SNOW yet! I hope it keeps away.

I am meeting my D for mass in Vancouver and then we are going for crepes.

How is that Miz Lacee. Alice? What has she been up to?

How is the diet going Ledom?

I am going to exercise today, no more phoney baloney excuses!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:09 AM   #71  

Unhappy Still frigid....

It has been well below zero these past few nights, not getting much warmer during the day. We're supposed to be in the deep freeze all week, only it's supposed to get windy which should make things really fun!

judi, that's nice you went to mass with your D. How were your crepes? Miz Lacee is doing ok. She's not a happy camper with the cold temps. Evidently one of her back paws is very sensitive to the cold and/or snow. She goes out on 4 legs, but when she gets to the bottom of the stairs, one back leg is up in the air and she's running on 3 legs! We get the biggest kick out of it. If she was out longer I would put those little booties on her paws and wrap her up really good...sort of like dressing a little kid as they go out to play in the cold DH & I were riding down the street the other day and we saw this woman walking her dog, as she does every morning, and her dog had those little booties on.

Cheryl, that's good you only got a little snow. Your exercise routine can only get better. Keep at it.

ledom, any big plans this holiday weekend?

Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #72  

Default Poor Lacee!

That weather must be terrible for a Boston, their coats are so short. Marley has a purple and gold fleece with a silver label on it. He looks very sportif in it.

Yesterday was a good day. At mass it was the Filipino feast day of Santo Nino so there was a special choir and wonderful Filipino music.

Nothing new diet wise. Did I exercise? Just went to bed for about 4 hours in afternoon then stayed up late.

I haven't been cooking since the DH has been away. I am just eating the same things over and over for all meals, salad, Kashi, salmon and yogurt. Time for a menu change I think.

Have a good week...another one...closer to SUMMER!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:12 AM   #73  
Chick

Default Good morning girls,

Alice, I really feel for you guys. I bet those cold temps are getting old. This past week it has been really windy here too. It makes it very hard to go outside.

Yeah judi, change is the name of the game. That is where I am right now - regrouping. As far as the diet is going, for some reason this is absolutely the easiest time I have ever had sticking to something. BUT, I am in a place now where I need to shake things up. I am going to change my workouts around this week, I am still researching how to do a "split" program of lifting. I am also looking at ways to change my diet up. It is easy to keep eating the same favorite foods day in and day out but after a while your body needs to be shaken up a bit to keep the weight loss going at a steady pace. I have stalled on that so that is why I am rethinking my routines.

I have today off so I am planning to do lesson plans for the coming week. D is home but will be going back to school this evening. Not much new here.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:16 PM   #74  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey guys,

Sorry to barge in on you like this! Mine name is JC and I am from the BFL thread over yonder.

I was just lurking and I wanted to say to Cheryl you MUST try the cottage cheese and yogurt mixture. It was a staple for me over my first 2 challenges and easy to prepare and cart around. The trick with it is to dump the CC and yogurt in a blender and blend it smooth. Add some Splenda and cinnamon to it if you want as well or a tiny piece of fruit for flavour. I used to make mango and blueberry flavours. YOU have to try it!!

Ledom: hey gorgeous! You didn't like the jello cheesecake? I used to like it but it got a bit too sweet for me in the end.

JC

Keep on keeping on chickies!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:04 AM   #75  
Chick

Default Good morning,

Well, the long weekend is over! Before I really get started I thought I'd send off a quick post first.

JC, welcome to this little corner of the web. We have fun over here. I guess I should give the yogurt/cc a try before bad mouthing it. I probably wouldn't blend it however. Something about the texture of blended cc doesn't suit me, I know many think just the opposite. Yesterday I made a weeks worth of pumpkin pancakes, I think that is a really interesting take on using CC.

Well girls, my girlfriends and I rented a cabin on the lake for Feb. 2. I am so excited, hiking, kayaking, and partying for 24 hrs. It'll be so nice to get away. We usually head up north to the mtns. when we do this but this time the cabin is on the lake about 15 miles from my house. I like that it is so close, hardly any driving and it will still be such a good retreat. I am SO looking forward to it.

judi, your masses sound so beautiful - I am glad you have found this place for yourself. It is so easy to let the spiritual side of life suffer. I am not a church goer, I tend to find God in nature and feel that is why hiking and paddling are such an important part of my life. It is a place of solitude, beauty, and recognition. I also have been reading The Seven Spiritual Laws by Depok Chopra. I turn to that little book when I feel I am losing my center and it always gives such good guidance.

Poor Lacee, I know just how she feels and it is only a southern winter here. I long for warm days, and longer days for that matter.

Cheryl, how is it going? Are you settling in to your new lifestyle, struggling, what? Let us know.

Well, guess I better "get with it."
Closed Thread