General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:33 AM   #1  

Talking Doing Our Own Thing #6

Good Morning, my weekend was a total bust, no water, no exercise but lots of food. Getting a grip this morning and back on track. DH is off today but I see that most of us are having to work.

Dyan, I have this extra bedroom that I need some help getting organized, want to add some more stuff to your yard sale!!!

I'll be back later, got to get the payroll done.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:38 AM   #2  

Exercise, check! My days go so much better when I get exercise in first thing in the morning! Also, decent breakfast and a bottle of water, check, check!

Weighed in this morning BACK at 187...down from last weeks 189. I'm on a mission to see 185. Hey, babysteps!

Has anyone heard from our fearless leader?
Old 10-14-2002, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

SEMO ~ Why not? If you can get here, I can sell it ( That's my sale's man face! TRUST ME!!!)

Does anybody have any info on Tiff, like another email address, phone number, anything? I was getting ready to see when she posted last. Has anyone PM'd her? I thought she had given out some of her personal info to someone. Kayla, do you have any information?
Old 10-14-2002, 03:18 PM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, I feel terrible now. I PM'd Tiffany to see where she was and found that she had sent me a PM back on Oct 2 (I think) and I never even saw it. Tiff, if you're reading this, come in here and give me a good kick in the ......!!!!!!!

Tiff, I need you!! Actually, I need all of you guys. Went to the eye doc. today. Well, he was my eye surgeon. OK, let's go backwards. About 3 years ago, I went in for that laser surgery to correct my vision. Turns out my eyes were too BAD for it. Corneas were too thin. They couldn't do it.

But ... there's always a but ... they had this new procedure where they put in an artificial lens. Same as cataract surgery but they don't take out the eye's natural lens and replace it with the artificial one, they just put in the artificial one to help the natural one. Sounds OK to me.

But ... see, always a but ... it's not FDA approved yet. I became a guinea pig. One of only about 20 people in the country at the time. Before, I couldn't see a person sitting across the desk from me. Now my vision is 20/20 in my right eye and about 20/30 in my left. No more coke-bottom glasses. No more extra expensive cause they're extra strong contact lens.

But ... again with the but ... they were still learning. They've improved the procedure since mine but some of us earlier ones have had problems with the lens shifting in the eye. My left one has.

So next Wednesday (yes, the day before my biopsy) I'm having eye surgery.

Do I know how to have fun or what?
Old 10-14-2002, 03:20 PM   #5  

I pm'd Tiff, but haven't heard from her. Kayla had her email address, cuz she sent her a photo. Miss Kayla?

I'm beat. Shoveled, trimmed and mulched in the yard for a few hours. The combination of the fresh air and the work....phew, nap time anyone? My arms are really sore now. They were already a bit sore from lifting weights. I probably wont be able to brush my teeth tonight.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:35 PM   #6  

Hey,
I HAD her address...im trying to find it..ill post if i hear anything.....
Old 10-14-2002, 03:47 PM   #7  

Just a little note to say HEY to Kayla. <smooch!>

Aw, what the heck, smoochies around.

I'm worried about Tiffany too. I understand about RL taking over for a while, but I just wanna KNOW, ya know?

Jello, I can't believe it! 2 things at once! I wish there was something I could DO. Hang in there, sweetie.

Gotta run, on a short leash today at work.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #8  

Now I feel bad about starting up the new thread, you guys were holding out for Tiff, right? You know she should be off work today, working for the county and it being a holiday. Or at least our courthouse is closed today. Hope she is just taking some R & R.

Work is kind of busy today, the weather is beautiful, was cold this am but now it's perfect, I WANNA BE OUTSIDE!!
Old 10-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #9  

Oh my gosh Jello. Did it hurt the first time...the eye stuff?

DH goes in for knee surgery this week. He's looking forward to a few days off work. I'm looking at a few days playing go fetch.

I'm so tired. Going to bed EARLY tonight. I always say that, but hard to make it happen.

Old 10-14-2002, 04:37 PM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

Semo, don't you dare feel bad about starting the new thread!!!! Those of us with slow 'puters NEEDED this!

Tig, didn't hurt at all. 15-20 minutes of seeing weird lights and stuff and I could see clear for the first time in many many years!! I still have people ask if I'm glad I did it and would I do it again and I still say "like a shot!". Now, knee surgery sounds scary to me. Ouch.

Maybe Tiffany's 'puter has gone haywire or something? I'm trying to think of any reason she'd stay away so long from those who love her!

We must find that girl!!

Well, I'm about outta here and Rich has agreed to take me out for a beer or two to drown my sorrows. OK, light beer. But still...
Old 10-14-2002, 06:06 PM   #11  

Semo, no worry, Tiff will find us.

Jello, it's DH second knee surgery. Same knee, different problem. He could use the laser eye surgery too! Then, I wouldn't have to clean his glasses anymore.

Boys gone at football practice again. Youngest got to go along. Gotta like that. Going to tidy up around the house, then put on the kettle for some tea.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:34 PM   #12  
I'm back again

Exclamation

Hi everybody,

Just popping in for a minute....I pm'd Tiffany, also, last night. Never heard from her. Not the same without her...

Dyan...I'm with ya, girl, on these pop-ups...I try to put them down and my connection freezes most of the time!

Tiger...isn't it nice when the big kids take the little ones. I have to smile when mine do that....it's like I'm in fantasy land.

SEMO..thanks for starting the new thread. I'm sure when Tiffany is back, she will slide right in. I admire your energy for the yard.. I'm barely getting the inside done these days.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna keep track of my points, water, and exercise. I didn't post on the Halloween Challenge 'cause I barely posted here and I missed the 1rst of the month. I will just follow it from this thread.

Jello...I've not heard of that procedure. I hope it continues to be a success since almost all of us in my family have contacts/glasses and would love to be without them...

Hey Kayla....hope you're having a good week!

Huntress...hear anything from Tiff?

Gotta go...my show is coming on!

"Bright"
Old 10-14-2002, 09:20 PM   #13  

Hi girls!!!

I cant find tiff's addres....im soooooooo sad. I miss her so much. but i KNOW tiff, and i KNOW she didnt leave us by choice, something happened, maybe her computer broke, or her daughter is sick or something, i dont know but i know tiff would do everything she could to get to us....i miss her!!!!! im worried! I want everyone to say a prayer that nothing bad happened!

Semo, Hey babe!!! I miss you guys, I tried to stay away, cause i thought i was bothering you all...but i just luv you all too much!!!!

Cafe- And a bit *Smooch* back to ya!!! hehe, how are you??? good i hope!

Jello- am i missing something? jello cant have any sorrows! cause i love jello! and people i love cant have sorrows! haha!!!!

Bright- well, im definatly having fun! ive been busy like a beaver, but im doing well and having a blast!!!!

Tig- Hey! how are you??? you sound like you are getting tons of exercise, good for you! im proud!!!

well; girls, im off to study!!! i hope we find my tiff soon,

well girls! goodnight!
luv
Kayla
Old 10-14-2002, 09:21 PM   #14  

cafe- its supposed to say, and a BIG *smooch* to you too!!!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:43 AM   #15  

Good Morning. Brrrr. Just took Belle out to potty, she usually wants to sniff around....not today. She drug me back to the house. It looks like some of my flowers got zapped last night. Impatients get the ugliest after a frost. They turn to slime.
On the positive side, the freeze will kill the infectious mosqitos. One less thing to fret about.

Today is Cardio for me. It's so much easier for me to do the weights. I don't think it's cuz I don't like cardio...I think it's cuz I don't have a good cardio program for "at home". Need to work on that.

What's everyones favorite lowfat healthy supper to fix? I am in a cooking rut! I need to make the soup recipe Tiff gave us....if I can find it.
Closed Thread