General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #1  

Smile Food Mover

Hi
I was reading some of the posts earlier about Richard Simmons Food Mover. They were encouraging enough to convince me to give it a shot. I am currently reading his book - Still Hungry After all these years. I really hope it will give me a kick in the behind and get me back into life and a healthy weight again.

Anyway I can not find the thread I was reading before I joined so I hope that some of followers and supporters of Richards Food mover will respond so I can find a group of people that are traveling this road to talk to and with about the ups and downs of weight loss.

I remember a couple of names I saw were Lillian, JoJo, wannabe...

Look forward to meeting some of my fellow FM travelers.

Have a great day and many successes,
baylou43
10-29-10
baylou43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  
Happy Member

Hi, Baylou45:

Yes, I was one of the posters on the thread you are talking about.

I lost a little over 60 lbs. using Richard's Foodmover, and I am now 'maintaining' that weight loss. I still use the principals of the Foodmover which is just the exchange program but I seldom close the little windows any more, I just remember what I am supposed to be doing.

I've never read the book - Still Hungry - but I am sure it is interesting, and I would like to get my hands on it sometime.

Do you have any questions? Just ask, I would be happy to answer. The program certainly worked for me, and I found it simple to use.

Best of luck to you on your weight-loss journey.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #3  

Thanks JoJoJo
I just ordered the food mover so once I get - I guessing the end of next week I am sure I will be looking for lots of advice.
I have a long road to go but it is time to start it...

Talk to you soon!
Baylou43
baylou43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #4  
Happy Member

Hi, Baylou:

When you get your Foodmover, read all the literature that comes with it. That's important. Then file the literature where you can easily reach it because you will want to reread it every so often.

Add some exercise to the mix, depending on your physical capabilities. That is, join a gym, make an appointment with a fitness expert, go swimming, go walking, park at the far end of the parking lot, get moving. I joined Curves for Women, it worked for me.

Drink that water, it is very important that you keep your body hydrated. It also helps moderate your appetite.

And have fun on your weight-loss journey. Challenge yourself - another day without a cookie, that type of challenge. Enjoy the trip, smell the roses along the way.

Best of luck to you.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #5  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I love my foodmover, by making healthier choices and closing the windows is fun.
Wish I had something like it for my Blackberry.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote