General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Talking Scale vs Measuring Tape

Does anyone count loss in inches as well as the number on the scale? I was just thinking because someone of my height can weight 12 or 13 stone and wear the same size as someone who's 10 or 11 stone depending on how much of the weight is fat or muscles, so how do you measure weight loss?
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I keep track of my weight and my measurements. I weight myself at least once a week (maybe twice), and have my measurements taken once a month at my gym. I know a lot of people do it themselves, but I have trouble getting the measurements right if I don't let someone else do it.

I think following measurements can be a great motivator, and can really give you a feel for how your body is changing.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #3  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Definitely! I am a compulsive weigher, so I weigh myself maybe a couple of times a day (I just don't freak out about it). I take my measurements once a month, and I also take pictures. For my measurements, I measured a bunch of places, and I made very specific notes as to where I placed the tape measure so that I can measure in the same spot each time. For my pictures, I wear the same clothes that I wore in the same picture, so not only can I see the changes to my body parts, I can see the changes in the way clothes are fitting. I have everything saved in a Word document, and I set up my pics so I can do a side by side comparison in my three poses (front, side, and back). The changes may not be huge ones, but it definitely puts it into perspective to see the difference even if you can't see one on the scale.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote