General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankarla View Post
Hello 4star?

Oh my. Really? And why is that? Are there a lot of negative effects and adverse effects of the drug? I would want to know about it so that I can tell my friend who is taking this medication.

Thanks.

Jean
I hadn't heard about it being pulled from the market, but this is the drug I was talking about (Meridia) in my previous post when I said that the side effects were so extreme my husband begged me to stop taking it and made me promise never to take it again.

Even though it had stopped working for weight loss after only about 15 to 20 lbs, I didn't want to stop taking it because it made me feel amazingly confident (when I wasn't having bouts of panic). I would suspect it was much like being bipolar. The highs were so great that I didn't want to give up the drug, even though the lows were pretty miserable (usually only in the middle of the night - during the day I felt like superwoman).

I'd wake in the middle of the night in either panic or bone-crushing despair (convinced that no one loved me and never would). My husband would wake to my sobbing (or screaming if I was in a panic state).

I have a masters degree in psychology and I still didn't see the problem myself until I was off the drug. I thought my husband was "over-reacting," sometimes I was even paranoid, feeling he was deliberately trying to ruin the extra confidence I was feeling (it wasn't really confidence, it was recklessness).

Any of the drugs that affect neurotransmitters (antidepressants, some weight loss drugs, some muscle relaxants) can have unpredictable mental effects. I knew this as a mental health professional, but I didn't really see it in myself until I'd been off the drug for several weeks and the nighmares and night terrors and middle-of-the--night mental crises disappeared.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I am taking a diet pill right now. I've tried Weight Watchers. I've tried putting myself on a super strict diet and exercise regime. I've tried counting calories and fat grams. I tried NutriSystem. I tried Dexatrim. I tried going vegan. I tried SlimFast. I tried eating nothing but Lean Cuisines. And all it got me was stressed out and I gained back all the weight plus some when I stopped whatever diet I had been on.

My local radio station talks about a weight loss pill called Healthy Trim. Two of the three morning DJ's I listen to are taking it and have seem great results. They were offering a 60 day money back guarantee so I figured what the heck. I ordered a bottle and figured if I felt funky or it didn't work I'd send it back. Well, I gotta tell you, this stuff works great for me! I've been taking it for 2 months now and am down 23.4 pounds. It's basically an appetite suppressant. I don't get hungry. I don't crave bad stuff. And I drink water the majority of the time.

All they ask people to do on Healthy Trim is to take 1-2 pills in the morning with 2-3 glasses of water. Then eat breakfast 3 hours later. Go about your normal routine. Eat what you like, but in moderation. If I want pasta, I eat pasta. If I want a burger, I eat a burger. I just get full after eating less. I do exercise a little but don't have a routine or anything. Usually it's just taking my dog for a long walk.

I was extremely skeptical before ordering Healthy Trim. I am ultra sensitive to caffeine and was afraid that it would increase my frequency of migraines. Each pill has 150mg of caffeine in it and it's what's naturally in the green tea in the supplement. I haven't had any increase in my migraines, which rocks!

I know that diet and exercise are the best and healthiest way to lose weight, but I just got so sick and tired of my stomach grumbling all the time. It's hard to stay motivated on diet and exercise alone when your stomach is trying to eat itself. this keeps my stomach from grumbling, and therefore allows me to stay in control. I am so glad that I decided to try this supplement and am looking forward to seeing continued success with it!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 10-10-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I hadn't heard about it being pulled from the market, but this is the drug I was talking about (Meridia) in my previous post when I said that the side effects were so extreme my husband begged me to stop taking it and made me promise never to take it again.

Even though it had stopped working for weight loss after only about 15 to 20 lbs, I didn't want to stop taking it because it made me feel amazingly confident (when I wasn't having bouts of panic). I would suspect it was much like being bipolar. The highs were so great that I didn't want to give up the drug, even though the lows were pretty miserable (usually only in the middle of the night - during the day I felt like superwoman).

I'd wake in the middle of the night in either panic or bone-crushing despair (convinced that no one loved me and never would). My husband would wake to my sobbing (or screaming if I was in a panic state).

I have a masters degree in psychology and I still didn't see the problem myself until I was off the drug. I thought my husband was "over-reacting," sometimes I was even paranoid, feeling he was deliberately trying to ruin the extra confidence I was feeling (it wasn't really confidence, it was recklessness).

Any of the drugs that affect neurotransmitters (antidepressants, some weight loss drugs, some muscle relaxants) can have unpredictable mental effects. I knew this as a mental health professional, but I didn't really see it in myself until I'd been off the drug for several weeks and the nighmares and night terrors and middle-of-the--night mental crises disappeared.
This seems to be a scary experience. I mean, at first, you only want to get slim but eventually, you have to deal with the effects of the drug.

Personally, I have tried to take an anti obesity pill. And yes, the effects were great. I do not have the appetite to eat leaving me not having a single meal for the entire day. Eventually, I lost a lot of weight. However, the effects were also inseparable. I have difficulty sleeping at night and all through the day, I have very dry lips/throat.

Jean
Old 10-12-2010, 05:14 AM   #19  

Default drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post

This seems to be a scary experience. I mean, at first, you only want to get slim but eventually, you have to deal with the effects of the drug.

Personally, I have tried to take an anti obesity pill. And yes, the effects were great. I do not have the appetite to eat leaving me not having a single meal for the entire day. Eventually, I lost a lot of weight. However, the effects were also inseparable. I have difficulty sleeping at night and all through the day, I have very dry lips/throat.

Jean
Closed Thread