General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #1  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Any fat smashers out there?

Just wondering if anyone out there is following the Fat Smash Diet. I really like the whole concept, but it doesn't seem like there are any current threads out there. If anyone is a smasher, I would love to hear your impression of the program and how it worked for you. Any vegetarian smashers would be really awesome because I don't eat meat or fish, so I'm wondering how that affects the program. Thanks!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I've Fat Smashed. I started it back in April (sadly I've fallen off the wagon) however, I use the basic guidelines to plan my meals daily so in a way I still follow it. It's also very easy to follow even if you don't eat meat. I give it a *thumbs up*
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

I did both the Fat Smash and the extreme Fat Smash a couple of years ago. I really liked both, although I liked the extreme the best of the 2. I also had great results with the program.....I'm no longer smashing, but I still apply a lot of principles from the Fat Smash diet into my current eating plan.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

what kind of diet is it? low carb?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #5  
Vegging out

It's an eating plan that helps you change your eating habits for life. Starts out with a "detox" to kind of clear your body of all the bad stuff like sugar and caffiene and whatnot, you can eat unlimited fruits and veggies, and limited amounts of stuff like egg whites, milk, yogurt, oatmeal, brown rice. There are 2 more phases and in each one you add in more foods, until the last phase (which is life) where you can eat anything, but the way you had to eat in the first three phases is supposed to give you the skills to make good choices. You also have to exercise, and your amount of exercise increases during each phase. The name is horrible and makes it sound gimmicky, but it seems like a pretty sound plan to me.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #6  

It's definitely not low carb, quite the opposite. It focuses mostly on high fiber foods and foods that are low on the glycemic index. You get a lot of carbs, but they are coming mostly from brown rice, fruits, vegetables, sweet potatoes, etc. There is meat in the diet (if you want it), but a much of the protein comes from beans and yogurt. For me, I would like to have more protein than what the diet entails, but aside from that I think it is a really sound eating plan. Also, both the Fat Smash and the Extreme Fat Smash books also reinforce exercise as part of the lifestyle change.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #7  

Also, there is a maintenance plan included in the book as well. This goes to reinforce that this should be a lifestyle change as opposed to just a "diet".
Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 284/260/200 or <

Height: 5'10.5"

I am back to smashing! Last time I dropped 27 lbs. by mostly following the program. I am not in a rush, so I am doing detox again and then moving through the phases. It is definitely a doable plan.

Vegetarians can eat as they normally would, but being cautious about the carbs, cheese, etc. when you reach the final phase.
Sheinthespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #9  
Vegging out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinthespirit View Post
I am back to smashing! Last time I dropped 27 lbs. by mostly following the program. I am not in a rush, so I am doing detox again and then moving through the phases. It is definitely a doable plan.

Vegetarians can eat as they normally would, but being cautious about the carbs, cheese, etc. when you reach the final phase.
That's definitely what I was having a problem with before I started on this, cheese and "bad" carbs! I'm hoping that I can learn to fill up on the good ones and avoid the bad ones more!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #10  
barb

Height: 5'7

I just got the book from the library looking forward to trying it!
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote