General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #1  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Default Clean Eating {Tosca Reno} Lets keep track

Hi all just starting this up so we have a new home to keep up our posting. Will put more info in later feel free to add your STUFF!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #2  
Training for life!

Breakfast" usual 6 egg whites ,veggie scramble,mrs dash spices and 1 cup oatmeal with 2tbl bee pollen, 2tbls, wheat germ,2 tbl ground flax
mid meal 2 cup veggie 3/4 can tuna lemon juice mrs dash

OFF to work
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

It's great to see another clean eater on here I've been trying to follow Tosca's plan for the past 2 years... the key word is trying, since I've had lots of stumbling blocks!!!!!

Devadiva.... Looks like you had great results... I'll be checkin out your meals for sure
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/183/145

Height: 5"4

I'll start food eats today (but I won't post this weekend, I'll be away from a computer! )

M1: Oatmeal, protein powder, bee pollen, wheat germ, banana, raisins & cinnamon (I'm out of flax! Need to go grocery shopping!)
M2: Apple, handful almonds
M3: Tuna Salad: Water packed tuna, mixed greens, celery, balsamic & evoo dressing, 1 slice ww ciabbata toasted with a spray of evoo.
M4: Rice crackers with homemade hummus (from Tosca's cookbook)
M5: Out for dinner for my sister's b-day...will have to be careful of what I order (but I know I'll be drinking some wine!)
M6: The tiniest slice of cake the world has even since (I just can't say no, she's my little sister & my sister in-law is a pastry chef!!)
mandymic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #5  

Btw, I may only be down 6lbs since I started at 3fc, but I lost an additional 15lbs before I came on this forum from eating clean!!
Woohoo!!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

I bought the books before the East Coast snowstorms and hubby is on board with it...now we just have to be able to get out to the store and get groceries that are on the plan.

Just cutting back (and being sick with strep the week before )hubby is down 10 lbs and me 5...all the shoveling has to be helping too.

The hardest thing for me to give up will be soda.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #7  
Training for life!

Mandymic :great going on you weight loss, and you BD party sounds fun everything in moderation and small tastes!!!
Jules: Boy those storms are a bear but sounds like you are doing well in spite of them EXERCISE really helps me On the soda thing I use to be a SODA HOLIC it was best to go cold turkey and just do the water thing I like mine room temp and can drink Massive amts NOW. When out or need somethiing different I drink Iced Tea

as for me I finished my day out with another couple meals yesterday
NF yougrt 1 cup with 1/2 frozen blueberries {i love it}
2 cups greens chicken breast small and mrs dash lemon juice
1/2 tom 1 zuke small chicken breast 1/2 sweet potatoe {this is what I take to eat as last meal at work aound 6 pm

Last edited by devadiva; 02-12-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #8  
Training for life!

A little about me I am 57 almost 58 have to keep calories low at this age have always been overweight most of my lfe until I discovered this type of eating and EXERCISE The 2 have trasformed me from DUMPY to having a body of my dreams to bad I had to wait to be an Oler women to have a HOT BODY!!!HA HA
mt husbands words. This way of eating is helping to change my metabolism and help me mantain my weight loss and never be hugry and I love these foods!
P.S Iam a Waitress and I use to hate exercise and was the one that cut P.E.class now I can't get enough I have sooo much more energy

Last edited by devadiva; 02-12-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Deva--I just turned 44 in December, I gained over 70 lbs with my daughter (who is going to be 23), I lost 30 and then hubby started getting insecrue and I let him sabotage my efforts. I have gained and lost over the years, I am at my heaviest again, I lost 15 lbs last year and then my mom got sick and I started the mindless graving from the stress. I am soo tired of this weight and really need to get serious this time.

With all the shoveling and we actually cut up a tree today so the chopping and stacking should count as exercise. I walked down and back up our 600+ hilly driveway. That is something I am going to do daily no matter how cold it is.

well gotta go!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #10  
Training for life!

Todays eats baciclly ame as yesterday excet I had an apple instead of the yougrt and blueberries. will eat same meal at work and smae chicken salad mid dinner is being eaten as I write.
Jules take one day at a time that is how I started my exercising by making a commitment to ME! Just ME and keeping it I straight out just told my husband this is how I am going to eat and I will cook for you all the things you LOVE and I will go out to dinner BUT I will have only certain things He is on board YES there were times at first where there was an adjustment but it works great. YOU just need to LOVE yourself enough to say I want to LIVE and FEEL BETTER and LIKE MYSELF!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #11  
Training for life!

Went out to eat twict on Valentines Day for Breakfast with friends out of town and also with my husband as was able to stay totally clean YEAH makes me happy when I can get the choices with out makeing a big deal. DON"T know if I mentioned but I am a WAITRESS and I hate people that say they are ALLERGIC and they ARE NOT they just want things a little different BE UP FRONT ASK FOR WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE AND DO REALIZE they cannot and won't do everything and be willing to PAY! I always try and tell my customers what I AM ABLE TO DO!!! And they are SOOOO happy! NOW I am at my lowest weight EVER 125 might be just for the day but its all GOOD!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #12  
Training for life!

Am beefing up my workout curiousnto nsee if I get hungier I currently do clx and 1 h of cardio kickboxing, but starting today I am doing INSANITY with CLX and throwing in the kickboxing when I can because I love it will see how it goes.
EATS have been great...
Just my usual . Have started adding a tablespoon of the bee pollen to my NF yougrt{plain and frozen blueberries its better yet! We had grilled salmon on the bq last night our weather is getting nice here.with sm salad and green beans Wonderful! Hope you all are well Jump in and post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #13  

Sounds good deva, I ALWAYS get hungrier when I'm working out, but I know that I'm doing better for my body so even if I'm eating more, I know I've burned more calories as well.
The weekend went much better than I expected it too! Woohoo! I had a smallish piece of cake and a few drinks (spread over Fri, Sat parties and Sunday V-day dinner) and other than that everything was pretty clean!!

So do have to say that I made V-day dinner for the bf and I out of Tosca Reno's cookbooks and it was sooo good!
For our first course, I made Green Pea and Basil Soup of of her new Eat-Clean Diet Recharged book, then I made one of my bf & my favorite dishes, salmon! I used the directions on how to brine salmon in her first cookbook. Then I roasted some veggies and made Quinoa with sun dried tomatoes to accompany the salmon.
It was a larger than usual meal but it was DELICIOUS!
And for the final course (The best part of dinner according to my bf & I), he actually helped me make Tofu Creme Brule from her hardcover book (yeah I know, I have a lot of her books!) and it was AH-MAZING! In university I worked at a really upscale restaurant that had an amazing creme brule and I never thought I would eat a better one, let alone one without tons of egg yolks and such! This was probably the best dish I've ever had of one of Tosca's recipes. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!

Yum! Hope you guys had a great V-day!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #14  
Training for life!

Wow you are so good with your cooking I just keep it so simple can't get my husband into it though he needs to lose maybe 35 to 40 lbs indue time. Just live by example. He is turely a busy man. We live at a resort. And we are in F&B we get our meals free in an EMP CAF I chose to eat at home ...we also work ALOT of different shifts MOSTLY because he is management and orks all the time!!!So he eats whenever he can{not the best situation}.
MY eats have been same course STEADY ITS like I ditto them from day to day with small changes it works for me and its easy to shop. I LIVE HOURS from a town. TIME TO WORK OUT!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #15  

Wow it does sound like you lead an exciting life though!

V-day was a special dinner for the 2 of us (with leftovers for the next day!). I always leave leftovers so that I can eat the same clean thing again or I can mix it up and use extra chicken in a wrap or salad etc.
I still live at home (I know, I know) with my parents and sister, so someone is always cooking and will usually prepare something for everyone it's just a matter of what the meal is. We all try to eat healthy/clean but sometimes a lot of cheese will creep its way into a dish! lol

Also, my bf is crazy into the idea of eating clean which is great but he's never cooked a day in his life! We keep saying our eats will be much more focused when we move in together but we want to pay off our student debts before we start depending more on each other. I think we'll be much more focused when that happens, plus he's interested in learning how to cook so I hope that sticks when the two of us are under one roof!