General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 09:24 AM   #91  

Ok! Did it! 2 miles.
Going to do it every day this week!
Also going to get back drinking my water and journal'n my food!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:42 AM   #92  

Good morning Girls. Well sent DH off this morning about 6:30am, he has about a five hour drive then classes all afternoon today. Poor fellow. So now I have to get ready to tackle the wall paper job when I get home tonight. (Trying to get in the right mind set...so far not working) Kind of wimped out on getting started this weekend. DH just hates the mess so I try to get it done while he is away. I hope to take off a half day tomorrow but being the end of the month cut off for us on Wednesday I'm not sure that I can.

I'm having a terrible time staying within my eating plan, if I don't get a handle on it NOW I'll be up ten instead of down ten by the end of the challenge.

Tiger: WTG on the exercise. The challenges really help me with that part of it. (Haven't done much since the 3 point one ended)

Anyway as Kayla says, I gotta jet! Be back later.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:05 AM   #93  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

I will post more in a few minutes. Need to get settled in at work this morning, but I want everyone to do something for me today.

I want to know what you LIKE about your body. Can't be a personality thing, HAS to be a body thing. And feel free to list as many as you want.

I'll start...

1. I like my feet. I have seen some UGLY feet. And mine are pretty darn cute as feet go. I like them very much.

2. I like my eyes, they are a very nice blue.

3. I like my hair too, it's pretty.

4. I like my shoulders and back too. They looks good.

5. My butt is improving. I am GROWING to like it more.

Ok, now my stomach is starting to turn with all this self-love...so I will stop, but you get the idea.

I am just curious, what we DO like about our bodies.

Tiff
Old 09-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #94  

1. I have very nice hands and fingernails. Hands are really pretty with new jewelry!
2. I have very blue eyes. They sparkle when I'm up to no good.
3. Ears are okay, again I like them better with nice jewelry. heehee.

That's about it. I don't hate the rest of my body but it needs lots of improvement.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #95  

Feels like a brain teaser

I like my nails, long nail beds.
I like that I am tall...most of the time.
I have good shoulders, no slip'n straps here.
DH likes my feet
Old 09-23-2002, 10:54 AM   #96  

Tiff, you didnt say...are you gonna try weights at home? Do you already own weights? What kind does the program require?
My library doesnt have the book, gonna look at walmart while I'm out today.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:09 AM   #97  

Hey Tig, the book came out in 2001. It is a large red paperback...with a black border and Kathy Smith on the front wearing a black tank and lifting a silver barbell.

It says, Kathy Smith's Lift Weight to Lose Weight, 1 hour a week to the body you want...

Like I said, I bought it at Barnes and Noble and it was actually discounted a little off the cover price which was only $15.95 anyway. If you can't find it at Walmart...check out a bookstore...you can flip through it and see that it is interesting! To say the least!

Here is the link through Barnes and Noble, so you can see what it looks like anyway...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...sbn=0446676314

I am going to do it at home, and I have some hand weights already...I have 1, 3 and 5's. I am picking up 8's and 10's tonight. I NEVER use the 1 pounders, I don't know why I bought them.

There are a couple of exercises in there that use ankle weights too, but Walmart has them for 9 bucks...so I may pick up a set of those too.

We could be weight-lifting buds, and complain about our aches and pains and then CHEER when we finally see our muscles coming out of hiding!!!

Tiff
Old 09-23-2002, 11:15 AM   #98  

Tiff, That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna try to find the book and get some weights. Then, maybe we could progress through the program together.
I looked the book up online earlier and read some info on it. Library has an online catalog..that's how I know they don't have it. But, I probably want to own it anyway. I'm on a mission!
Hope little DS is ready to run around with his mom on a wild goose chase.....renamed "altoid chase".
Old 09-23-2002, 11:30 AM   #99  

Hey Tig, Kathy Smith says to do the weights 2-3 times a week and do 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week, and stretching exercises (which are in her book) 6 times a week. But they are relaxing and feel nice!

So, it would look like this....

Monday - Cardio and stretching
Tuesday - Weights and stretching
Wednesday - Cardio and stretching
Thursday - Weights and stretching
Friday - Cardio and stretching
Saturday - Weights and stretching
Sunday - Free Day

I have the Walk away the Pounds video too...we could do that for our cardio on M,W and F....Hmmmm....almost as good as meeting in person 6 days a week!

Tiff
Old 09-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #100  
DNW

Hi All:

I like my ears and I have really good skin for a soon to be 54 year old. No one ever thinks I am as old as I am. Also my feet are pretty nice too....although bottoms have become dry during menopause....but I grease them babies with E-lactinol an Rx and it really makes a difference.

I have strong legs which are really huge but I like them now because they carry me around.

Tiffany & Tigerlily: I am that you two are getting into the weights....it will be exciting to compare our progress.

Semo: You'll be OK...just keep coming back here, we are all here for you and I know I have been where you are...but I gotta say it again....that FitDay.com food journaling site is really keeping me honest about me food...wish I had found it sooner.

Wheb lifting don't forget to breathe...those muscles need oxygen to grow and alot of times people unconcisouly hold their breathe.

Love to All!!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:38 AM   #101  

Where's Dyan? Last time she posted she was heading for the hospital. Has anyone had a PM? Hope you're doing okay, Dyan!

Tiger - I got out my slippers this morning, too!

DNW - Way to go - respecting your own needs, saying NO, and liking it!

Huntress - Sorry for your loss. Hang in there!

What do I like about my body? Well, I appreciate the fact that I don't grow much body hair. If I don't shave my legs for a while - it's hard to see the hairs. I love all the things it my body can do - especially with my hands. I guess I like my hair - it's interesting. It changes color and texture. Blond with the sun, curly from salt water, wavy from washing, a life of its own in humidity, can be slick and straight from conditioning, browner and redder with age and climate change, sparkly silver hairs filling in at the temples (at 31!). It can be frustrating, and it doesn't have a style most of the time - but it is what it is - like me. For the most part I feel like there's pros and cons about a lot of features, but I can live with it.

My friend who's in Weight Watchers got a book from them with recipes - called Cook it Quick. I was pleasantly surprised! Don't know if anyone has seen this but I like it! I'm going to see if I can get a copy. Otherwise, I may have to break some copyright laws.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:01 PM   #102  

Dyan appears to be alive and well. She posted on the Halloween Challenge this morning, I was waiting for her to post here and let us know how she is doing...maybe she is busy.....

Cafe, your hair sounds BEAUTIFUL! And don't worry about breaking those laws!!!! I LOVE a good recipe! I will have to look tonight when I go to my WW meeting!

Well, I am off to do some research....back in a while.

Tiff
Old 09-23-2002, 12:29 PM   #103  

Yep, just ordered the book. Ya'll have to wait until I can get mine...don't want to be left in the dust. (guess you could just give me instructions day by day, oh yea I need pictures too!)
Old 09-23-2002, 12:44 PM   #104  

LOL, WAY TO GO SEMO!!!! Now you know, I will feel like a big ole butt if you guys get it and think it sucks or something. LOL....I just really liked it and thought that it would be a good place for me to start. Maybe after I do this 12 week program, then I will feel more ready for the BFL commitment. I think it is a little more "hardcore, or serious". This will be a good intro for me to see if I really enjoy it and I can get toned up a little too. I fully believe, that I will eventually get to the BFL stage in my life...I like the program and I like the results. The diet part scares me a little. It is so serious. I still like to eat the way I like to eat. I like to watch my calories and fat and not worry about my protein and all that, but I know that eventually, I will have to go that route if I want to REALLY see some strong results. But I am not in a hurry. I have time to get to that point.

And starting with Kathy Smith is a good start. She suggests 4 meals a day, spread out every 3-4 hours. And she also suggests a diet made up of the following....

25% protein
50% carbs
25% fat

There really is a lot of information in there to digest, so to speak...but you can read it when you get it!

Tiff
Old 09-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #105  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm here!! Whew! Come in and start to read, can't post because I'm interrupted. Come back later, have to read more posts. Get interrupted again. What's with this boss of mine anyway.

Coworker just came in with a McD's bag. I'm worried that the smell will come wafting my way. Perhaps it's time for me to go eat my WW frozen dinner.

Huntress, thanks for your concern but Isidore wasn't interested in us. Didn't even get any rain. A little further north lost power for a while but nothing too scary.

Weekend was a bust as far as dieting and staying on program. I was very bad. But I'm going to the gym tonight. Can't go on my usual Tuesday night because I'm getting my hair cut. I've had it with this mess on top of my head. I've kept it long so I could pull it up in a ponytail during the summer. But summer's over and it's time to get serious. Ever see Melanie Griffith in Working Girl? "If ya wanna be taken seriously, ya gotta have serious hair." Time for a change in Jo's life. Not just a trim this time. Watch this space....

Now about this "what I like about my body" thing.....

Hmm.......?????

Thinking....thinking.........
Closed Thread