General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:33 PM   #316  

anyone miss me???
cant stay long, i miss you all tons!!! e-mail me if you guys get a chance....
[email protected]
Old 10-11-2002, 05:27 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

OK, so I'm REALLY beginning to get worried about Tiffany. All kidding aside, she's never missed a single day on here except when she went on her vacation. I find it hard to believe that something like a job is keeping her from here. I haven't kept up with the challenges, is she posting there? I hope that she and her family are all OK.

LJ
Old 10-11-2002, 09:06 AM   #318  
Long Lost Chickie

Huntress, I'm with you. Where's our gal Tiffany? I see Kayla's come out of the woodwork. Brighter's here. Some of the others we don't hear from sometimes. But our beloved leader!?!?!

Maybe she's just feeling blah. Maybe she's having weather like mine here - gray and yucky. Maybe she hates her job as much as I hate mine these days. Nah! That's not possible. Hm, maybe she doesn't love us anymore.....

No, that's definitely not possible!! We're so lovable. Tiff, if you're reading this, pop in and say hi. Post a dancing banana. Send up a flare. Anything. See, you can't have a moment's peace from us.

I have to go. Boss is leaving for a business trip next week but that means has to get EVERYTHING done today. And the old *itch was supposed to take vacation today and decided to come in. Well, at least it's Friday.....
Old 10-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #319  

Yeah! I'm off to a good start today. Exercise and a balanced breakfast. I hope I can pull it through the day and into the weekend.

I know I've said it before, but the food thing constantly has me stumped. So, I've decided to simplify it. First off, I'm going to concentrate on breakfast and lunch. Those are the meals I have to most control over because I generally eat them alone. I'm going to plan a couple options for these meals and stick with them for a few weeks. It may get boring, but the end result will be worth it. Then, when that is under my thumb...I'll work on supper. Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to go hog wild for supper. It just isn't my main focus. BAbble babble. Am I making a good plan?

Poor Huntress, a stye. I haven't had one of those for years! Knock on wood!

Brighter, you mean when the kids get older they control your schedule MORE?! Tell me it aint so!

If I'm MIA over the weekend, don't worry. I'll be back on Monday!

Old 10-11-2002, 09:40 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey......

I'm in the middle of a gall bladder attack, so I'm not to energized or happy (at all). Actually I'm in a whole lot of pain, but since there is really nothing I can do it ablout it at the moment, I'm trying to focus on other things. So, in GB class, the doc passes around actual gall stones and by gaed, they actually look like rocks ! I have no idea what I was expecting. Some of them were huge! One o them was the actual size of the gall bladder. Man, that must have hurt! So I was able to schedule my surgery for Friday, Nov. 15th. YIPPEE ! I'll be on disability until Nov. 29 th, and will return to work on Monday, Dec 2nd. , Which is great as I'll be on vacation from Nov. 22nd through the 29th. So I'm pretty sure that this my way of not actually thinking about the incisions they'll make etc.....I'm really trying to see the silver lining in all this.

Brighter: Please don't tell me that it gets worse. As it is I'm up at 4:30 AM to workout, just so that my rugrats can't bother me.

I'll be back.....need to go toss my cookies....really....feel....sick....
Old 10-11-2002, 10:20 AM   #321  

Dyan! I'm sorry you are so sick. I was just going to ask you how GB class went. I bet you'll be glad to get that sucker out (or the stones, if that's what they're doing). I think that not thinking about it is the right thing to do. It will be fine.

Huntress, I'm glad things are just "normal crazy." Mmmm bread. Did I ever tell you that I worked in a gourmet cafe/bakery? Yep, for a whole year.

There is something very cozy about walking to work through the snow (hurrying not to be late), pushing the doorbell on an anoymous side door, being let in to a rush of warmth and then, after hanging up your outerwear and donning an apron, pouring a cup of coffee and going to work stacking a few hundred loaves of specialty breads, arranging displays of scones & breadsticks and taking the new-finished cakes from the finisher's table to the display case as they are done. Sometimes I'd have to go down the hall to where the ovens were... That was the world of the BAKERS. Tread with care and leave before you screw something up.

Kayla - it's nice to see your smiling face! I love ya, girl, but in spite of your busy schedule we'll have to greet each other here. I don't even email my family, LOL! I am NO GOOD as a correspondent. I wanted you to know so you wouldn't think I just don't care because that is not the case.

Jello, -MY- old *itch called in sick today... again. Her boss said this morning, "She can't ever get sick on a Wednesday, can she? Only on the weekend." Sometimes it really gets to me, but most of the time I try to embrace, as I call it, "The zen of someone else doing a sh!tty job."

Tiger, Your plan sounds good to me, start with what you can do. Then as you get better/more creative at thinking about what kinds of foods work, you'll come up with recipes for dinner that are in your "plan."

Bright, Early morning seems to work... sometimes. I really have to force myself out of bed - it is very hard for me. H deciding (as of this week) to coincide with my workout time has been a HUGE boon. But I'm so darn busy, it's the only time of day I can really make room and honestly say that I know it's possible to be consistent. I have to go to bed earlier, but I'm tired anyway.

Semo - good morning, gal! You're probably posting right now, too.

Tiffany, DNW
Old 10-11-2002, 11:06 AM   #322  

Cafe, we seem to have a knack of being on here at the same time. So good morning. Still wet and cool here so I shouldn't have to work this weekend.

I get up early and do my exercises too, I just feel better knowing that I've got that out of the way and won't have to think about it until the next morning. I'm really looking forward to Sunday....NO EXERCISE... Let's see not much else going on today. QVC is having crafts all day so I keep getting on their site and getting on the live air.....I'm going to get SOOOOooooooooo busted. I love crafts, I keep trying to convience myself that I'm artistic, but lately I only buy the stuff to do it with and that's as far as I get. My friend and I have this contest, who ever owns the most craft stuff when we die wins..............sick aren't I.

Gotta Jet. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #323  
Long Lost Chickie

QVC is having a craft day!?!?!?!? How'd I miss that!??!

Hurrying off to open a second internet explorer window....

OK, now I've got the live broadcast playing in the background. Cool! A candle kit! Ooh and look at the sparkly pens. And the painting kits. And that! Oh and look at this! I want one of those and two of those and a couple of these......!!!!!!

SEMO, I'm like you. Love to shop at the crafty shops. I have no real talent but have set up an entire "work shop" in the basement and spend lots of time ... and money ... on that stuff. Ooh! Ahh!

Dyan, I'm sorry you're hurting. Glad to hear you've got the surgery scheduled and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still so looking forward to my biopsy on the 24th. Maybe you and I can be in the hospital "together"?

Gotta run. They're gonna sell out.....!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 11:41 AM   #324  

Hey Ladies ,m

Whew the attack has passed! And I'm feeling pretty chipper.

Huntress: Nope no word from Tiff on the 3 pt challenge or the KS threads. I'm starting to worry also. In the time I've been here she's always popped in and said she was busy or what not. Hey, hope that sty goes away soon....yuckima!

Jello ~ Girl your just too funny. I hope ya got what they were selling. I'll be waiting to hear how things go on the 24th.

Hello, My name is Dyan, and I'm a shop-o-holic!! Honest, I swear. I've got enough stuff to make about 20 scrap books. But the problem is time and space. I thought baout taking over the dining room table, but I can already see grubby little hands coming up over the table, reaching for things. Once we move, I need to make sure that I have a place for "ME, me, me"

Cafe: So the deal w/ my surgery is, I have to be there @ 6 am. I will be knocked out and taken to surgery. It should take approx 45 mins to an hour. The will 4-5 small incisions and remove the freakin thing. Then depending on how things went and how I'm doing I should be released 2-4 hours later. Doc says I should be able to start getting back into my normal routine by that Sunday. Then by that next Friday....we're off to Utah....to take the kids to the snow..
Old 10-11-2002, 11:54 AM   #325  

Dyanm, knocked OUT, they probably don't realize that you are working out with weights and may have a real fight on their hands. Go slugger. Kidding aside you will feel so much better and sounds as if you have everything all worked out on vacation and medical leave. Playing in the snow, gosh your kiddies will love that.

Okay, back to shopping............
Old 10-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #326  

Semo & Jello ~ I'm so jealous!! I want to shop!! Actually, I'm getting ready to order a snow suit for Cheyenne. I know what your thinking. Why? when we're only going to be there for a week. Well.....because we'll be moving there next summer and eventually Kaleigha will growing to.

I kept meaning to ask......Do you all think it would be okay if the first person on, on Monday, could start a new thread? This one is getting super long, and for some reason when I click go to first unread post, it takes me to the last post and I have to scroll up to make sure that I didn't miss anything....
Old 10-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #327  

I ~love~ craft stuff. But I try to hold back because once I start I want EVERYTHING!? H teases me - "oh, so we're on to knitting - I guess those beads will just gather dust for eternity, then?" LOL. I've been meaning to get organized and decide what I'm going to "do" this winter. I have a cross stitch project I started more than 10 years ago (not a chance)...

Dyan, you must be glad that it will be OUT of your body, since it's causing you so much pain.

We ARE avoiding making a new thread, aren't we. I'm hoping that Tiffany will get done with the work week from **** and come back and make one this weekend. But yeah, it has to be done eventually. (sniff)
Old 10-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #328  
Long Lost Chickie

I skipped lunch.

Huh? Jello skipped a meal? This is serious!

I'm feeling ... punk. It's been raining for almost 3 days and it's so cold and gray. I have a headache that just won't quit and this medication is still playing games with my stomach and ... uh ... digestion.

OK, get this. Boss came to me and told me he was losing sleep over this "thing" I'm "doing" on the 24th. Well, will I be back? When? What about this and what about that? And "me me me me me"!!!! I tried to explain that I had to see what the biopsy showed. He asked why I needed a biopsy and I said it was because of the cancer I had and he said he didn't know I'd had cancer!! Uh, what cave have you been livin' in!?!?!?! I finally told him how sorry I was that my health problems were so inconvenient for HIM. Big, dumb jerk!!!!!!

Whew. Grumble. Only 2 and a half more hours.......

P.S. Didn't buy anything from QVC but now I'm itching to get to my little workshop and see what mayhem I can create.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:49 PM   #329  

Jello - your boss is a grade A a$$hole. He's fired. Go out to Monster.com and find yourself a new job. As soon as you're back from your inconvenient "thing" and everything's good, tell him to shove it! {{{hugs}}}
Old 10-11-2002, 04:40 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Dyan - why are they making you wait so long to have your surgery? Seems to me that if you're already in lots of pain they could get you in sooner, or is this some insurance company talking. I hope you feel better soon, you're a strong woman to keep on going with that kind of pain.

Semo - don't even talk to me! I LOVE crafts, but I suck at it. You smart people that make such pretty things and mine always come out looking like a lump of junk. Anyways, if you can't tell I'm jealous, maybe you could give me a lesson or two someday.

Cafe - my dearest, you worked in a bakery, ah, I can just smell it now. Heaven, pure heaven

Jello - you must be one tough cookie, honey if that was me I'd given that jerk a piece of my mind.

Well, I finally got a few minutes to relax and play a little, almost time to go home. Whew, boy am I glad. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

LJ
Closed Thread