General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #1  

Default Strict diet-plan

Dear All,

What do you feel about this plan ?

Breakfast; 1 slice of bread( not white) with cheese + milk

Lunch; fruit, vegetables and water + 2 slices of bread (not white)

Dinner; Chicken or veal combined with vegetables, no bread, no rice, no pasta, no potatoes.

Would it kill my appetite ?

Thanks, BR LASSE
LasseKohau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #2  
Turtle not Ostrich

S/C/G: 360/341.5/?

Height: 5'4

wow. why are you going that strict? Is it to lose some #'s quickly? Just my opinion, but I would consider adding fruit & veggies to all three meals, take the bread away from all but 1 (make sure it is a multi-grain bread) and add some more protein. Good luck!
ter22ese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Sounds very hard to stick with. I agree with ter22ese's comments.
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

EEK! You might be able to spend the rest of your days eating this menu every day, but I definitely couldn't. IMHO, it looks like an accident waiting to happen. Too strict, not sustainable. But, I really enjoy food and want to continue to enjoy eating, just not the way I used to eat. Not a lot of fats, not a lot of sugar, not a lot of junk. Just good, balanced food with as many nutrients I can cram in. And a skinny cow ice cream sammich sometimes.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Translating that to exchanges so I can get an idea of portions...

Breakfast;

1 starch
1 milk
1 fat

Lunch;

1 fruit
1 vegetables
2 starch

4 protein
2 vegetables

Too low.

The exchanges for 1200 (minimum!) are
http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/fammed/cus...00cal_menu.pdf

Nothing wrong with doing a pattern like the exchange system, but I'd go to 1200 to start and don't be surprised if it needs to be higher.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-08-2010 at 05:55 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Remember that you need to eat to burn calories- so if you restrict too much you could just end up lowering your metabolism and not losing anything.

I see in your first thread you want to lose 15 kilos in 4 months- which is 33 lbs. That's basically just over 2 lbs a week.

Do you mind posting your current weight? I think that is too little food and there is virtually no protein in your breakfast.

As for killing your appetite IMO I think it would make you go crazy and binge after a few days.

Following a sensible diet plan and exercise schedule, depending on your weight- you can lose 1-2 lbs a week.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I keep beating this drum, but I think it's important: even if you don't have stomach pangs after the first three days, it doesn't mean that you aren't hungry--"hungry" can come out as irritable, absent-minded and tired. After a few weeks of irritable, absent-minded, and tired, people snap and go back to "normal".

You would probably lose weight on that diet, but you would lose [/i]the exact same amount[/i] on a diet with a lot more food involved--especially protein.

You really want to avoid "if some is good, more is better" type thinking--that's what leads to diets where people eat nothing but celery and drink 200 oz of water a day.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote