General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #481  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by egent0032 View Post
I just got my bodyfit yesterday in the mail and have been wearing it all day. I had some good experience with it at a bootcamp i did in Jan but I was also spending 14 hours a day in the gym. I hope I will still get results in my day to day (albeit slower). I have taken to calling it my electronic babysitter to make me more accountable for moving throughout the day. Doesn't help that I spend 9 hours a day in a cube.
My husband calls me "part Borg..."

Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #482  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks a bunch WSN!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 266/238/145

Rebound: That's cute.

Is anyone doing a challenge during the summer? I could use all the motivation I can get.
egent0032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #484  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ok LADIES! I thought I would share
So my subscription is up and I am mostly in maitanance ( I have hit a stable weight that I have maintained for the last 6 months) and althought I still have about 10 I would still like to lose, I was going to hopd off renuing until the fall. I hate wearing the BB in the warm weather. So I have been reading on the BB site and a few of the women have been putting their BB in their bra. I have done that today and although my readings are slightly low (maybe 20 cals on my 1.5 hour walk) I am so good with this! I can wear my BB for the summer and work on those 10 lbs instead of waiting until fall.

I do believe my BB has found a new home (left side under the armpit in my bra band)
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #485  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
Ok LADIES! I thought I would share
So my subscription is up and I am mostly in maitanance ( I have hit a stable weight that I have maintained for the last 6 months) and althought I still have about 10 I would still like to lose, I was going to hopd off renuing until the fall. I hate wearing the BB in the warm weather. So I have been reading on the BB site and a few of the women have been putting their BB in their bra. I have done that today and although my readings are slightly low (maybe 20 cals on my 1.5 hour walk) I am so good with this! I can wear my BB for the summer and work on those 10 lbs instead of waiting until fall.

I do believe my BB has found a new home (left side under the armpit in my bra band)
So explain a bit how do you deal with the strap so it doesn't cause chafing? I like this idea as I live in SC and the humidity is gonna make this a challenge to wear.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #486  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by egent0032 View Post
So explain a bit how do you deal with the strap so it doesn't cause chafing? I like this idea as I live in SC and the humidity is gonna make this a challenge to wear.

no strap. pop it out and put the sensors on your skin. the bra band holds it in place.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 175/144/125

Height: 5'1

wearing it in your bra sounds awesome! I'm goint to try that. I have wore it on my calf and that worked okay, but the calories varied alot compared to the arm
mustangheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #488  

So it records even if its not in the strap band, as long as the sensors are touching your skin? Aaaaweeesome!! So totally taking advantage of this. I've heard about people wearing on their calf but that's usually only while they go biking..to get more accurate readings.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #489  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for posting the bra tip!

I'm in the hot and steamy south, too - and it's been bugging me. (Plus, I don't like how it looks with a cute summer top! And, I've had folks ask me about it, which annoys the heck out of me.)
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 278/278/170

Height: 6'0

I have a BodyBugg that I got a few months ago. Guess this would be a good time to charge it and try it out

Completely forgot about it. Y'all have inspired me to try it!
AZgal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #491  

S/C/G: 223/179/155

Height: 5'

Default suggestions on Bodybugg or other brands

Hi, I'm new here, I am thinking about getting one of the monitors,I just can't find any comparison charts on them. Does the bodybugg monitor sleep also? I know the same people that made the first bodybugg, is now making Dotfit. I'm leaning towards dotfit cause it seems less expensive and I did read where it monitors sleep and body bugg doesn't.
Any help in pointing me in the right direction will be most appreciated.
Mistweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #492  

S/C/G: 272/254/130

Height: 5'0

Yea!! My GWF arrived this afternoon and I have already started wearing it. I also got the display and have already started to experience some of the same problems people have expressed about it un-syncing. it was rather annoying as i was using the trip meter and of course i lost all of that, but all in all, I still like being able to see my overall calories burned. LOL, It told me I had reached my goal after just a few hours of wearing. Since I have read all of your posts, I realize that is not accurate, but unfortunately I burn alot slower than it seems to think. I just plugged it in so it could charge, and I my data uploaded. It was giving me 2 cals/min just for sleeping, but in real time I actually was only burning 1.5 cals/min just sitting here watching tv. UUUGGGHHH, LOL, I dont want to be a slow burner!! Anyway, just wanted to check in and say how excited I was to finally get my GWF. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have a good day tomorrow.
FloridaGirl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 272/254/130

Height: 5'0

Opps, I forgot to ask .... Has anyone ever just "laid low" for the first week of wearing it, just to kind of see what your basic numbers are without exercise?? I am kind of thinking about doing that, but on the other hand I dont know if I should just figure that out from the graph during times that I know I wasnt really doing anything. Is this first week basically going to not be real anyway since it has to "get to know me" first?? Just a few questions I have been thinking about. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

one last thing ... I think the post above regarding wearing it in the bra was interesting. I live in Florida so that definitely seems interesting, but it did give me one concern. I dont know how to say this without just saying it, (kind of gross, but its a reality)... does anyone think the sweat (more sweat in the underarm bra area, than on the outside of the arm) would adversely affect it??
FloridaGirl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 278/278/170

Height: 6'0

WOW!!!

I am SO amazed the difference in the calories from the bodybugg and what the treadmill says.

It's a real wake up call!
AZgal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #495  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Wow, great tip about the bra. That sounds like a great solution for me.

An update on my washing machine incident. The unit finally turns on and off correctly, but the physical activity readings are way off. It is recording steps pretty accurately,but without the proper physical activity I didn't see the real benefit. I broke down and purchased a new unit. I got one from someone on ebay and it will be here next week. I talked to Bodymedia and they said when I synch it for the first time it should transfer all my data from online, so I won't lose it. Lesson learned the hard way. Never leave it on the bed while taking a shower, it could end up in the wash when your husbands pulls the sheets off the bed.
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote