General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #16  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Default Day 1 for me.

This is sooooo inspiring! Just finishing up my first day.

I opted out of the 55 minutes of exercise for 10 minutes of strenuous dancing due to the fact that I was running errands with my sister. I found my food to be pretty bland, especially my frozen spinach. I was a little afraid to season it, I didn't want to go over board. My energy was pretty steady and I decided to eat (3) pickle slices throughout the day to assuage any hungry pangs.

For my snack I had two graham crackers (beds) twice 5 hours from each other.

Tomorrow I plan on including my exercise (in full force.) My family made fun of me throughout the day because of the type of food I was eating. I told them it should get better with time considering Day 1 has the most "non-exciting" choice of foods.

Lastly, my grocery bill was $145 for two weeks worth of food. Although I'm sure I over did it and purchased food for three weeks or more.

My cheat moment: Which really isn't a cheat, however I know I'll be up quite late so instead of having two servings of veggies for Meal # 4 I had one, and will save the other incase I get a little hungry later, it's only 8:12m (EST) now.
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #17  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Tryinghardtolose,

Looks like you are doing great with your meals. The food is a little strict, maybe even a boring to some, but as long as you're losing...then GREAT! Get the exercise in and you are golden!

I am just checking in now before I go to the gym. My sleep has been horrible lately. Got a new friend (blush) and we have been saying up all night onthe phone. I must get my sleep in though because when I don't my weightloss temporarily stalls. So I must get my sleep in tonight!

Off to do my cardio! Will check in later.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #18  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Tryinghardtolose,

Looks like you are doing great with your meals. The food is a little strict, maybe even a boring to some, but as long as you're losing...then GREAT! Get the exercise in and you are golden!

I am just checking in now before I go to the gym. My sleep has been horrible lately. Got a new friend (blush) and we have been saying up all night onthe phone. I must get my sleep in though because when I don't my weightloss temporarily stalls. So I must get my sleep in tonight!

Off to do my cardio! Will check in later.
Thanks! I just finished my cardio (26 minutes) going later to finish the last four minutes, and additional 30 minutes.

I also have a new friend and we are bad with the phone. We stay on the phone until 4am at moments and I then have to get up at 8am.

I told him I can no longer to that. I was in the bed by 9pm last night.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #19  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Tryinghardtolose,

Its great having a friend, but BOY... between trying not to go out to eat/drink and staying up all night... I dont know what I'm going to do! Haha..
I will learn to balance it out though.

Completed 55 minutes of cardio. Got it in, but was really fighting for every minute of it. Sweat like a dog but I think the lack of sleep made me want to get the heck out of there!

Have a get together to go to tonight at one of my best friend's house. Gosh, I hate to be a bummer, but I hate when stuff like this comes up when I am on a strict plan! I know he's going to have some bbq, probably mac and cheese, chips, cookies, and all the works, but I am just going to have to kindly say no and focus on having a good time without feeding my face! It will be hard, but I will reminding myself how empowered I will feel if I leave out of there without endulging in the forbidden foods! What I think I will do is go ahead and bring a bottle of wine with me. You can have 2 glasses a week on Extreme. I would rather have something that I know I can have then worry about drinking sugar filled pomegranate martinis that he makes!

..The life of a dieter!

I will get lean, I will get lean!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #20  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Tryinghardtolose,

Its great having a friend, but BOY... between trying not to go out to eat/drink and staying up all night... I dont know what I'm going to do! Haha..
I will learn to balance it out though.

Completed 55 minutes of cardio. Got it in, but was really fighting for every minute of it. Sweat like a dog but I think the lack of sleep made me want to get the heck out of there!

Have a get together to go to tonight at one of my best friend's house. Gosh, I hate to be a bummer, but I hate when stuff like this comes up when I am on a strict plan! I know he's going to have some bbq, probably mac and cheese, chips, cookies, and all the works, but I am just going to have to kindly say no and focus on having a good time without feeding my face! It will be hard, but I will reminding myself how empowered I will feel if I leave out of there without endulging in the forbidden foods! What I think I will do is go ahead and bring a bottle of wine with me. You can have 2 glasses a week on Extreme. I would rather have something that I know I can have then worry about drinking sugar filled pomegranate martinis that he makes!

..The life of a dieter!

I will get lean, I will get lean!
I'm sure you will stick in there. I know it can be quite hard with temptation all around you.

I finished the 35 minutes of cardio today (total of 61 minutes.) My second day on EFS wasn't as bad as I thought.

My problem is taste. Today I decided to "mix" it up a little. I took the chicken from Meal # 4 and combined it with my salad, and exchanged it for rice with beans (instead of the chicken and beans) for Meal # 3. Leaving me with just three servings of veggies for my final meal which should be fun

Going out with friends [who aren't dieting] definitely requires disciple. I explained to family and friends that for the next three-six months I will not attend any functions that involves drinking and heavy eating. The drinking part isn't hard for me due to the fact that I rarely drink. However the food.... lmao.

The pickles are helping a lot. Glad I have a "free" snack to eat should I get hungry in between meals.

Well much support to you!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #21  

Great job on Fat Smashin it. I want to post my progress with Fat Smash here, but am a little afraid to get criticized because I am not following it to the letter. I started on on Extreme, then realized I wanted more meals, so went back to regular. I lost weight!

1/10/10 - 162
1/17/10 - 157

Sandy
SandyJas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #22  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Sandy... post away! No criticism here. Everyone is different and if something is working for you - then why should anyone else be concerned that you aren't doing it to the letter. The book gives a guidance, but it is always great to be able to just be educated enough to do a Fat-Smash style way of eating and still get progress. The foods that are included in the book aren't magical foods...and by no means the only foods that will allow you to lose weight. So if you are able to take the concept and still work the plan, then by all means WORK IT !!! You are doing a great job!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #23  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Party last night -- I ate off plan. I had only one meal before leaving for the party. Brought my mangoes though, brought my own wine... so I tried to be somewhat prepared.. but I should have brought some veggies, egg whites, beans...something!

Stayed out late and did not weigh this morning! I must get my sleep together. I will weigh in some time or another this week. may not be until Friday becase I go back to work tomorrow.. and I hate weighing at 4 in the morning. I still consider that "night" weight! LOL!

Anyway, keep pushing everyone. Its late.. I have not been to the gym yet. Actually, I was going to take a rest day (which is hard for me to do). We'll see. I think I will go ahead and get a nap in and then later tonight I still may go. I dont know. I better rest though because I don't want to keep any bloat on me.

I just boiled some chicken breast and I think I may pick up some of those ready to eat brown rice cups for the week. Pure laziness but whatever... its good for on-the-go eating. I think I have enough yogurt and apples for the rest of the week. I gotta go and check out the menus for the upcoming days.

Will check back!

Keep up the motivation!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-18-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #24  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Let me do a quick log in of my meals

Meal 1
0% fat Greek yogurt & 1 cup strawberries

Meal 2
lettuce/tomoato/cucumber salad w/ 0 Walden Farms Dressing

Snack: (wondered why I was so hungry and figured out I missed my meal 2 earlier
1 apple & 1 cup Fiber One
.25 cup Barley Oats

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans

Snack 2
yogurt

Meal 4
couple ounces of chicken breast
small salad

Cardio - 85 minutes.. until the treadmill indicated 1000 calories burned.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-20-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #25  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Trying to give up coffee again. I need to do it anyway because the new plan that I will be on will not include any creamer, and I WILL NOT drink my coffee black.

So right now.. sipping on unsweetened peppermint tea.

Meal 1 - trying not to start eating until 8am
1/2 cup oatmeal
peaches

Meal 2
Yogurt
Strawberries

Meal 3
salad - lettuce/tomato/cucumber/onion/beets
1/2 of 0% Greek Yogurt with 0 calorie Rasp Vinagrette mixed for dressing

Meal 4??

Will update the exercise later.

Only have 10 days left to continue this style eating... so I want to lose as much as possible. Keep pushing!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #26  
Getting there lbs by lbs

This is great!!! In five days I lost seven pounds, hoping to lose ten in the next two weeks (that's when I'll finish phase 1 on the EFS)!

I was feeling down today, didn't want to work out BUT stepping on the scale gave me motivation. This is AWESOME!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #27  

Clap clap clap. Nice going, Tryinghardtolose, what a feeling, eh? Dedikayted, great job! But why try to not eat until 8 a.m.? The idea is not to starve yourself, right?

After my 5 pound loss last week, I snuck a peek at the scale, and in 3 days, the scale has not moved at all. Not surprising, so I shouldn't be upset, although a teensy weensy part of me wants to keep losing 5 pounds a week! I actually would be thrilled with 2 pounds a week. I think I am eating too much, but I am not going to change anything until after Sunday weigh in. I am on Phase 2 now, and may need to go back to Phase 1.
Sandy
SandyJas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #28  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJas View Post
Clap clap clap. Nice going, Tryinghardtolose, what a feeling, eh? Dedikayted, great job! But why try to not eat until 8 a.m.? The idea is not to starve yourself, right?

After my 5 pound loss last week, I snuck a peek at the scale, and in 3 days, the scale has not moved at all. Not surprising, so I shouldn't be upset, although a teensy weensy part of me wants to keep losing 5 pounds a week! I actually would be thrilled with 2 pounds a week. I think I am eating too much, but I am not going to change anything until after Sunday weigh in. I am on Phase 2 now, and may need to go back to Phase 1.
Sandy
I'm on my way to work at 8am, I don't have a blender at work and my roommate and I share the blender so that means my smoothies have to be made in the morning before work (so it becomes my Meal # 1).

I've never tried making more than enough and freezing until the next day, not sure how that would taste.

The hunger develops more so when I work out in the morning. However I prefer to work out in the morning because my energy is HIGH, after work I'm exhausted. I don't want to risk the possibility of me "skipping" my workout.

I'll try to figure something out with my eating schedule. Having dinner at 5pm isn't that bad especially if I go to bed at 8pm or 9pm (just means I have to cut out my talking on the phone, which I have.)
Old 01-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 269.9/174.8/150

Height: 5'4"

What is fatsmash? Is it a book or paid program? Thanks!
thePetNanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #30  

Height: 5'4

I've been doing the 4 day diet--just finished my 3rd week. However, I haven't followed it to the T. I've been strict, but I just made my own improvisations for what was going to work best for me. As of today (my "official" weigh in day) I'm down 9 lbs!! Woohooo!

You are supposed to do each of the 7 phases in days of 4 consecutively. There are specific foods you need to eat each day in each phase. Since its hard for me to eat those specific foods on the weekends, I've just been going to the gym, cheating a wee little bit (a girls gotta live! haha), and being careful of what I ate. Also, I did the first phase (detox) then I went to phase 2, and then just finished doing phase 1 again. I actually liked the detox phase, and I like to put the stricter phase in between each of the other phases. For me, this is working great! I couldn't be happier to lose 9 lbs in 3 weeks and in a way that didn't really seem all too much like "dieting"! I highly recommend this for anyone!
Red Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote