General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Big, big fan of the greek yogurt. A little agave syrup, sliced banana and a sprinkle of finely chopped nuts. I also do the same thing with low fat cottage cheese. Of course in the summer when fruit is fresh I will substitute raspberries, blueberries, whatever tickles my fancy.

Fast, filling and oh so tasty!

I also like a high protein bagel with a schmear of nut butter (hazlenut, peanut, whatever your choice).

Oatmeal cooked in the microwave is really quick and easy too. It can also be dressed with fruit, nuts and a drizzle of honey or agave. I like this in the winter. Really sets the tone for the day. Warms me up and fills me up.

Enjoy!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 3"

I have no qualms about breaking into my leftovers for breakfast. I've been known to make sandwiches for breakfast also. A tuna fish sandwich on toast, one of my favorites! Egg salad is another one. These can be made / mixed the night before.
If I do eat eggs I put a side of salsa or salsa verde on the side.
A bit of steak with rice or a half of a baked potato.
I have started making steel cut oats. Not a fan of oatmeal, but the steel cut oats taste better to me. Google steel cut oats and you will find easy recipes. And you can make a batch that will go a few days. It reheats / microwaves very well.
Lyndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

If I remember correctly, yes the yoghurt in Croatia is the thicker "greek" style anyway, plus I remember drinking a sort of buttermilk or sour pro-biotic (good bacteria) milky drink like Kefir.

I just took some berries out of the freezer for breakfast in a bit.

The Americans do have so many more things to choose from which does make me envious at times but I think for the most part, knowing myself, for me it's a good thing I'm not there!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #19  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

When I feel like hot food, I *love* rice porridge/congee with eggs or leftover stir-fry -- it's light, warm, and filling. Very Chinese breakfast style.

In summer, or whenever I'm feeling like a cold breakfast to wake me up, I make a fruit salad (especially melon and pineapple) and have it with a little muesli or other cereal grain for crunch. Alternatively, tomato-and-cucumber salad and hummus always make me feel better if I'm feeling grubby (read: hungover).
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #20  
Beauty Is Within

S/C/G: 202/190/150

Height: 5'4

i eat 2 hard boiled eggs every morning with a full grapefruit.. i think thats probably what keeps me losing weight every week
geminibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #21  

lots of great ideas! Sometimes I put in some flax or sunflower or other seeds in the yogurt and that are phenomenal and filling. I put that instead of cornflex and staff like that!

@geminibella, try to lover intake of eggs a little bit because it will rise your cholesterol sky high! i think more than 3-4 eggs a week is not good for your vessels!

@PINKY – hey, jey, Kefir Is great one! You visited Croatia as I can see! Great!
I did not get it – are you Dutch or American in Netherlands? I did send you an e-mail on your hotmail address that you have in profile, please check spam box, because I would like to get to know you. I did read a little bit of you blog but still did not have time to do it properly.
nomena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #22  

Some Tuna salads is also great!

And I didnt have an idea what to eat? :-) How was that? :-)
nomena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Nomena, I am Croatian too, but Croatian-American!
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #24  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Nomena! your mail was in my spam and I have a different hotmail that I use now! I will write you back
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote