General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #136  
I Really Want To Lose 50

S/C/G: 229/179/150

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone did as they planned for Thanksgiving dinner. I stayed within my plan as well. My low fat/cal banana pudding went over big time so did my ham. Yay... There was plenty of desert and my dear husband decided to make two pecan pies last minute and they laughed at them, but he tried and ofcourse I did not take a taste. lol We played cards, looked at pictures, took pictures, and laughed. Christmas is at my house this year so I have to get it together. I am trying to start getting what I need now.

Jan - That's great that you got to enjoy your family and you talked to your son.
Equinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Anyone have lunch ideas for FS detox that dont need to be heated?
DH and I want to give it a go again but he is worried about his lunch he has no way of heating anything. He could tke veg soup in a thermos I guess but thats basically what we will be having every night for dinner.
So anyone have any fab lunch and dinner ideas that work for the first 9 days?
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #138  
Jan11661

S/C/G: 193.6/181.6/138

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome to the thread LookingForMeAgain! I will give it some thought and respond later. I am sure as the other ladies check in they will also provide you & your husband with some useful suggestions.

Equinata,
Sounds like you did well with your day yesterday, good for you! I was famished by early evening and got into some turkey again but stayed within my range for the day still. Sent most of the desserts home with the family just keeping enough here for my husband and daughter to finish off by today...hopefully!

How did the rest of you do yesterday? Do tell, good or bad, we are here to support, not judge. Check with you all later.

Jan
jan11661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

I didn't do too well yesterday. I ate too much and also the sweet potatoe pie was my downfall. But it is like that sometimes.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #140  
Jan11661

Good Morning Ladies,

Life4evr,

Don't worry about one day. I had my share of getting into the pumpkin pie yesterday too. I still stayed within my plan range for the day but it definately was not part of the excepted foods for Phase 2! Just get back to it today and do your best.

Today was my weigh in for my first week of Phase 2. A combination of Thanksgiving indulgence along with little exercise made for very little improvement this week. I was only down .8 oz , better than up!

Gonna go and I'll check in tonight. I know that weekends tend to be quieter around here since hopefully everyone is having family time.

Bye

Jan
Old 11-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 231/222.7/156

Height: 5'2"

Red face

Happy Saturday Chicks~I haven't been on in a few days my computer was acting up and I have been too! I'm going to wait to start the SMASH until next week. I don't want to continue to start and stop. I have so many things I've been dealing with lately. But I still see the light at the end of this tunnell. I will continue to post and I will be SMASHING next week:0) Enjoy the weekend~:

Last edited by MOTIVATEDMOMOF1; 11-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.
MOTIVATEDMOMOF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #142  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Ladies,
I'm doing the EFS so I am no help with meal ideas for the first nine days of the FS diet.
For those of us who did not do to well on Thursday "stuff happens" don't beat yorself up, do the best to stick to plan now that its over and Christmas goodies are right around the corner and I am sure some of us will be taking about not doing to well again.Its hrd when everyone round you is eating so many tasty things.

Enjoy your Saturday - I need a nap from too much shopping!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #143  

Wink

Okay so I'm going to start planning my weekly meals tonight. I'm also going to use Spark People to count calories and check out my calorie intake. I'm so sick of my kangaroo pouch belly. I'm really going to put forth the effort and give myself a chance!

Last edited by MOTIVATEDMOMOF1; 11-29-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #144  
Jan11661

MotivatedMom,
You sound "motivated", that's great to hear! The planning of your meals will really help. If you are a member of Sparkpeople already then that site is a good tool for your meal planning. If you have not used it however, it could be complicated to start. The ladies here gave a couple more, calorieking I think and there was another. Go back in the posts and see. Either way, good luck and let us know if you need any help.

Ladies, I have been half cheating all weekend myself. As long as I was not really eating sweets I was ok. Then I got some real sweets in me for Thanksgiving and never really fully backed off. It's not that I have completely overindulged. I have stayed within my daily meal plan limits I have set for myself, but I have certainly not stayed within the FS plan the last few days. I did go out and take a 2 1/2 mile bike ride Friday and Saturday night for exercise but I'm not sure that will pay off in the end. I will continue marching on like the rest of you, and confess my sins along the way while trying my best. Catch ya tomorrow.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

Jan

Last edited by jan11661; 11-29-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #145  

Red face

Jan~thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I have used Spark People before so it's cool. I have also read some weightloss posts and it really inspired me. So to all let's have a wonderful and productive week doing what will make us healthy and happy in the long run.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #146  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Good Morning Ladies,

It is so good to have Thankgiving behind us. I must confess that yesterday I cheated with pizza. I just couldn't resist NY style pizza. I'm back on track with my EFS today and will not having any of the snacks for today and tomorrow to hopefully make up for my pizza down fall.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #147  
Jan11661

Good Morning Ladies,

MotivatedMom,

I say "Amen" to the last part of your post! I'm glad that you are familiar with SP because I really like it. The recipe base is great although some recipes need some conversion for our meal plan. I have about a dozen recipes on there of my own, some "good" as in healthy and others that are family favorites where I have a "warning, indulge at your own risk" type!

Equinata,

Wow, it must have been pizza weekend! My husband ordered pizza and wings yesterday. I wanted some but resisted. He kept saying "why do you keep looking over at the table where the pizza is, you know you are not suppose to eat that". I said "I know, I am just taking in the aroma"! I say to you "get back to it sister, today is a brand new day". Step away from the leftover pizza, go make yourself a salad, you'll love yourself for it! LOL

I'm sure the rest of you ladies will check in at some point. Hope you are doing as well as can be expected after a long holiday weekend.

Catch ya later.

Jan
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #148  
I Really Want To Lose 50

Hello Jan,

I'm back on the wagon. Thank goodness there were no leftovers! I am starting back with Cycle 1 on the EFS, kind of like your FS Detox phase. I hope to see some weight loss this week, otherwise, I don't know whatelse I could do to drop the pounds maybe quit working out so much. I don't know. Any suggestions to help me puch through my plateau?

Last edited by Equinata; 11-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #149  
Jan11661

Good Morning Ladies,

Equinata,

I wish I had some tried & true methods for moving the scale but I am certainly no expert. I do have a few questions though.
1) Are you tracking and logging your total food intake?
2) How about nutrients or more importantly sodium, fats, sugars, etc.?
3) Did you take your measurments at some point?
4) Do you have, or is there a trainer at your gym that you can ask questions
regarding food/nutrient intake vs amount of or type of exercise you have been doing?

Since muscle weighs more than fat, you may be building muscle while working out and this is why it is not showing as a loss on the scale. Are you doing alot of cardio that would be burning calories or more strength training? Anyway, this is just my personal "food for thought"!

I have a terrible headache this morning and this computer keeps acting up and erasing everything I have written. I'm going to go before I scream and/or throw this $#*&^@ computer out the window!

Jan

Last edited by jan11661; 12-01-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #150  
Jan11661

Default Biggest Loser Tips

Last thing.........I wanted to share this from a Biggest Loser email.

Facing Your Demons
One thing's for sure, don't do it alone.

We're in the homestretch of Season 8. The remaining contestants are about to head home and continue their weight loss journey for the live finale on Dec. 8. Home may be where the heart is, but it's also where the temptations are that got the contestants overweight in the first place.

One thing is clear. They must line up support. Studies show that when a person has three or more different sources of solid support, she has a much greater chance of not regaining the weight.

Our experts at Biggest Loser Club say you should look for the following qualities in a person when you're building your support network. A good supporter is:

* Non-judgmental: They never judge you for your decisions.
* Positive and inspiring: They help you "re-frame" your setbacks and help you see how to move forward toward your goals.
* Good listeners: They truly listen to what you are saying.
* Altruistic: They truly care about your success. They go out of their way to support you in reaching your goal and never do anything that sabotages your efforts.
* Reliable: You can count on them to be there for you.