General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 09:55 AM   #1  
LAWL Center Manager

Angry 48 Hour Diet Recipes

Does anyone have the recipe for the Hollywood 48 Hour Diet drink, which is basically the same as LA Weigh Loss' Take Off? I know the recipes are floating around out there, so if anyone has them, please share.

If I come across anything, I will post it here.

Joy
Old 05-30-2002, 04:33 PM   #2  
LAWL Center Manager

Default FOUND IT...

L.A. WEIGHT LOSS "TAKE OFF" DRINK
Used to "jump start" the dieting/weight loss process…

Just follow this simple recipe to make this EXACT drink!

1. One Cup Papaya Juice

2. One Banana

3. One-Half Cup Green Tea, strongly brewed

4. One Scoop Soy Protein Powder w/ Spirulina

5. One-half Cup Blueberries "Can Be Frozen "

6. One-Fourth Cup Carrot Juice

7. One-Fourth Cup Apricot Juice

8. One-Half Cup Non-Fat Plain Yogurt

9. One Pack Sweet & Low

Blend all of the above ingredients together until smooth. Serve over ice. Recipe yields 2 servings. Drink every 3 hours or less (up to 6 times a day).

**** Try to use juices with no added sugar or corn syrups, as this is the key to losing quickly! ****

Supplement with unlimited raw vegetables and pure (dry) proteins:
§ Celery Sticks, Baby Carrots, Green Pepper Slices, Mushroom Slices, Cherry, Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Yellow Squash Slices, etc.
§ Steak, Chicken, Eggs, Veal, Fish

**** Do not consume fried foods. Use as little seasonings and fat as possible. Nothing else is allowed. ****

Do this diet for ONLY 2 days, you can go 3...but no longer!! This is meant to jump start your weight loss or get off those pesky 5-10 pounds quickly. It is not meant to be continued after 3 days. It can, however, be repeated every 2 weeks or so.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:06 AM   #3  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Have you tried it

I was thinking of giving it a try for a weekend have you tried it and did it work for you.

I know it is probably a water weight thing but it might work for motivaton.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:26 AM   #4  

Default juice

I used the LA Weightloss version of the recipe, and I lost 7.4 lbs in the weekend I used the juice. Whether or not it was water weight, it sure did motivate me to stay on the plan. And it doesn't taste too bad either
Old 06-05-2002, 05:13 AM   #5  

Default L.A. Weight Loss "Take Off" Drink Plan

The foods listed, Is that what you can eat during the weekend? I thought the drink is the only thing you drank for the two days? I need help to understand this diet, Please help I really need to lose weight! I'm graduating in 2 weeks and want to lose a few pounds before then. HELP!!!!!

Starting weight: 192lbs
Current weight: 184lbs
Goal weight: 140lbs
Old 06-05-2002, 07:44 AM   #6  

Default ...

NO!! Definitely do NOT starve yourself. You eat a diet of lean protein and raw green veggies while you're on the juice. No fruits, no bread, no pasta (no carbohydrates). And only do it for 2-3 days. Starving yourself will mess with your metabolism and could cause you not to lose any weight at all.

After you finish the juice, you'll have to take up a calorie-counting or portion-controlled diet and change your eating habits, otherwise the weight will come back.
Closed Thread