General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 02:54 PM   #1  

Default Ephedrine

Recently I joined a gym and one of the trainers --noticed that I had alot of weight to lose. He told me I should start taking ephedrine 25mg, caffenie 200 mg and an aspirin. He said I should take this three times per day and that it would give me increased energy and help me burn the extra fat I need to lose. I am 47 years old and am a little concerned about the high blood pressure thing! Anyone out there using this combo...any good or bad results?
Old 02-27-2002, 03:14 PM   #2  
Chocoholic

Thumbs up STOP

Don't take ephedrin if you have blood pressure prob. Ephedrin can raise your bld. pressure so can caffiene. Aspirin works as a blood thinner. If you have blood pressure fears don't dare take this combination. You could set yourself up for a stroke. This combination can increase your energy and decrease your appetite as any major diet pill if you don't want to take them for fear of side effects don't take this combination either. Stick to water, exercise, and reduced calorie or portions. Luckymom1
Old 03-01-2002, 12:01 PM   #3  

Default What an idiot

I only have slight heart valve problems (mitral valve prolapse) and ANY ECA stack "supplements" sent my heartrate into palpitations. Even caffeine alone. One day at the gym after lifting I had an episode that lasted 40 minutes, and i almost fainted.

I hope this idiot didn't tell you to take this crap without knowing your medical history or the dangers of ECA stacks. It's not worth it, you don't need it! I lost 60 pounds by diet and exercise alone in about 7 months.

Take your time and do it slowly, the weight will stay off easier. Learn to eat vegetables, fruits, lean protein, non-saturated fats and limited whole grains (a "clean" diet). You'll do your heart a favor, not kill it.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:34 AM   #4  

I took a stack capsule in hopes of losing some weight for a few months over a year ago. I not only didn't lose but when I went in for my checkup my Dr called me in a week later and told me my ECG showed that I'd had a small heart attack. (I'd quit taking the stacks because I was having chest pains which scared me)
My cholesterol and blood pressure were also up, so I started watching what I was eating THAT DAY. I've lost 40 pounds since with just cutting calories, sugars and fat and walking. I still have a long way to go but I'll do it without pills thanks!

Kelly-Anne
290, 250, 125
Closed Thread