General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 02:16 PM   #1  
cookies are for browsers

Default Eat Right 4 Your Type

Hello everybody,

Let me first say that if you are looking to see what this plan is, it all depends on your blood type and you need to look at the book - the details are HUGE.

I am starting this thread because the diet is working really well for me so far, but I am having problems ditching the deprivation mindset. And it is really hard ordering in a restaurant.

Anybody try this plan? Got any tips on sticking with it?

Thanks,

Jennifa
217.5/213/170
Old 04-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #2  

Default Eating right for my type

I just starting this eating plan, too, if you'd like to exchange notes. It was recommended by a professional nutritionist at the women's medical facility I go to.

-Jamie
Old 04-22-2002, 08:00 PM   #3  

Smile Eat Right 4 Your Type

I started the Eat Right diet in Dec. and am very happy with the results. I've lost 45 pounds and it has been the easiest and cheapest diet I've ever tried. I've also inspired several friends and relatives to go on the diet so have quite a support group now.
Feel free to email me about the diet plan. I'm blood type A.
The first week I was on the diet I thought I was a B and ate the B diet for a whole week and still lost 5 pounds. I still get a chuckle out of that!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:04 PM   #4  

Default Great results

Thanks for your reply! I've been on the plan for 1 week now, and I'm experiencing amazing results. My main goal isn't to lose weight, just feel better - but I have already lost 3 pounds. My stomach has calmed down, and the most amazing thing is the food cravings have completely stopped!! (I was having MAJOR problems with cravings.)

I'm a type B, and all of my "avoid" foods were 90% of my diet. Maybe that's why this is working so well for me. I was afraid that I would feel deprived, having to give up wheat, corn, and tomatoes, but I'm eating other things that I haven't had in years, like lamb and cheese, so it's been a fun adventure.

Cooking at home is a challenge, since my hubby is a type A like you, and it seems like all of my "Avoid" foods are the ones he should eat. We're eating a lot of fish and beans.

Best of luck to you,
-Jamie
Old 04-23-2002, 12:54 PM   #5  

Default Eat Right Diet

I found the diet when I was researching an autoimmune disorder I was diagnosed with last year. I thought changing my diet would help control that. It has done that and more, my blood pressure has come down, my blood sugars are normal and my platelet count has gone up. The weight loss has been a nice benefit.
I don't even eat the reducing plan. I just eat what I want from the beneficial and neutral foods. Like you it was a huge change. I was a pork, potato and corn eater. Now I try different types of tofu! I eat lots of stirfries. I also eat a lot of fish and I can't go completely vegetarian so I eat chicken or turkey several times a week.
I envy you being a B. I thought that looked like a wonderful plan. You are right the A and B plans are almost opposites. If you need some menu ideas for A I may be able to help.
I have tried the Ezekiel bread and that is a nice treat. Because it is sprouted and the wheat gluten lectin destroyed it is beneficial for every blood type.
I find the book to be interesting reading and have learned alot about blood types.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:22 PM   #6  

Default Blood Type A

Hi,
I was curious. What are the foods to avoid for blood type A? I've never heard of this diet and was wondering how difficult it would be to follow. I don't like giving up certain things.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:07 PM   #7  

Default Eat Right 4 Your Type

There are 4 different diets outlined in the book, one for each blood type and each diet has 16 catagories of food and each catagory has beneficial and neutral foods and foods to avoid.

As type A I should basically be vegetarian diet. No red meat but I can eat certain kinds of fish and turkey or chicken a few times a week. I have to avoid wheat glutens so that eliminates a lot of breads, pastas from my diet. But I can eat soy, rice products or sprouted wheat products.

Besides needing to lose weight I have some other health problems I needed to address so this diet looked like the best for me. I have purchased several copies of the book off www.half.com for about 1/2 the bookstore price or you could look for it at public library.

I didn't have many problems adjusting to the diet and am eating some new foods that I like that I probably would have never tried.
I don't get hungry and have more energy then I've had for years!
Old 07-16-2002, 07:48 PM   #8  

Default checking in on Eat Right diet

Just checking to see if anyone stayed on this plan. I started it Dec. 2001. So far I've lost 57 pounds (July 2002) without really doing the reducing plan of the diet. If I hit a plateau I will start measuring my portion sizes. I'd like to lose a total of 100 pounds but am taking it slow.
My blood sugar and cholesteral have both dropped to normal range.
I started this diet to combat an auto-immune disorder and the weight-loss has been a bonus. This is a diet I can live with and not feel deprived.
Once I got to feeling better I started walking and now walk a mile to and from my office. I also bought a new bike and ride my bike home at noon.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #9  
cookies are for browsers

Hi M&M Mom (love your nickname!)

I am trying to stay on this WOE but it is extremely difficult for me. I was a vegetarian for years but for various health reasons I decided to try and get back to eating meat 4-6 times per week. It is so hard to stay away from wheat! I have been able to stick with the nuts, fruits and vegetables things and am pretty ok with having wine every now and then. I am getting treated for thyroid problems so I haven't lost any more weight, but my water retention problems have improved dramatically. I also know that when I am on the plan my energy levels go through the roof!

I am really glad the plan is working for you. You have an amazing loss! Good job!! You have inspired me to bump up my committment to this WOE.

Thanks,

Jennifa
Old 07-18-2002, 05:33 PM   #10  

Default eat right diet

I have started eating the Ezekiel bread. It has to be kept frozen so I always have to toast it. I also eat a lot of rice cakes (peanut butter flavored). Since I'm type A I'm supposed to be vegetarian. I still eat chicken 3 or 4 times a week. I cook up a couple of breasts in crockpot with taco seasoning and then use it during the week on romaine lettuce as taco salad and load it up with other in-season veggies. I also am eating more black beans for the fiber and protein! I even make my own soups and throw in black beans.
I have switched to green tea which I drink hot and cold. When cold I mix it with pineapple or cranberry juice.
I miss the potatoes. I can't even eat sweet potatoes which I loved. I also miss the yellow cheese. I have switched to feta cheese. I have also switched completely to soymilk.
I haven't had heartburn since starting this diet. You are correct I also have a lot more energy. Don't even need naps anymore!
Hope you find success with whatever eating plan you choose.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:47 PM   #11  

Can Anyone tell me how to make Ezekiel bread?
Old 08-07-2002, 06:51 PM   #12  

I just typed in Ezekiel bread recipe on Google search and a bunch came up. Here is one. Looks like a lot of work.
The money I save from not eating red meat I spend on the bread ($2.75 a loaf).

http://www.breadrecipe.com/AZ/EzekielBread.asp
Closed Thread