General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 11:47 PM   #16  

Default Good evening all!

Ledom, I am so you are under the weather. It is a drag, I know. You are always so busy too. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Rest up, maybe drink a lot of herb tea and watch chick flicks

Shopping for new shoes is an exhausting business, eh Alice. I am always SO glad when I just stumble on something before I really need it. What kind of shoes did you get?

Well, I have walked around the lake two days in a row, today it was even raining but it wasn'tall that bad. I heard a flock of Canada geese flying back so winter is ending Marley has been walking around the lake as well but he spends the rest of the day sleeping. I ordered "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, it is about the Appalachian trail. Wow! Wouldn't it be something to do go on a walk like that!!! Our friend recommended it.

Hi Shebacat! Hope all is well.

Yes, Ledom I DO hope that is my year...I kinda feel that too, I am hoping anyway.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:36 AM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hey girls,

I am sipping hot tea as we speak judi. Thank you, I am feeling much better today. I seem to have turned the corner. After sleeping pretty much non-stop for two days I have functioned at almost normal today. I am going to try for a workout tomorrow, but I am going to take it easy.

I have read A Walk in the Woods and I liked it too. I love to fantasize a hike like that but I know it will never happen. A few years back I drove along the Appalachian Trail and even took a very short hike on it, that is the closest I'll come to it though. The book has some very funny parts.

Good for you and Marley hiking around your lake.

Alice, will you and DH be walking on the beach in Florida? What fun that will be. Of course you are close to an ocean aren't you? Both you girls are, I am landlocked here in mid-America, but I do live by some beautiful rivers and lakes. There is nothing like breathing that ocean air full of salt and minerals though. I am making myself jealous!

Shebacat did you have a good weekend? Your job sounds exciting, the prospect of traveling always is appealing to me.

I watched the last episode of Sex and the City tonight. I love that show. I'll miss it until they start their new season. Tonights show made me cry, I wondered how they would deal with all that has happened in NY, I thought they handled it beautifully. Endings and beginnings go hand in hand.

Well, the result of so much sleep this weekend is insomnia now that I really need to be resting so I can get up for a busy day tomorrow. Maybe herb tea will kick in and soothe me to sleep if I get back in bed.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #18  

Default could happen

morning Ledom & Alice!

Glad you are feeling better this morning Ledom. Hey, maybe one day you will surprise yourself and do the Appalachian trail. It wouldn't surprise me if you did

It looks like we might have clouds this week but no rain. I am going to take advantage of it and be outside. Save the treadmill for the rainy days.

It is 6:07 am here and I have seized the day (had coffee with the DH) and now I am going back to bed!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:08 AM   #19  

Angry Good morning,

I hope that you enjoyed your weekend. Last night we had freezing rain. Now everything is iced over. It's getting colder and the wind is blowing very strongly. There were all sorts of car accidents yesterday and part of the highway was closed. Hopefully all this nasty weather is over with until after we leave

ledom, I am glad that you are feeling better. Did you do your workout? If so, how did it go? I also think hiking the Appalachian Trail would be an exciting thing to do. I agree with Judi, it wouldn't surprise me at all if one day you said you and some friends will be hiking it. One day we are planning on taking Lacee to a beach about 30-40 min. north of where we will be staying that allows dogs during certain times of the day, and we plan on stopping at Va Beach on our way home for a couple of nights so that we can walk Lacee on the beach. We do live somewhat near the ocean, it's about a 2 hr. drive away. We live in the central part of NH, where like you we are surrounded with lakes, rivers, ponds, etc.

judi, Good for you walking the lake. Some days I can relate to Marley sleeping the rest of the day after his walk. I can't wait until better weather comes so that I can start walking outside again. This is the part of winter I dislike the most. I bought some new walking sneakers. They are very lightweight and have a lot of support. Hopefully they will help my left heel.

Take care and have a great day.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:13 PM   #20  
Chick

Default I'm sorry to say

i pushed snooze this a.m. instead of getting up and working out. I didn't fall asleep until very late. But I bet I'll be tired enough for a 9 oclock bedtime tonight and then I'll be able to get up tomorrow. Thought one day more of rest wouldn't be bad anyway. A madhouse of a day, so I'll catch you guys later.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:48 AM   #21  

Default the scale

Well, today was "weigh" day, I lost the 2 lbs I gained plus half a pound so I am down ten and half pounds since Jan. Pretty slow.

Yesterday I left exercising so late I was going to forget it but then I decided no, so very late at night I did treadmilling. I must say I felt pretty virtuous afterward.

How are you feeling today, Ledom?

Goodmorning Alice and Miz Lacee NH sounds beautiful. I would love to go to that part of the US with the RV someday. It is so far away for us. I have been in NY, Mass. and Rhode Island but we flew there and rented a car. I would love to "do" the east coast in the RV.

Hi Shebacat!

Everyone have a good day. I plan to take our guest to a few bookstores today, after his stint in Korea teaching he has a massive list of books he wants to get. Lots of walking (& calorie burning, I hope) will be involved.

I posted a brocc./chedd. soup that I like in the soups section. It was a new recipe for me, check it out if you don't have it already.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:51 AM   #22  

Angry Hello everyone!

judi~That's fantastic losing 10 1/2 lb. Slowly is the best way to lose. That's great you exercised late at night. NH is beautiful, especially in the fall when all the leaves are at their peak. Summer is nice too, my favorite time of year. Winter is is much..much..much too long. I've told DH that if he ever wanted to leave NH for good, ask me in the winter and I would say YES in a heartbeat. Mass is nice too, that's where DH & I are originally from, not too far from Boston. Are you watching the Westminster Dog Show?

ledom~How are you feeling? I hope that you are on the mend.

Hi shebacat! I hope all is well with you.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-13-2002, 02:43 AM   #23  

Hi! Alice what time is best for the leaves??? We were there once in Amherst a bit too early and then the other time a bit too late. We still saw more color then we get here with our confirerous trees. The east of Canada (Ont.) has lots of color.

No, I don't get the dog show on our tv here. I did see the hotel where the the 1000 dog guests are staying across from where the show is held it was on the news on CNN. Have you ever seen the movie "Best of Show"? I have seen it many times. It is hilarious, it is about the Westminster Dog Show.

Had a good day, did a lot of walking.

I had a fender bender today my DH just finished paying for taking all the dents out of my car too.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:30 AM   #24  
Chick

Default Hi Alice and judi,

I think your weight loss this year is enviable judi - keep up the great work.

Yesterday morning I finally worked out again. My break was about 5 days. I was strong though I did cut back on reps of my hardest routine. I feel even better this morning. Life somehow conspired to make yesterday one of the most stressful days I have had in a long time. By 2 p.m. my head was splitting. I am glad I have exercise back to counter the stress a little. Nothing horrible, just too much to do in too short a time and I am having to deal with changing insurance which is very confusing.

Have you been watching the olympics any? I saw the doubles figure skating debacle. The Canadians shoulda had it judi, they looked so good.

I was back on track with food yesterday too. I don't think I overate while I was sick, but I totally went with my cravings which somehow were about chocolate donuts. Actually I wanted muffins but had to settle for donuts. It was interesting to me that I was able to have them in my house and not eat them all at once. I bought a package of 5 and they lasted almost 3 days. A record for me.

Take care all.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:37 AM   #25  

Angry Hello ledom and judi,

It's great that you are feeling better, ledom and back to exercising and eating better. I haven't been watching the olympics, but I have been hearing about the controversy over the Canadian and Russian skaters. This morning I heard that there will be an investigation into the matter.

judi~The leaf colors depend on what region in NH you live. Way up north near the Canadian border they are apt to turn late Sept./early Oct. In our area our leaves are usually at peak around the middle of Oct. Yes, I have seen Best in Show and I absolutely love it. It is so funny. We only watch whenever the non-working class, which is the class the Boston Terriers are in and the toy class. I think toy dogs are soooo adorable. When a GF of mine had her Basset Hound I used to watch that group too.

Hi Shebacat

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:56 PM   #26  

Default Good evening all!

Hi, no I haven't been watching the Olympics but I heard about the upset.

I went for a walk around the lake today It was nice and sunny, an added bonus.

Food was good today. I made the brocc/ched soup again tonight it is getting to be a real staple around here.

I will remember the date for the colors of the leaves, I hope I get a chance to go see them again.

Have you used the Ilford 3200 film Ledom? What did you think? What do you should mainly for b/w...Ilford or Kodak?
Old 02-14-2002, 10:21 AM   #27  

Angry Happy Valentines Day!

I received in the mail yesterday something from Prevention Books about a Lo-Carb eating approach that is healthier than some of the programs that are out there. I did send away for it. I guess Prevention is starting to look into this WOE that is very popular.
It will be interesting to see what the book says.

judi~I envy you being able to walk the lake. It must be very beautiful. No wonder you enjoy it. From what I heard on the news today, the skating scandal isn't over yet. There may be a chance the Canadian couple may still yet win the gold medal. I've got my fingers crossed.

Hi ledom & shebacat.

I hope that you all have a great Valentines Day.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #28  
Chick

Default Hey Alice,

Happy Valentines Day to you and judi and shebacat too.

All well here. I weighed yesterday. I am holding my own. My feeling is, why am I am still the same? But I know I have to really concentrate to lose and I haven't been doing that. I actually am down a pound or two from the last time I weighed. I feel happy that I seem to have lost and maintained for a good while now, through holidays, illness, etc., and the credit for that goes to my good exercise habits and 1/2 way keeping track of calories, nutrition, etc. Weighing was good because I know I want to lose more and I need to think about the things that help me lose. Those things off the top of my head are, journaling, sticking to the diet at least 98 percent of the time, weighing regularly (not everyday), cooking a weeks worth of meals on the weekend so I have the proper food and don't have to think what I am going to eat. Sooo.....I am extremely busy now. I am going to accept this situation and work to the goal that in about a month my calendar will be clear enough to give this goal the concentration neccessary to succeed.

So that is that. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:46 AM   #29  

Default Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you all had a lovely day!!

Today was a good day, went to a diff. park on the island and walked through it and around the meadow. Then tonight we went to a pub type restaurant and had a few drinks and some food.

We are going to leave on our trip next Thursday morning. I am looking forward to it.

Alice, today I saw a Boston out for a walk but boy, he was a fatty...at first I didn't even recognize him as a Boston but then he start leaping and cavorting about like they do...what a cute dog breed. Marley is becoming quite socialized on these walks.

The book from Prevention sounds pretty good. I have a few of them. I always pick up a tip or two.

Good for you Ledom for your positive attitude! You are so busy it is amazing that you do all that you do, I know I couldn't.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:11 AM   #30  

Default Good morning!

How is everyone today??

I am going to go get a massage and a pedicure both experiences I love. Will have to be careful though...mall food will be available.

It is bright and cold here, might walk on the sea wall since I will be in Vancouver.

Have a good one...hey, can you believe that it is Friday already????
Closed Thread