3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Slimfast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/118-slimfast.html)

diamondlady2 01-19-2001 04:39 AM

i like you kennedy hate when people knock down a plan that is working for someone else!! as for the slimfast plan i used it yrs ago and it also worked for me like the herbalife plan did. i do prefer the shake mix rather than the cans because i make smoothies with it... add fruit for a variation at least one meal. however i like you do not have the time to cook these big lowfat meals i work a swing shift and have to take care of my house and family so the only time i really cook a lot is when i am off!!however to all you others i still think the key to keeping your weight off--- is PORTION CONTROL!!! AND 30-60 MINS OF SOME KIND OF CARDIO VASCULAR EXERCISING AS I HAD POSTED ON MY PREVIOUS REPLY HERE! I AM ALMOST 44 YRS OLD HAVE AND AS LONG AS I KEEP MY PORTIONS DOWN AND EXERCISE 4-6 TIMES A WEEK FOR ABOUT 30-60 MINS I AM ABLE TO KEEP
MY WEIGHT DOWN AND STILL WEAR MY SIZE 8'S AND EVEN SOME SIZE 7'S!!!! I ONLY TURN TO SLIMFAST TO HELP ME GET BACK ON THE TRACK!! I STILL ENJOY SLIMFAST WHEN I AM ON MY MIDNIGHT SHIFT... AND DON'T FEEL LIKE EATING I BRING A SHAKE. BUT I KNOW IT WORKS FOR PEOPLE I HAVE FRIENDS THAT USE IT ALL THE TIME JUST LIKE ME. AND OTHERS DO OTHER THINGS. I NEVER PUT THEM DOWN IF ANYTHING I HELP ENCOURAGE THEM AND GIVE THEM DIFFERENT IDEAS. I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD WAS ALL ABOUT.

DIAMONDLADY2

chocolate lover 01-19-2001 08:14 AM

Hi All

I love the taste of slimfast shakes. They have so many varieties these days! I always drink one for breakfast and it fills me up till 1 0clock. Id say it was very filling.

PW

emmy323 01-21-2001 11:05 PM

Hi! I am new here! I have been doing slimfast since January 8, 2001. So far I have lost 10#. I like the structure of the plan. I hate planning meals all the time. I like the meal on the go bars. Very convenient to stick in your purse if you'll be away or whatever. I sometimes have shakes depends on my mood. I especially like the oatmeal raisin bar for breakfast with coffee. I find they fill me up. I am hoping to lose about 70-80 pounds on this plan and to continue to use to maintain. So far it works for me. Have a great day everyone and good luck!

diamondlady2 01-22-2001 08:30 PM

hi emmey! just wanted to with u good luck with your weightloss goal!! i like the slimfast bars too. i think its the peanut butter one i like not sure.... but they fill me up too. they are a nice change from the shakes. however i have learned to make different shakes so that i don't get bored.

DL

duchessnicole 01-26-2001 09:13 PM

I tried Slim Fast for a total of two weeks. I just couldn't deal with having only a shake for breakfast and one for lunch. It did nothing to stop my stomach from growling until dinner. I was grouchy all day because I was starving! They advertise that it "fills you up" but I have yet to see that in my own experience with it. By the way, I lost no pounds on this plan. I kept sneaking food when I felt too hungry to go on so I guess that explains why I didn't lose any weight on it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif

------------------
"A dollar for your thoughts" ~Marilyn Monroe

Rondaren 01-27-2001 04:34 AM

I have done Slimfast lots of times. Don't recall whether I lost weight or not. Usually it was a short-term thing to jump start some other diet. What my husband and I found was that for the same calories in a Slimfast shake you could have cereal and skim milk for breakfast (or oatmeal or cream of wheat). For lunch, a sandwich with lean meat and light bread and mustard. So, we were like, "Hey! that's real food. Why keep doing these shake things and being hungry all the time?" (Plus the reason that they make you so hungry is because of all the sugar.) So now, we just keep Slimfast on hand for emergencies. I actually tried doing it a few weeks ago but it upset my stomach so badly I had to quit, so I think my Slimfast days are over.

mrschubby0 01-31-2001 10:21 AM

I'm on SLIMFAST plan and like it.Wants to buddy up with other slimfast users
ROBYN

StrongWomen 02-02-2001 03:10 AM

This is in regards to the SlimFast I've tried it also and it has too much sugar if your goal is to lose weight. The low carb high protien works for me. I've lost alot of inches and I work out really hard. I do kickboxing and I love it and just got a treadmil do that every morning and kickboxing at least 3 times a week. Thanks

patredford 02-19-2001 08:02 PM

Pulling up.

Whiskey's Mom 02-21-2001 09:23 AM

have been usng Slimfast and other meal replacement bars and drinks fo a year now and I have lost 45 pounds!I only replace one meal A day and get lots of excersise. I found that it is easiest for me to use it for lunch breaks at work. That way you don't have access to food if you still have that desire to fill up. Also make sure to have a large beverage, preferably wattter, with it. I like the pounds off bars and the power bars best and the slimfast snack bars are to die for. I only folow this diet six days a week and have one day off to enjoy a treat. It may take me a long time to loose the weight but I plan on its not ever coming back!

MrsJim 02-21-2001 10:20 AM

I think that's the best thing, if you are going to use a meal replacement product -- don't replace more than one meal a day. And DO check the label to make sure that most of the calories aren't sugar. If you do your homework (on the Net or at the store) you can find lots of meal replacement shakes that are made with little or no sugar. Like I said on the other thread, speaking for me personally, taking in a lot of sugar at once makes me even hungrier!

I've been using "Lean Body for Her" (if you're gonna buy it, go to nutritionexpress.com -- much cheaper than anywhere else) replacement shakes the past few days. You mix them up with ice water and they are THICK. I can't have more than one or two a day, though -- gotta have my real food! There's no sugar in them, which is good - however, no fiber -- that's why you gotta eat real food with them.

I just had to add something that my dad said when he was using Slim-fast for a little while back in the early 90's - cracked me up!

"I don't know why I'm not losing weight...I've been doing what they said! I have a shake for breakfast at 7:00; one for lunch at noon; one for a snack at 3:00; then, a sensible dinner...from 5:00 until 9:00!" ;)

That's his old North Carolinan sense of humor coming out!!! (Dad was a doctor in the Army in the 50's - and he is GREAT fun - Mom and Dad have been married for 40 years as of this month - I wish the same happiness to everyone!). Take care!

MrsJim
265/155/145

Mini Mony 02-22-2001 09:22 AM

MrsJim Have you tried the Kashi Go Lean shakes or bars. They have soy protein and fiber. The shakes and bars fluctuate between 6-7gm of fiber and the cereal has 10gm.

I've only tried the cereal and basically it tastes like looseleaf paper. Has anyone tried the shakes or bars...how do they taste? I'd love to have a good protein/fiber bar that I could just carry in my bag for those frantic-don't-have-time-to-eat days. Any suggestions that taste good?

www.kashi.com

------------------
Mony
179/162/135
valentines day goal - 164....yes!
st. patricks day goal - 161

Progress not Perfection

MrsJim 02-22-2001 09:12 PM

Mony - you crack me up! 'tastes like looseleaf paper'. Is that the canary yellow or white? :)

I tried the "Good Friends" cereal (I think!) a little over a year ago. It was okay, but I think I'll stick to alternating good ol' Shredded Wheat and oatmeal! Basically, I have a few favorites -- I just pick up whatever is on sale at the time. Last year, Jim weaned himself off his Lucky Charms addiction. He now eats Raisin Bran and he also likes Puffins (you can get 'em at Trader Joes).

I usually don't buy the meal replacement bars unless we're out hiking or on long bike rides. I like the Luna bars.

MrsJim
265/155/145

10 Pounds to go!!!!

meredith~ 02-24-2001 05:57 AM

I can't give up a whole meal for a shake either. I usually eat about 6 times a day so every so often I throw a Slimfast in there for a chocolate fix. I know 250 calories is a lot, but thats how much is in a bottle of Mt Dew. I would rather have a chocolate shake with vitamins and fiber than that nasty old Dew I used to drink religiously.

Good luck to everyone, in whatever you do.

Oh yeah, someone else here said that they like Luna bars-those are the best bars I've found. The Slimfast ones are good, but tiny and not worth the points. Any other good ones out there?

Meredith

memyselfandlisa 02-28-2001 01:26 PM

Hi my name is Lisa, WOW!!! I have never seen so may negative answers before. It kinda makes me laugh really, I read that most of you think that Slimfast has too much suger, well I got to say this, IT HAS NO MORE SUGER IN IT THAT YOUR AVERAGE LOWFAT YOGURT, TAKE A LOOK, YOU WILL SEE FOR YOURSELF LOL. I think you should GO FOR IT!!!!
I have been on Slimfast since 17th January 2001, and have lost 27LBs so far.
I have 2 shakes aday, a really good lowfat dinner, and several low fat snacks throughout the day. I excercise 6 days a week, on my treadmill for approx 30-45 mins aday. I also have a great Slimfast club, please e-mail me anytime for support/motivation while doing Slimfast. My e-mail address is [email protected]
I would love to hear from you. LISA :D