General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 02:24 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angry Xenical Xanies - December 2001

Okay....so I'm still here...where is everyone else?

I'm am having a pretty hard time with numerous holiday challenges - about 2 lunches and 1 dinner per week - and this is killing me. I am still trying to watch what I put in my mouth, so at least this is a new and wonderful skill I am using.

I am extremehy stressed out tho and altho I can recognize the symptoms..and even the reasons (school exam & paper due next week, child #2 having homework "issues", work/job issues, 1st anniversary of my mother's death (dec 18))..I am still eating....I am at the point where I realize that dieting may get rid of the excess weight, but a lot of soul searching must also be done to understand why one overeats.....and learn to replace old habits with new ones, once you have examined your reasons for being fat in the first place.

I have a dr's appt tomorrow for my monthly weigh in and it's not looking good (Italian buffet lunch yesterday...and chinese food today...both work related meetings).....but I am still going (altho I was tempted to cancel/reschedule the appt! )

Anyhow.....I am obviously not going to make my 30 lbs lost by New Year's goal...unless I really mind my mouth.....I will keep you posted..

Hope to hear how everyone else is coping!

Take care and happy holidays!

Froufy
Old 12-11-2001, 11:14 PM   #2  

Question Xenical

Hey! I just started taking Xenical last week. I need to lose about 30-40 pounds. I need some advice from someone who knows about it.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:33 AM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

Default Hey Chedberg!!!!

Welcome to the club! I've been using Xenical since mid-July and doing pretty well...as least my dr is extremely pleased with my progress. I still have quite a bit to lose tho!

There are a few of us who post here occasionally...so keep in touch....there is another site you might want to try that has some xenical users on it (www.feelingfat.net)...it is in the U.K.

Otherwise feel free to ask me any questions you have and I can try and answer them for you! I used to visit the xenical site which I found very helpful, but it's been under construction for a while...supposed to be back up mid-november...but still not "done" yet! (www.xenicare.com).

Not sure if you have support...but if you do use it....I was given a toll free number to call and register and I was sent a video and a binder full of meal plans, recipes and information.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Frouf
Old 12-12-2001, 09:30 PM   #4  

Angry Hey Froufy! Cute Name!

I had to order Xen online. We're in the military and the only thing they prescribe here is Motrin! Haha! Anyway, I had a doctor that would have prescribed it for me in the states but so much for that.
Can you give me some guidelines on how many calories, ? fat, protein... I should have a day? I'm doing is all on my own so any info you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Ched
Old 12-12-2001, 11:24 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

Angry Actually it's short for LITTLE RABBIT FROU FROU!!!

Only Motrin???...well at least you can stop those headaches if you have to!

As for the Xenical...it should come with some information from pharmacist...my boxes come with this little sticky folded paper...and when you finally get it off the box and open it up, it's actually a miniature meal plan! If there is a toll free number on the paper or box I would recommend you call and register so you can get your "free stuff"!.

As for cals/fat etc...it usually depends on how much you need to lose......Generally speaking you should eat approx 1500 cals per day (I usually try for 1400-1600) and 50 fat grams...or 30% of your cals from fat.

You should definitely start writing things down and looking things up.....I will attach a link
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

I find this very helpful to find out cals and fat grams.....you'll need this info to keep track of your calories and fat grams...but eventually you will know all your favorite foods! You might want to invest in a kitchen scale if you don't have one (you'd be surprised at some of the portion sizes of certain servings!).

Xenical blocks approx 30% of the fat you eat....so it's merely helping you to lose weight as you still have to follow a low fat diet. For example....with 50 fat grams...only about 15 will leave your body undigested and that's only about 150 cals per day. This alone won't do it...but in combination with a calorie reduced diet (and of course exercise is encouraged)...you will see a difference.

Good luck!

Frouf
Closed Thread