General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I heard over on the televisionwithoutpity boards that Marty hooked up with Amy!

He did look absolutely amazing - "gun show" is right. He has the most beautiful eyes.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I thought is was ironic that Adrienne kept saying "I'm going to look stupid" as she was throwing these complete tantrums! um, Adrienne, you already look stupid.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #18  

"fed" up: I was just saying the same thing to a friend of mine. The host does have an annoying voice and why was she chosen to host a weight loss show?

Goddess: I thought it was on at 9 also but around 8:10 I turned on the TV just to be sure, good thing I did!

Mandalinn: I agree, I want Erik to go home too. I don't especially like Kai, but it was awful he forced her to use her immunity pass. I wished she didn't use it that episode and he probably would have been voted off that night. She used it to cover herself but I think they would have booted him because he was such a big threat.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

I love this show and I too am sorry to see Marty go. He seemed like the only one left that put "playing" the game secondary to his weight and fitness goals. You can tell in his current pics that he did great on his own.

To some degree I can sympathize with Adrian. All of her defense mechanisms are shinning through for the world to see. When she was at home there was no one there to see if she failed. Now if she fails, everyone sees so instead she tries to quit or sabotage herself. I used to do this quite a bit myself. Rather then try really hard and fail at something I wouldn't even try or I'd give up. It was easier to know that I'd quit then I tried but wasn't "good enough" A back wards attitude I know, but I can see that a bit in Adrian so I sympathize. Her whining is annoying though.

On Caroline Rhae - here is a fun game. Count the number of times she says "below the yellow line" in one show. I think the highest has been about 20. We usually try to record it so we don't have to listen to everything repeated so many times.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by "fed"up View Post
You know what I want them all to go home, these are not the nicest group of people I've ever come across, at least that's how it is coming across on the TV. It would be much more enjoyable if I actually liked somebody that's left. .....
I hear ya! (although I do like Jaron and will root for him.) I guess all this drama makes for good drama. LOL.

Even so, when I think of BL, I always think of Gary (the first BL show) running back to join Mo in the race and encouraging him to finish. It was wonderful.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #21  

Cool

I only caught a part of last night's show and missed the final vote. Although I've been watching this year from the beginning, I haven't "bonded" with any of the contestants. I think it's because of the 50 original participants, the adding back in of two and the constant re-shuffling from groups to duos to individuals. I don't much like any of them either. I really liked the show last year and find myself wondering how Dr. Jeff is doing. We know all about Suzy and Matt. Poor Bob. He's down to one contestant and he's so nice. Well, maybe it will get better.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #22  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I saw him last night and OMG, what a difference! He looks so good and happy now!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #23  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I was rooting for Marty all along but I figured that as much as he applied to his workouts, he would be pegged as a threat and bounced. I think they will do the same with the new guy - Jarron?

Once he goes I can say there is absolutely no one that I would care to see win and I probably won't watch any more of the show. I think the rest of them are quite the whiney bunch. I was also disappointed in the way the trainers seemed to treat the new people - as outsiders. They should be there to train, no matter what. The problem with many of the reality shows is that the nicer popular folks get knocked off early leaving the schemers to duke it out in the end.

I didn't care for this season's show much at all, tho people like Marty and Brian were a tribute to what can be with effort and dedication.

I was particularly inspired by Marty and his students. You could see there was a genuine bond of love between them that came right through the television set. 140 pounds lost is absolutely FABULOUS He looks wonderful and will continue to be an inspiration to people long after the show is a dim memory.

Way to go Marty!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #24  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Adrian might be whiney....and the tantrum over the lack of fairness in the challenge was over the top...but I had to give her some kudos for what she said right before she got on the bike. She said something to the effect of if they are going to be burning calories so am I. BTW...she was absolutely right about it not being fair. The new people were the first to go down. That and she lost a LOT of weight this week. Whining notwithstanding. I'm rooting for her. Call it an underdog thing. I really do wish she would stop beating herself up (and whining). She needs Jillian - who is really good at teaching positive self talk.

I think it is wierd that they haven't switched up the trainers to make it more even...maybe Bob's crappy attitude towards the new people is the problem.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Brian was my favorite. I hope Jaron wins it to keep the rest of those freaks from winning. Of course, after Matt's "strategic gain" last year, it's an expectation that it'll happen every year like "secret alliances" on other programs.

Marty did look amazing, though.
Closed Thread