General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

Question anyone have a home buissness?

OK, I currently have a 16mth old little girl and we are trying to get pregnet for #2. I am a nurse and I work part-time 2 days a week, but I would LOVE, LOVE to be able to stay home full time when we have another child - or at the very minimal go on call and not have any set hours.
however hubby is a on-call firefighter and works at a body-shop and I'm just not sure we can financial swing it with-out my extra income.
So my question is do any of you work from home? and if you do what do you do? I would love any advice you can give me
thanx
Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

it might be kind of boring, but with your medical background maybe it's possible to get a job at home doing medical transcribing for doctors?
i looked into it quite a bit before, because i'd love a stay at home job, but the market for those positions in my area is jack and squat.
just an idea though.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm a childminder. It's not right for everyone, though. I started off wanting to make some extra bucks while staying home with my daughter and now, I have a full house (5 minded children, ALL part-time, too!) and make £350 a week doing it. Granted, that's before expenses and taxes but still, not bad for getting to "go" to work in my comfy clothes. I run pretty much like a daycare center so I have lots of lessons plans and activities and paperwork and stuff but the kids get a home-like environment and more attention.

I should mention that you should really, REALLY REALLY love other peoples' kids before deciding to do this for a living but it's not a bad way to go. Treat it as a profession and not just a babysitting service and you'll have families lining up at your door.
Closed Thread