General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

I have a heart with a dagger thru it with a banner of my three son's initials on my lower back. The next one that I want to get is a purple dragonfly with my late father's initials in the body. I will get that when my mother gets up the courage to get her dragon's head on her arm.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #17  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
I've known too many women that have regretted them while attending a formal function or wearing their wedding dress.

That's so funny... since the moment I decided to do this last night, I've been thinking how I can't wait to get to wear a wedding dress some day, with a low back and my hair up, so people can see my tattoo. Especially because of it's meaning.

I don't understand someone ever getting something someplace that they can't picture themselves being comfortable with for their entire lives. I don't think I could ever be ashamed of either of mine. They're part of me and they have a lot of meaning for me.

I also don't really understand people who end up removing or covering up tattoos of past lovers names and all that. It's still part of them. That was still part of their life. At one point it was important enough to tattoo into their skin... it should be important enough to stay there and be seen, IMO.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I agree, Tisha. When I got married in 2004, I wore a gown with a back that wasn't even that low, but my tattoo was high. My MIL asked if I was okay with the fact that I had to wear my hair down because of my tattoo. My DM stepped in and said that she was going to require me to wear my hair up AND pay for me to get the tattoo touched up so it would stand out more!! My MIL was SHOCKED!! It was hilarious. (If you know my MIL, you wouldn't be horrified -- if you are at all. ) I ended up wearing my hair down for the ceremony and up for the reception and mom did pay for a touch up a month before. I love her for that!!

Also, with my plans for my BIG tattoo on my back, I'm putting it there and spending TONS of $$ on it -- of course I want people to see it! It's SO meaningful and the symbolism in it identifies my ancestors and I think it's important to remember where we come from. I'll wear appropriate attire to work and all, but if I'm at the company Christmas party, I'll be wearing a low-back black dress. Low so you can see it and black so that the vibrant colors will stand out!!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #19  

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I wasn't judging or anything. Obviously I don't see anything wrong with tatts, as I have two. Everyone is different. I like to see it on other people, but I don't want others to see mine. I don't want mine to be a part of my outfit/ensemble or to be a distraction. I like mine to be hidden...they are my little secret
Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #20  
It's working this time!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitWhit View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I wasn't judging or anything. Obviously I don't see anything wrong with tatts, as I have two. Everyone is different. I like to see it on other people, but I don't want others to see mine. I don't want mine to be a part of my outfit/ensemble. I like mine to be hidden...they are my little secret
I guess I was the one who wasn't clear. LOL I was agreeing with you. If you don't think you can live with it being out in the open for years to come, then put it someplace hidden.

I just meant that I don't get people who just get these out-of-nowhere tattoos without giving it any thought. IMO a tattoo shouldn't be something that's ever regretted. A lot of thought in design and placement should go into them, IMO. Like you... you knew you wanted them to be personal, so you put them someplace personal. It's those people who have them like on their neck or something and then are all, "Oh, why oh why did I do this?" You did it because you didn't think beforehand! lol
Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #21  

Ooooooooh...I see! I totally know what you mean. Regrets suck. And it is a big decision.

And I haven't said it, but your new tatt is cool and I like the meaning. Reminds me of Jessica Simpson's song "I BELONG TO ME."
Old 10-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #22  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha___ View Post
I just meant that I don't get people who just get these out-of-nowhere tattoos without giving it any thought. IMO a tattoo shouldn't be something that's ever regretted. A lot of thought in design and placement should go into them, IMO. Like you... you knew you wanted them to be personal, so you put them someplace personal. It's those people who have them like on their neck or something and then are all, "Oh, why oh why did I do this?" You did it because you didn't think beforehand! lol

I think that "I was drunk", is the number one reason people give for getting tattoo's they didn't really want
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I think that "I was drunk", is the number one reason people give for getting tattoo's they didn't really want
That or "I was young and dumb" as is the case with my DH! At fifteen he figured out how to make a home-made tattoo gun and inked his crushes name on his forearm......then later he ended up inking his own name over it to try to cover it up. SO, he has his own name on his arm........he gets comments all the time
Old 10-31-2006, 05:24 PM   #24  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha___ View Post

I figure that someday I will no longer have that last name, so I thought this would be a neat symbol of who I am now. Does that make sense?

That's exactly my reasoning for getting my next tattoo. When I reach my goal weight, I am getting my last name on my lower, lower back. I kind of think of it as a tribute to my dad and family. I can't wait to get it!!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I don't have any but Angie has 2. One on her ankle of some kind of tequila sunrise flower drawing she designed and one lower than her belly button and higher than her "power" It is also some kind of flower something or other, when i get down that way I don't pay much attention to her tattoo! I wanted her to get a Britney Spears full body image tattoo on her back (before K-DUMB) but she refused ~ go figure!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Height: 5'4"

I recently received my first tattoo, it's a dove in a pink heart on my chest. I had been thinking about it for a long time and finally the time was right. I have been going through a transition and for me the dove is always a symbol of protection, and because I had a breast cancer scare, I wanted something pink but not a ribbon. So the heart it was. I love it and have no regrets. It's mostly covered while I'm at work because I'm not really interested in showing the world; it's my tattoo and it means the most to me. AND they are truly addictive. I am already thinking about my next one. I'm going to Hawaii in mid-December and hopefully will have lost some weight and that may be a treat for me to get a new tattoo over there.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 374/362/250

I have 7 of them and want one more.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #28  
Pending Email Confirmation

i have 2 and want more! hubby doesn't like them but that's too bad.
the first one i had before him, it's a red gecko on my ankle it wasn't exactly what i wanted at the time, but i like him and he's got a lot of symbolism and i got him at a time in my life when i was just starting out on my own.
The second was fun, i went the night before my wedding with my maid of honor and we got matching tats, mine is on my shoulder and it's a tribal-ish sun with a moon inside it. i'm not in love with the tattoo itself, but i love the experience that i had w/ my best friend.
I have an awesome anime picture picked out for the next one, but i'm a little scared because i want to make sure someone good does it. Plus, since other tats happened at pivotal points in my life, i feel like it should also happen at a time when something big is happening in my life. Maybe hitting a weightloss goal, that is a great idea.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #29  
It's working this time!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
That's exactly my reasoning for getting my next tattoo. When I reach my goal weight, I am getting my last name on my lower, lower back. I kind of think of it as a tribute to my dad and family. I can't wait to get it!!
Yeah. Exactly. My mom has always used the "Mc" from our name as a "brand" on things for her house. She has this whole western motif, so she uses that any time she embroiders towels for the bathroom or something like that, and she even has it actually branded-for-real on some things in her house. And that's basically where I got the idea from.

Plus, our name is kinda unique and spelled differently than most people spell it. And it's not very common that you see the two lines under the "c" in a "Mc" name either.

Plus again, there's this whole story about the spelling of our last name. When my Great Grandma married my Great Grandpa, he didn't know how to spell his own name, so my Great Grandma came up with the spelling. And, my dad's generation is the last to have any male Mc----'s in it. My dad and his two male cousins were the last ones... and the two of them that lived to be of age, had daughters. So, the name sorta dies after Crystal and I are married, if we change our last names. ****, Crystal might already be married... I don't even know.

Anyway, my mom knows I got a tattoo, but I haven't told her or my dad what it's of yet. I'm just going to show it to them.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #30  

I have three..I was going to get a fourth one but I decided against it...I have one on my foot sign for unconditional love...one on my lower back Japanese for "strength" and one on my hip of paw prints...those I regret...cause when I get pregnant some day I am sure they will look like Panther prints!

I think I am good for now with them...
Closed Thread